Luke Skywalker leader ability needs buffed

I know nearly everyone wishes our current version of Luke didn't exist, but I actually like him. In all honesty, I think he'd see play if his Tenacity boost leader ability was doubled. Or perhaps some type of conditional de-buff immunity, like when they are above 75% health or something. But, really, I'd love for this Luke to be relevant in arena, no just raids.

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    All he did was whine in his current state, he doesn't even deserve a leader ability at that stage.
  • Options
    Didn't he destroy the death star or something ?
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    That was x-wing Luke. Not boy in white Luke.
  • Options
    Luke will have both Leader and Unique ability to Lv8.. so surely it will be buffed, just wait and c
  • Options
  • Options
    Leave him be. I'd rather have RotJ Luke.
  • Options
    Yogi wrote: »

This! Give us Rebel Pilot Luke! (And the rest of the Red Squadron to run both as toons and ships, OP I tell you, a Death Star is no match for those guys!)
  • Options
    I enjoy battling your squads in arena @StormTro0p3R_H . You come up with some unique teams.
  • Options
    Luke is good in the right team v the right enemy.

100% stun chance on special and 30% chance stun on basic would make him more useful in my opinion .

We do need a Jedi Luke.
  • Options
    Please make him the March buffed toon!
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Since they've said numerous times this is all holo-table simulations, I'd like his T-16 Skyhopper added to the game. It would be funny seeing that Air Speeder up in space shooting down TIE Fighters, lol. Also the kit for it would be kind of neat.

Ships take a lot characteristics from their Pilots. So we're talking a ship that at the very least should have a stun, and grant itself critical chance up. Maybe throw the part about DoT's? but that's not a huge part of his kit.
  • Options
    Ezeziel wrote: »

This! Give us Rebel Pilot Luke! (And the rest of the Red Squadron to run both as toons and ships, OP I tell you, a Death Star is no match for those guys!)

Special rebel pilot luke pack: 5000 crystals 2-5 shards.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options

Indeed, we need a character who can solo Rancor.
  • Options
    hell no. make him the rework for August:P
  • Options
    Tenacity in general needs buffed. So if it's the only thing your ability is adding then it needs to be ALOT.
  • Options

Just make all the rebel pilots call all other rebel pilots to assist and call it a day.
  • Options
    Malthael wrote: »

Special rebel pilot luke pack: 5000 crystals 2-5 shards.

*EA's point of view*
    Great deal. Who wouldn't want it? 99.99% of players? #fakenews
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    Tenacity in general needs buffed. So if it's the only thing your ability is adding then it needs to be ALOT.

Using Luke lead, and running tenacity sets and primaries actually does work. It's just not ideal as you have sacrifice your own potency. That's why Tenacity is seen as broken; everyone's either using a potency primary for inflicting their own debuffs, or using a protection primary for characters that don't inflict debuffs.
  • Options

I'd rather have little kid anakin
  • Options
    "Grant all Episode IV allies plot armor, except Old Ben"
  • Options
    What? Luke Skywalker is in this game?!?
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Tenacity is soooo lame haha. Even if you stack 100% tenacity that usually only gives you around a 40 to 50% chance to resist. I have 107% tenacity on AA and he resists less than 50% of the time.
    When upgrading mods you never want to see tenacity lol. What is 1.17% tenacity going to do? Nothing. It's just there to pish you off.
    Tenacity needs a buff badly. Needs to be a 1 to 1 ratio. If my tenacity is higher than your potency then I should resist. You could still do a 15% chance just so rng can skrew you. But as it is now its worthless. If you have 60% potency and I have 80% tenacity that means I only have a 20% chance to resist. That's whack.
    Another thing is tenacity should also work against being dispelled. If I have stacked tenacity that should give me a chance to resist being dispelled. Tenacity is supposed to "ward off detrimental effects" how is getting my taunt removed not detrimental?

MAKING TENACITY GREAT AGAIN :D
  • Options
    Awe...work on developing my leader ability?
    But i was gonna go to the Tosche station to pick up some power converyers... :/
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    Tenacity is soooo lame haha. Even if you stack 100% tenacity that usually only gives you around a 40 to 50% chance to resist. I have 107% tenacity on AA and he resists less than 50% of the time.
    When upgrading mods you never want to see tenacity lol. What is 1.17% tenacity going to do? Nothing. It's just there to pish you off.
    Tenacity needs a buff badly. Needs to be a 1 to 1 ratio. If my tenacity is higher than your potency then I should resist. You could still do a 15% chance just so rng can skrew you. But as it is now its worthless. If you have 60% potency and I have 80% tenacity that means I only have a 20% chance to resist. That's whack.
    Another thing is tenacity should also work against being dispelled. If I have stacked tenacity that should give me a chance to resist being dispelled. Tenacity is supposed to "ward off detrimental effects" how is getting my taunt removed not detrimental?

MAKING TENACITY GREAT AGAIN :D

Imagine an arena where it's a 1 to 1 ratio. The Empire meta would be crushed in a day. Jedi and Rebel teams don't rely on inflicting debuffs, so they would just do all Tenacity sets and primary and be all but immune to Empire and Sith teams that rely on debuffing the enemy. We just got out of a Rebel meta, let's not go back in.

Potency for the sake of balance has to hold the advantage, but there's that base 15% chance for resist in addition to the tenacity check. So if you stack Tenacity you're creating a double RNG roll for the attacker inflicting debuffs. It may not work on a 1 to 1 ratio, but it does hold up, especially in the hands of defense AI and their number smudging.