5 day tank lockout, salty

BobbyJimmyJam
317 posts Member
edited February 2017
So, a few of us have been jumping a bit the last few months, helping our brother guild out with a second heroic tank.

Was fun, up until the last patch. Got a few raid timers, couple days here couple days there. Then, patch hits were not on tank cd so we jump over to our brother guild to drop some beats on a heroic tank. Somehow when we get there, before we even hit the tank we get stuck with a 4 day cd, pretty gutted but either way we were like fine, we will hold tickets and wait till we come off cd. We held tickets and waited until monday. We decided not to jump for awhile after that.

We drop our first 90k on monday and kill the tank within 24 hours, then because we had stacked tickets we fire up another tank, fun times.

WHAM 5 day whammie of a reward cd

pretty gutted

could we please get a bit of clarity as to how the reward cds work on tank now?

Replies

• If you get the coins, you should be able to do 7 raids every three weeks. Usualy the pattern will be 2/2/3.

I dont have the post with the maths, but thats roughly the end result.
  • NewBeans
    6 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    can we please get a proper answer to this? or should i put this in bug reports as well?

@CG_TopHat

Not empty quoting.

TBH, If I was getting rewards for the jump, then I got a timer, ok. But I nor Bobby got a reward for helping (AKA building a community) another guild complete a raid. So on the surface it appears like we got penalized... But then I find out another guild member has a timer, who didn't even hop to help...****...

Perhaps a better explanation of this 210K limit is deserved. Maybe it even needs to be re-examined...

For if a guild starts an AAT heroic with max tickets, THEN continues to earn their max tickets each day eventually all members would be locked out of raids, or leadership would have to make a decision to not launch a raid and eat tickets.

While you guys figure this out, or even just clarify this, I'm gonna go do something else that doesn't require me to buy crystal vaults because why not? I can't raid. So let me find some other game to occupy my time and money with.

210K limit sorta works if guilds aren't maxing out their tickets.

• Here is how the 210k limit works. You do raid 1 90k.Then raid 2 90k that is 180k tickets any raid after that you dont get rewards for because it exceeds the 210k limit. If you do the math on each week you can only earn 210k tickets. This the same for heroic pit because of how many tickets you can generate you can only launch 3 7* pits a week. Just like you can only launch 2 a week for normal and heroic aat.

Though this rule works and prevents exploits through guild hopping. There hasnt be any explaination that states you get put on an actual reward timer. My understanding is it was you just dont recieve rewards for that raid.

But it might be that if you exceed the raid limit it locks you for the rest of that rsid week. I would like to see some clarification on that portion of it for sure
  • It could also be because you started a heroic tank right after one finished so it flagged it and put up a reward lock
  • Waiting for a proper answer by CG. We just want to understand how this thing works.
  • did you read the part about being on a 4 day lock first, that makes no sense, as we had done 180k tickets worth for the week, fully within our guild and had not hopped since we got the 4 day ban, 180<210 where is the math you are talking about? This doesnt compute into any math you have delivered, nor does it compute with what is quoted in game, nor by cg_

can we please just get verification as to how raid cooldowns actually work.

180 is less then 210 but if you add another 90 to that what does it do? It goes over 210 doesn't it. you can only complete 2 heroic tank raids in a week, it's not new it has been there from basically the start of the tank raid
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    NewBeans wrote: »
    can we please get a proper answer to this? or should i put this in bug reports as well?

Perhaps a better explanation of this 210K limit is deserved. Maybe it even needs to be re-examined...

For if a guild starts an AAT heroic with max tickets, THEN continues to earn their max tickets each day eventually all members would be locked out of raids, or leadership would have to make a decision to not launch a raid and eat tickets.

You only get the lockout if you are hopping. I don't know how long it takes for the hopping tag to fall off, or how many times you have to hop to get it to tag you. The limit is there to prevent guilds from running alt guilds and raiding every single day. If you stay in your guild, it doesn't matter how many raids you do, you won't be locked out.

You are most likely in the minority if you want the limit removed.
  • so far from the truth, if you want to put your 2 cents in please dont resort to guesswork.

this isn't guess work what I am saying is fact, ask anyone from a good guild that does many heroic tank raids and they will tell you what I have. I am telling you what you asked for, clarification
  • How about not guild hopping instead of clarification on the rule made to prevent guild hopping
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    How about not guild hopping instead of clarification on the rule made to prevent guild hopping

+1
  • @BobbyJimmyJam

Unfortunately I do not have the answer. I will say, as others have said, that if you don't understand the game mechanic then don't do it. Meaning, you created this thread asking a question about your lockout. You don't understand why you are locked out. To stop being locked out for any period of time, do not hop. Keep not hopping until you do understand how to limit your lockout.
  • The limit of 210k tickets per week applies to people who change guilds. If you establish membership for 7 days, you can raid everytime you have tickets. This was done for two reasons:
    1. Curb guild hopping
    2. Not punish teams when tickets get maxed out through leader's inbox

The previous model would lock the entire guild out of rewards when the 150k tickets dropped in. The details are in one of the dev/game updates from a few months ago.
  • Nobody cares about people who guild hop and expect rewards.

You want clarification so you can essentially be in two guilds and get as many rewards as possible.
  • I'm 99% sure they added programming that does this:

when joining a guild check weekly personal raid coins spent.

1) if under 210 increase weekly personal raid coins to 209. (next raid locks u out.)
    2) if over 210 activate & display lockout.

Kinda simple and prevents hopping for extra gear.

So if your under 210 you get 1 raid so basically they bump you to 209 or something when u join a guild anytime.

I joined a new guild for heroic AAT on a Monday, did a raid and was locked out for the whole week.

So if your gonna change guilds do it before your weekly times resets on Sundays.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Kabitoe10 wrote: »
    Here is how the 210k limit works. You do raid 1 90k.Then raid 2 90k that is 180k tickets any raid after that you dont get rewards for because it exceeds the 210k limit. If you do the math on each week you can only earn 210k tickets. This the same for heroic pit because of how many tickets you can generate you can only launch 3 7* pits a week. Just like you can only launch 2 a week for normal and heroic aat.

This isn't correct. You can do 3 AAT raids a week Sun thru Sun, and 4 Heroic Rancors within the same timeframe. As an example, for a HAAT, the 210K limit is starting tickets. You can start a 3rd raid within the same Sun to Sun as you'll be below the 210K limit. A starting ticket = 1. The full amount of 90K doesn't count towards the starting value. Starting a 3rd raid = 180,001 tickets. You will get rewards for this 3rd attempt. An attempt at a 4th HAAT within the same period would be a starting value of 270,001. You're over 210K, therefore no rewards.

Everything you need to know is within my thread here (see the last handful of posts, most specifically):

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/87804/helping-guilds-with-raids-logistics/
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • SnakesOnAPlane
  • Snakes he isn't complaining he can't do 3 even 2 a week... He got locked out after 1 raid... Obviously he can't do 4 a week but lockout after just 1 raid? Yes that's possible if he changed guilds after the weekly personal reset on Sunday afternoons.

The reason is because if u change guilds u only get 1 more raid (this is new)... Anyweek just try it... You will see its new and was added probally to combat the guys who were using a loophole to get over 3 a week (I won't say how please don't be all ban happy) up to about a few weeks ago...

I don't recall the update ever being announced but your locked after 1 raid (if u change guilds) I have a lockout screenshot I had on Tuesday and we only did 1 raid that week. Ineligible for 5 plus days.

I hopped Saturday to help a lower guild finish a tier 5 rancor and then join us for heroic aat we rejoined on Sunday afternoon (a new week) but it came back to bite me as I was locked out for the rest of the week after just 1 heroic aat.

• Snakes he isn't complaining he can't do 3 even 2 a week... He got locked out after 1 raid... Obviously he can't do 4 a week but lockout after just 1 raid? Yes that's possible if he changed guilds after the weekly personal reset on Sunday afternoons.

The reason is because if u change guilds u only get 1 more raid (this is new)... Anyweek just try it... You will see its new and was added probally to combat the guys who were using a loophole to get over 3 a week (I won't say how please don't be all ban happy) up to about a few weeks ago...

I don't recall the update ever being announced but your locked after 1 raid (if u change guilds) I have a lockout screenshot I had on Tuesday and we only did 1 raid that week. Ineligible for 5 plus days.

I hopped Saturday to help a lower guild finish a tier 5 rancor and then join us for heroic aat we rejoined on Sunday afternoon (a new week) but it came back to bite me as I was locked out for the rest of the week after just 1 heroic aat.

You're right, brother. I guess what I was attempting to say to others is never try to do more than 3 HAAT raids and 4 hRancors a week (even when mercing), or you'll be jacked, exactly how you're explaining.
    SnakesOnAPlane