Who to use second Zeta on?

Maegor
1217 posts Member
edited February 2017
I'm coming up on my second zeta and wanted some input on who to put it on. In arena I currently run Zader, Boba, EP, TFP, Shore, so obviously Boba is an option.

However, my Vader is not yet 7*, and I have not completed any of the hard nodes on light side. Would it make sense to use this zeta on qgj to complete the light side missions for the extra 5 Vader shards? I'm thinking of running Jedi (zqgj lead) and borrowing a GK to complete them all. If anybody has ran that comp, can you give feedback on how successful it was on those battles (also, I don't have Aayla if that matters). If I zetad qgj, I would also like to use him on p1 of haat. Any feedback to how well he does there?

Other options include Yoda or Zidious. If anybody runs Zid with Zader in arena, what comp do you use and how does it fare (rank and age of shard)?

Edit: fixed arena comp, lol
Post edited by Maegor on

Replies

• If you run with Boba twice in your arena squad definitely give him the zeta, since you'll get double bang for your buck. ;-)

Seriously, though, I'd lean towards Boba. I gave my first to Vader and hardly ever use it. Not impressed at all with zQGJ, and don't have Maul so can't speak to it. Honestly, since Boba is one of the best and most versatile toons right now, and because giving him the zeta will only help you in arena (which is the single best source of crystals for ftp), I'd give it to him ... That's what I'll be doing with my second zeta.
  • I'd recommend you save it until we see Nihilus' kit/Zeta options. I wouldn't do QGJ without doing Yoda as well - and wouldn't do either of those until you have GK.

The top guy on my shard uses Zader, EP, Zoba, TFP, GK. He seems to have no issue hitting first every day at his payout time. Smithie D has a video showing Zader/Zidious in action (which is also a decent combo for hAAT P2 - if you have a tusken shaman).
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    If you run with Boba twice in your arena squad definitely give him the zeta, since you'll get double bang for your buck. ;-)

Seriously, though, I'd lean towards Boba. I gave my first to Vader and hardly ever use it. Not impressed at all with zQGJ, and don't have Maul so can't speak to it. Honestly, since Boba is one of the best and most versatile toons right now, and because giving him the zeta will only help you in arena (which is the single best source of crystals for ftp), I'd give it to him ... That's what I'll be doing with my second zeta.

Yeah meant TFP for one of those spots, I'll make the edit, thanks for pointing it out. And I love Zader so far. The only thing is if you fight another zader the winner typically has the fastest tfp. Currently I get top 3 every day without issue. So the 2nd zeta on my arena team isn't *necessary*.
    Tannjam wrote: »
    I'd recommend you save it until we see Nihilus' kit/Zeta options. I wouldn't do QGJ without doing Yoda as well - and wouldn't do either of those until you have GK.

The top guy on my shard uses Zader, EP, Zoba, TFP, GK. He seems to have no issue hitting first every day at his payout time. Smithie D has a video showing Zader/Zidious in action (which is also a decent combo for hAAT P2 - if you have a tusken shaman).

Good point on Nihilus. And I wouldn't be doing qgj for arena. Strictly light side hard battles and p1 haat.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm on the same boat. I have zeta Vader but don't know who to give another zeta. On arena I run Vader, Boba, tfp, Shoretrooper, sun fac/B2/Sid.

Sidious seems interesting, he can help at heroic tank P2 squad, but without Tusken there not gonna be a lot diference.

Besides sidious can't hit hard, it's like around 5k when crits. Boba is always a nice choice, but still in doubt.

About Nihilus, I'm pretty sure he will be behind a big pay wall and will take months to unlock unless u are willing to pay big. People say wait for him like he's gonna be at cantina by the release, so naive!

I'm few shards to unlock Kenobi, will fit well on arena squad. For now, I'm gonna keep my zeta until some game changer farmable toon comes around.
  • I used Jedi with ZQGJ lead and a borrowed GK to 3* LS 9B-9D. However, you may want to hold on to that Zeta or put it on someone that helps your Arena team. That being said, I've heard Boba Zeta is not that high of a priority.
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »
    About Nihilus, I'm pretty sure he will be behind a big pay wall and will take months to unlock unless u are willing to pay big. People say wait for him like he's gonna be at cantina by the release, so naive
    Or perhaps people are trying to be logical. There are a few reasons that I logically think Nihilus will be attainable:
    1) The backlash from the DT/Krennic/Tie Reaper fiasco - Releasing an EP/Yoda-type event would do wonders to distract the angry masses - especially those vowing to never spend again
    2) A character of this proportion makes sense to have a grand entrance, not just some ticky-tack weekend event that unlocks a partial (3* or 4*) character
    3) Releasing it as a Yoda/EP style event will both make money and raise interest. How many people that had to wait 6 months for EP will make that "mistake" again? They're going to spend on character packs this time around, especially if Nihilus is released with as impressive of a kit
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Tannjam wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    About Nihilus, I'm pretty sure he will be behind a big pay wall and will take months to unlock unless u are willing to pay big. People say wait for him like he's gonna be at cantina by the release, so naive
    Or perhaps people are trying to be logical. There are a few reasons that I logically think Nihilus will be attainable:
    1) The backlash from the DT/Krennic/Tie Reaper fiasco - Releasing an EP/Yoda-type event would do wonders to distract the angry masses - especially those vowing to never spend again
    2) A character of this proportion makes sense to have a grand entrance, not just some ticky-tack weekend event that unlocks a partial (3* or 4*) character
    3) Releasing it as a Yoda/EP style event will both make money and raise interest. How many people that had to wait 6 months for EP will make that "mistake" again? They're going to spend on character packs this time around, especially if Nihilus is released with as impressive of a kit

This is truth. So many people just don't think logically and therefore have kneejerk reactions saying "Oh pay wall!: derp". It doesn't make sense to attempt to fleece the player base twice in the same month. This event needs to get us a 7 star Nihilus without paying (other than levelling and gearing your characters) and should be an extremely rare, recurring event.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I agree that a Yoda/Palp event would be awesome for Nihilus. Though, I don't share some people's views that he will be a toon that has to be 7* to be viable. When is the last time they released a toon that needed 7* to be arena viable?
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    @Tannjam @RAYRAY

I trully hope this theory to became true! After the big fiasco of krennic/DT pack, maybe, just maybe some of them might have a glimpse of smartness.

But due to all facts when it comes to a big release, i prefer to keep my feet on the ground and wait before believe in a miracle and get disappointed facing a big pay wall again.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    @Tannjam @RAYRAY

I trully hope this theory to became true! After the big fiasco of krennic/DT pack, maybe, just maybe some of them might have a glimpse of smartness.

But due to all facts when it comes to a big release, i prefer to keep my feet on the ground and wait before believe in a miracle and get disappointed facing a big pay wall again.

It probably is good advice to maintain lower expectations.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV