QuiGon bug?

Maybe not a big one, but I notice that his special attacks get deflected a LOT. I mean, way more than the 2% deflection most toons have. I'm guessing the label is just wrong, and it should say it was dodged and not deflected, but either way, it's annoying. Anyone else notice that with him?

Replies

• Dodged is for physical damage and deflected is for special damage, that's the only difference.
  • So what's the deflection chance stat? Is that just a bonus for deflection? I mean, it's not really only 2%; can't be, as often as it happens.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I mean if you're attacking a character with foresight it's gonna be deflected every time. AI does that all the time.
  • Who's talking foresight? I see him get deflected pretty regularly against toons with no evade up or foresight. If the 2% listed in the ability section is just a bonus, that's one thing. But if it's the absolute chance to avoid special damage, then something is broken somewhere, becuase it happens way to often.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Who's talking foresight? I see him get deflected pretty regularly against toons with no evade up or foresight. If the 2% listed in the ability section is just a bonus, that's one thing. But if it's the absolute chance to avoid special damage, then something is broken somewhere, becuase it happens way to often.

Yeah I was more just making a joke about how the AI will use his Dispel to try and dispel Foresight from people because it counts as a buff, but the AI is too dumb to realize that it'll dodge.

Other than that, yeah it's weird, we've always kinda suspected that AI gets a slight evasion increase because it's not quite as smart as a person, but we can't really actually prove that. Basically just RNG.
  • Yeah, I always figured the AI was getting to cheat a bit, especially in GW (seriously; it's jaw dropping). But I just wondered if it was a label issue; that the attack wasn't deflected, but resisted or something. I've seen three of his specials in a row, in one battle, get deflected. If it really is a 2% chance, then that's a .000008% chance of that to happen. That tells me that something is off; that it's not really 2%, that the label is wrong and it wasn't deflected, or something else is contributing to it. Just don't know what.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Yeah, I always figured the AI was getting to cheat a bit, especially in GW (seriously; it's jaw dropping). But I just wondered if it was a label issue; that the attack wasn't deflected, but resisted or something. I've seen three of his specials in a row, in one battle, get deflected. If it really is a 2% chance, then that's a .000008% chance of that to happen. That tells me that something is off; that it's not really 2%, that the label is wrong and it wasn't deflected, or something else is contributing to it. Just don't know what.

Nah, deflected means dodged, not resisted, dispels can't be resisted, if you're going up against a dodge lead though, good luck haha, AI loves dodge leads.
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    Both Qgj specials use special damage so you won't see dodged when avoided but you will see deflected as others have stated. I believe both dodge and deflection have base of 2%.
  • I hear that! Ugh, the stories I could tell.

But what puzzles me is that there is a stat for the characters called "deflect". It's at the bottom of the stat lis in the "Special Survivability" stats. It's 2% for everyone near as I can tell, and the description is "percent chance to evade special damage".

So...if that's what it is, and nothing else contributes to it, then the chance to deflect a special is pretty low. Must be more contributing to it, but it sure makes the stats confusing to understand.
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    I hear that! Ugh, the stories I could tell.

But what puzzles me is that there is a stat for the characters called "deflect". It's at the bottom of the stat lis in the "Special Survivability" stats. It's 2% for everyone near as I can tell, and the description is "percent chance to evade special damage".

So...if that's what it is, and nothing else contributes to it, then the chance to deflect a special is pretty low. Must be more contributing to it, but it sure makes the stats confusing to understand.

Unless the character has an evasion buff or evasion lead should be 2%.
    Not to say that the AI gets an advantage because we all now that is not true but.....