Galactic war teams

Who do you start your GW with?
I use phasma led, Rey, ep, luminaria, and GS. I rarely lose. Odd combo I kno.

Replies

• Node one: droids
    Node two: rebels
    Node three and four: clones (cause they are my pet project right now and fun!)
    Node five-twelve: palp lead, Vader, tfp, boba, RG.

If any of my palp team die I switch to one of the other teams I have preloaded with tm. Or I swap in shore/b2.

I have lost one time in the last 5 months. And that was because I hit two chaze/wiggs teams in a row.
  • How can you have preset teams for a node when you don't know which team you're up against on that node?

You should adapt your team to go with the team you're up against.
  • Hammurabi wrote: »
    How can you have preset teams for a node when you don't know which team you're up against on that node?

You should adapt your team to go with the team you're up against.

Because I'm pretty sure the first 4 nodes are easy enough that it doesn't matter who you throw at them
  • I adjust often based on who I'm against, but it is mostly
    Wedge (L)
    Biggs
    JC
    RG
    BF
    Works pretty good for me.
    My B team usually consists of
    Sid (L)
    DV
    LU
    Ahsoka
    STH/Rey/CD/rarely CB
    They're a mess, I know, but they seem to work out for me.
    Ain't no thing like me, except me!
  • EP TFP DT Boba and Vader. I hardly even take a hit.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    EP TFP DT Boba and Vader. I hardly even take a hit.

Nice
  • Lirg
    170 posts Member
    Wedge, Biggs, lando, qgj, and ep. Too op
  • EP, TFP, RG, Vader, and Maul/IG-88/Tarkin. Occasionally I use my rebels to clear a node or my jedi to save protection on my main squad.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I usually get through the first 10-11 nodes with Wiggs, Ackbar, lando, RG (notice all the healing) then clean up the rest with my EP team
  • War
    932 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Mine goes like this: Krennic (L), DT, Snowtrooper, Magmatrooper, SHT. I typically go until this team can't beat next node. In which case I retreat and send in; EP (L), Vader, Tarkin, Veers, Stormtrooper. After that node is beat I go back to original team.

This goes on until Krennic team can't go any further without heavy casualties. So I go back to the EP leader team and replace units as they fall. Stormtrooper to SHT to RG so I always have a tank. Tarkin/Veers to Snowtrooper, Magmatrooper, and DT whichever ones are still alive. If too many Empire characters die before final node, I switch to Vader (L), EP, Sidious, TFP, Boba.

The purpose is to get to play all my Empire characters everyday, since most of them can't be played in other areas of the game, while beating GW everyday with Zeta Vader if needed.
  • Ep lead, tfp, shoretrooper 3* g11, dt 3* g10 & krennic 4* g8 they finish all 12 & rarely lose protection besides shoretrooper.
  • Kobi
    77 posts Member
    Wedge lead biggs lando palpatine quigon for the whole galactic war (with this team it is the fastest) and if i need to i simply throw in my empire team for 11-12 node...my empire team is better but it takes longer to make it through whole gw with them ;-)
  • Wiggs, lando, ep and boba. Last battle I occasionally have to bring han for boba or ep.

On my second account, life is way more difficult. I run an igd counter team in arena there, but that lacks the sustain of a wedge lead obviously. So I actually go for lumi lead quite often. Makes for some decent regeneration if you leave a tank up at the end to slowly basic down. It's painfully slow compared to the superior rebels, though.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    It varies depending on what I"m facing. I usually try to start of with my jedi team. But lately Sideous has been all over my 1-5 nodes, so I have to find a battle that better suits them. Then I switch to resistance team usually. I save my ewok team for counter teams because teebo stealthing my team prevents damage from counters (dooku, fives, and aayla are all commonly seen). I usually use my empire team on a node with all jedi/rebels, then I always use my rebels on node 5. I don't bother preloading my droids because JE always goes first, which means that my droids will always go first even on nodes 9,11,12. But I always load up all these teams with TM because I almost lost once to a kenobi led team with barris, baze, chirrut and I can't remember who the fifth was, but I want to say EP or something like that. I couldn't do any damage because of barriss's zeta. But I somehow managed to get through it using my whole roster.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    I try muscle my way through nodes 1-5 with fodder/work in progress heroes for fun (clones and droids currently).

Then it's ep, vader, rg + any 2 dps heroes to finish 6-12.

Usually at node 11-12 I put in ep, vader, boba, b2, tfp. Sometimes that team gets sacrificed to break up an overpowered opponent, then I put in my rebels, wiggs/lando to clean up.

I've had EP since last August/Sept and GW had never been a problem since. Having B2 makes its even easier, and working on Sun Fac for back up (and for ship and raids).
  • Ted
    71 posts Member
    4 teams: wiggs, aa, lando, SThan or leia
    Qgjz, ani, yoda, Ashoka, aayla.
    Hk47, ig88/86, nebit, JE.
    EP, RG, dv, boba, tfp.

Preload all of those in first 4 nodes. On a rare occasion one of those teams will die completing it.
  • 1-8, 10 - Phasma, FOTP, Kylo, QGJ, SF (used to be droids until FO rework)
    9,11 - EP, Wiggs, TFP, shT or B2
    12 wedge
  • I've found that Maul is the ultimate GW toon. You can manipulate your fights so that he finishes each node with 100% turn meter and his AOE off cooldown. It's great for shutting down the heavy counter attack teams you run into later on.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/siskin/
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • Node 1-4

- Lumi, QGJ, Rey, 5s, GS (Frankensteam)
    - HK, 88, 86, JE, Nebit
    - EP, SF, Phasma, TFP, RG/Vader
    - Wiggs, Lando, AA, STH

Then Node 5-10 with either the EP or Wiggs team, node 11 with the other one, then node 12 usually drops with just one of those teams, if not, the rest mop up any remains.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Node 1-6: Phasma(L), IG-86, JC, Cad Bane and Assaj. I usually put them also on node 6 where they sometimes can clean one toon.

Node 6-11: Can usually use the same toons. EP(L), RG, TFP (only 5* gr 8), DT (gr 7), and Vader/Daka. Good stun team. Usually can go to node 11 with them.

Node 12: t that point, TFP and DT are too low in health and I switch to JKA, SF or QGJ, depends on the last node. Can complete with a Rebel Wiggs team, Counter Jedi team.
  • I have 5 teams:
    1. Dooku(l), Daka, QGJ, RG, Rey
    2. Full ewok team + Ani
    3. HK-47, Ig-88, 86, Nebit, JE
    4. Wiggs, Lando, Leia, STH
    5. Papli (l), Vader, RG, San Fac (or Dooku against jedi), B2

First 4 warm up on lower nodes, then I use only 4th untill very hard team, then 5 team to finish or first 3 to melt. Never fail GW for months...
  • Lately I've been using EP (L), Vader, Maul, RG, and Boba. Rarely do I have to change, but when I do, I will bring in the Wiggs/Leia/STH/Lando crew.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nodes 1-12. Zader, ep,boba, chaze.
  • Wiggs (L)/SRP/Leia/Luke (yeah I know... I maxxed him and thought I may as well use him somewhere).

These currently get me through all nodes but I usually lose 2/3 on the final node. I'm level 82 though so I don't get many extreme teams (although strangely, when I was 70 - 80 the last 4 nodes were always level 85 + very high gear).

Are GW teams completely random (as in, are the 5 toons picked from another player's full roster?) I keep meaning to ask as I come across level 80+ teams that are terrible (often with toons as leader that have no leader ability)
  • Wiggs, FOTP, GS, Leia

That takes me to node 11, then it all depends on the team im facing if i need to swap out someone or a whole new team
  • Wedge (l), Biggs, Lando, STH, Leia/Rey/ Sun Fac. The last slot is adapted to the enemy.
  • Node 1 : Jedis ( Qgj, IGD, Luminara, Yoda, Ahsoka)
    Node 2 : Ewoks + rg
    Node 3: Palp (L), Vader, magmatrooper, Tarkin, Tfp
    Node 4-12 : Clones with Zody.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Wedge lead + biggs + han solo for the first 10 nodes (+2 random guys to pre-load TM at first, 2 best suited for the harder nodes)
    node 11: fun team (counter jedi, droids, or whatever, doens't matter if they die)
    node 12: undergeared/starred krooper + palp, shore and TFP. It's just fun to beat fully maxed teams with those guys. I pre-loaded TM on the whole team though, not sure if i stand a chance if i don't do that. Also doesn't really matter if i lose, my other characters can clear the battle if need be.
    <3 GW, best mode in the game!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • EP (L), Vader, Maul - Lv 78 G9 - All I need, sure it will get harder as I get higher level though. Haven't lost any character since I started using it.