Love the game, but a few observations

Probably nothing new here. Been playing a long time, but am new to the boards.

But something that kind of puzzles me about the game is the balance. Bear with me a minute.

Now, I know that not all toons are created equal. That's fine, and to be expected. After all, a lowly mob enforcer shouldn't be able to whip, say, Darth Vader in a one on one fight. But it always puzzles me that characters that are nearly universally reviled as weak, useless, and generally no good are just as expensive to gear and mod as those that aren't.

Take said enforcer. To reach gear nine, she needs a Mk V furnace and a set of Mk III stun cuffs. Those are precious pieces to farm, so why waste them on such a puny character? I guess I'd like to see differences that give you a reason to actually farm characters like that. Make them easier to find, easier to gear, or something. As it is now, there's just no reason to ever farm the mob enforcer, CUP, etc.

And while I know this has likely been brought up before, the game seems to have a lot of priorities backwards. Jedi are the creme de la creme of the SW universe, but in this game, it's not Jedi who are the big bads; it's pilots. When a TIE fighter pilot can whip Mace Windu in a fight, something's just off. Most of the Jedi characters are pretty old at this point, and the new meta toons are fast leaving them behind. To many anti-Jedi toons/teams out there, and the Jedi basically have no "anti" synergy at all. There are a few exceptions, like EK's anti-droid ability, but that's about it...and that's pretty puny. There is no Jedi that dispells debuffs, for example, at least not on a team-wide basis (like Rex or AA). No Jedi gives the team any sort of turn meter removal ability, like the empire or night sister teams do. Just think they need a bit of a rework, or before long you won't see them at all.

Anyway, just my thoughts. Still a fun game and really nicely done; just needs some tweaking, I think, or it will suffer from imbalance.

Replies

• General Kenobi dispels debuffs for team (yes, I know not a lot have him). Barriss dispels on lowest health character. Tm removal from qgj / Yoda. On top of that, other than Rex / Chirrut, nobody really has mass tenacity up. Also, Jedi as a whole are good in the right combos.

I do agree with you that they could use a bit more "less than zeta needed" synergy. As far as meta, Kenobi is definitely meta. We don't have any qgj zeta leads in our shard, but I know a few do. Yoda does well against Empire teams if you get him fast enough.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • i agree the game is backwards when it comes to jedi and sith which in my opinion is the heart of the star wars universe. this game seems to be more about pilots and clones than anything. the main story of star wars is the jedi vs sith. they should be top dogs.
  • Yeah, I know about Kenobi and I'd love to get him, but to be honest our guild won't ever get there. We plow through the Rancor in about an hour on elite, and can do the basic tank mission in a day...but we don't coordinate. Until we do, we can't beat the elite tank raid.

Don't get me wrong, I dig my Jedi. But when you compare the damage output they can do vs. other teams (Wiggs/Lando, Empire, etc.) it's pretty lackluster. They need a little something. Windu in particular is way past the need for an update to keep him viable. Too slow, really mediocre special attack (take buffs, get nothing for it?), and pretty mediocre leadership ability. He doesn't even hit that hard, even with the bonus he gets for being over 50% health. And yeah, QG and Yoda can take a little TM, but since it's not resistance proof, it hardly matters. Vader and Ventress leads provide the entire team a chance to take it that can't be resisted; they're brutal in the Rancor raid for just that.