Lacking evidence but confirmed cheater

Abyss
1651 posts Member
@EA_Jesse

I cant fig out how to post the 2 screenshots i took BUT in arena today, prizes had a lil over 6.5 min to go till awarded.
I battled #3 from rank 11 and won with 1 min 48 sec till prizes were handed out.
When i came out of the battle and hit refresh a few times (a total of 20 seconds) i was bumped to rank #6
~i have a screenshot of the player bumped me from 3-6 within 20-30 seconds~

The icing on the cake is when awards were handed out, i checked rank after collecting my much lower reward and saw the same player had moved to rank #1
~i have a screenshot of the player sitting in rank 1 also~

To surmise, i sniped rank #3 legitimatly and within 1 min 48 seconds till prizes, a player named Rebel Resurrected with 7* boba as a leader managed to beat me within 20-30 seconds and then move into 1st place all within a span of 1 min and 48 seconds.

Replies

• Winning two matches in 108 seconds while using a refresh is completely plausible. Especially if running straight dps and auto fighting.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    moongod wrote: »
    Winning two matches in 108 seconds while using a refresh is completely plausible. Especially if running straight dps and auto fighting.

You think so? Dont forget he bumped me to rank 6 within 20-30 seconds lol that seems not dooable to me but I can accept it if its truly plausible.
    When i battled him he ran
    Boba leader
    Akbar
    Luminara
    Sidious
    JC

Pretty sure that does not qualify as a "fast damage" team
    BUT
    Perhaps he swapped out the real team for that mess before i battled him???

Actually everytime i battle him he has the worst team i have ever faved in the top 50
    He finishes top 5 daily an i never thought much about it till i watched him take my spot in 20 seconds.
  • If he's running that. Then I have no idea. :|
  • You can report cheaters to @CG_LucifersDaddy
    And when you want to post pictures you have to upload them first use imgur.com/ or something.

I find it really hard to recognize cheaters. In my arena there are some players still using chewbacca and JC and when I face them I destroy them in one turn (I run Poe, poggle, Sid, Kylo and IG88) Literally one turn. But they are always able to beat me and even grab 1st place vs a QGJ, FOTP, GS, Poe and Old ben team.
    Maybe I'm just paranoia. But when the possibility is there and there is no way to check. I remain suspicious.
  • There is a very annoying bug with Arena. The team I use as attacker is different than the team I use for defense. For some reason, the AI put my "best" characters in defense, which is the one with the highest power.
    Not sure but maybe that might be an explanation to what happened to you? As for beating a team in 30 sec, it is far from being impossible.
    Member of Team Instinct
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Keldanor wrote: »
    There is a very annoying bug with Arena. The team I use as attacker is different than the team I use for defense. For some reason, the AI put my "best" characters in defense, which is the one with the highest power.
    Not sure but maybe that might be an explanation to what happened to you? As for beating a team in 30 sec, it is far from being impossible.

Hmmmm interesting. If his offence is dif then his defence then i can def try to disreguard it but i cant see whater his offence is beating a lvl 67 team of
    7* max gear phasma leader
    7* max gear luminara
    7* max gear kylo
    7* max gear sidious
    5* max gear dooku

Its not they most synergetic team and im not sayin it like its a great monster team or anything. Its my favorites and the best options I have but i just cant see another lvl 67 player knocking that team out in 20-30 seconds........ Correct me if im wrong cause I could be!!!!!!!
  • Jmy
    7 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    When i first saw this i thought it might be bout me! Lol. I sniped someone in 3rd from 6th with literally 2 seconds left on the clock. Started the battle with ~ 1:45 remaining. My team isnt even the best fast dmg but not bad. Running lumi sid (lead) kylo poe poggle. Its definitely doable to hit 2 battles with a stronger squad and great RNG
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Jmy wrote: »
    When i first saw this i thought it might be bout me! Lol. I sniped someone in 3rd from 6th with literally 2 seconds left on the clock. Started the battle with ~ 1:45 remaining. My team isnt even the best fast dmg but not bad. Running lumi sid (lead) kylo poe poggle. Its definitely doable to hit 2 battles with a stronger squad and great RNG

Part of me wants it to catch the eye of the player in my arena group so they can explain lol
    Part of me wants a legit explination of how any team can beat mine in 20-30 seconds to make this a legit loss and not someone cheating.

See your battle lasted 1 min 40 ish. And thats fast, thats a buttt whoopin. How'd this guy legitamitly beat me in 20-30 sec (thats my time too, thats not counting his loading time to click the battle, load up, start and make a minimum of prob 10 moves (he did not get all 5 of his toons to go first and 1-shot each of mine, thats impossible. Most of my toons inwas using have too much health for that)
    So after load times etc he would have what, like 15-20 sec tops to meet that time frame? Thats just not feasible even using auto lol
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Customer service just replied to my report. They said they are looking into it but wont be able to disclose what they find. I really hope it was a legit scenario somehow as i rather enjoy'd not having any obvious cheaters in my arena group but we shall see
  • @Abyss, the correct method for reporting is to open your inbox in this forum (mail icon top right) and send a PM to CG_LucifersDaddy.

In your PM, make sure to include all the info he needs including your player id & your ally-code.

Player id is in the gear icon in the cantina screen.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Snowblood wrote: »
    @Abyss, the correct method for reporting is to open your inbox in this forum (mail icon top right) and send a PM to CG_LucifersDaddy.

In your PM, make sure to include all the info he needs including your player id & your ally-code.

CG_Lucifersdaddy is not a dev i have ever seen comment, no offence, but im not sending someone i don't know to be legit all my game info through a private message. If EA_Jesse was to message me for example and give me directions on who/how to handle it then i wouod act further
  • FashionFett
    891 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Abyss wrote: »
    @Abyss, the correct method for reporting is to open your inbox in this forum (mail icon top right) and send a PM to CG_LucifersDaddy.

CG_Lucifersdaddy is not a dev i have ever seen comment, no offence, but im not sending someone i don't know to be legit all my game info through a private message. If EA_Jesse was to message me for example and give me directions on who/how to handle it then i wouod act further

Fair concern.

However, I can confirm LD is a developer working at CG. :)

Sending the information to EA_Jesse is fine as well.

FashionFett.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Abyss wrote: »

Fair concern.

However, I can confirm LD is a developer working at CG. :)

Sending the information to EA_Jesse is fine as well.

FashionFett.

Appreciate it :)))
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings Heroes,

We wanted to talk with you today about cheating and exploiting in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes. As we’ve communicated to you all before, we take people not playing by the rules seriously.

Today we are announcing our next phase of cracking down on cheating and exploiting to keep the game fair for all of our players.

Here are the steps we are taking:
    • We have created a full time position on our team to focus on the identification and handling of cheaters. That person will be using the alias @CG_LucifersDaddy (see below).
    • One of 3 actions will be taken at our discretion against players who have cheated or exploited:
      1. A permanent ban will be issued.
      2. A temporary ban will be issued.
      3. They will be moved to a different leaderboard that contains only cheaters or exploiters.

These are only the first steps of this process, and it will continue to evolve over time.

If you want to report a player that you think is cheating, please send a direct message to @CG_LucifersDaddy here on the forums. He is the one handling all cheating/exploiting reports. At a minimum, he will need your Player ID or Ally Code as well as the name of the suspected cheater. He is also the one that you will want to message if you believe action has been taken against your account incorrectly.

Do not create posts here on the forums if you believe someone is cheating as it will be removed. Instead, please send all of your reports directly to @CG_LucifersDaddy (aka LD).

The TOS can be found here and the EULA here.

Thanks.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/7585/the-policy-on-cheaters/p1

Paranoid, lol? If you're worried about cheating, the sticky on cheaters would be the 1st place to go to.
  • If the game is automatically swapping people's offence to a different defence depending on factors, I'd hate to see the amount of "false positives of cheaters" reports. People thinking crap synergy teams being the ones to snipe in a short time (30 to 60 seconds etc) could be filling Lucifers daddy's time checking out legit players.

This is a bug that needs immediate attention and fixing if it still exists. The potential flood of reports of the above mentioned scenarios would be such a waste of time put onto LD's work load. Hope he gets time to find and bust the actual hackers...

Really dropped the ball on this imo.
  • I can imagine that most people accused of cheating are false alarms by a large margin and that is the shame of it all as they'll have to weed through loads of junk to find a real cheater. My worst thought is that they'll penalize players not cheating just because someone reported them....
  • Somehow I doubt that's the case, most Teams I face are too good to be random? On the other hand, I suppose the top 5 in power usually are your regular Arena Team, only one in my Arena Team isn't top 5 in power.

For the record, I love the part about sticking all the exploiters and cheaters in the same leaderboard. Can't see that being very fun for them... ;)
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Wazlinski wrote: »
    If the game is automatically swapping people's offence to a different defence depending on factors, I'd hate to see the amount of "false positives of cheaters" reports. People thinking crap synergy teams being the ones to snipe in a short time (30 to 60 seconds etc) could be filling Lucifers daddy's time checking out legit players.

This is a bug that needs immediate attention and fixing if it still exists. The potential flood of reports of the above mentioned scenarios would be such a waste of time put onto LD's work load. Hope he gets time to find and bust the actual hackers...

Really dropped the ball on this imo.

Agreed
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    I can imagine that most people accused of cheating are false alarms by a large margin and that is the shame of it all as they'll have to weed through loads of junk to find a real cheater. My worst thought is that they'll penalize players not cheating just because someone reported them....

Agreed, the only reason i reported this player was because it was about 20 sec after i came out of a win i was dropped rank. That means, he clicked me, accepted his team, battled, won, all within 20 sec. I cant see how thats possible. Had it took 45 sec to a minute or so i could believe it but not 20 sec. Not with load times etc
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    RonTom wrote: »
    Somehow I doubt that's the case, most Teams I face are too good to be random? On the other hand, I suppose the top 5 in power usually are your regular Arena Team, only one in my Arena Team isn't top 5 in power.

For the record, I love the part about sticking all the exploiters and cheaters in the same leaderboard. Can't see that being very fun for them... ;)

That is a funny idea haha
  • I GOT A 7 STAR VADER YPU SUCK NOOB..
  • Abyss wrote: »
    I can imagine that most people accused of cheating are false alarms by a large margin and that is the shame of it all as they'll have to weed through loads of junk to find a real cheater. My worst thought is that they'll penalize players not cheating just because someone reported them....

Agreed, the only reason i reported this player was because it was about 20 sec after i came out of a win i was dropped rank. That means, he clicked me, accepted his team, battled, won, all within 20 sec. I cant see how thats possible. Had it took 45 sec to a minute or so i could believe it but not 20 sec. Not with load times etc

The opponent can straight away fight you once the screen shows your rank goes up or stay before go to arena page...so its not 20 seconds...it should be around 30-40 (do not forget the loading page from one to another)....
  • Snowblood wrote: »

@Snowblood are you still playing?
    Leader and co-founder of BHG