Darth Nihilius Event details

Prev1
Roken_Fett
1293 posts Member
edited February 2017
So I just went to the Events pinned discussion board and it shows the Lord of Hunger Event starts on the 16th.

Looks similar to the Krennic/DT event.

Why is no one talking about this? Or am I the only one hyped?
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• I think everyone is excited for the event (another big shout out to @CG_CapGaSP for putting quality events together), but everyone is more nervous with the post release of the event/toon. That we will be cornered with another soul shattering price point for a pack release :(
  • Lol are you hyped about a 3* and 4* toon that won't be accessible 7* to anyone but those with $1000 lying around, then the gear needed to finish them and make them usable? Me neither.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • It is the same as Krennic/DT lol. And there is a merged thread on it somewhere
  • But what does, "good against Sith" mean?

To my knowledge there are no characters with that perk on them.

Unless they update the game with something widespread. Which I doubt.
  • You are not alone my friend! Once i heard about DarthNihilus I started to farm Savage from beginning to 7* just on the off chance we needed sith for the event... I'm hyped :-)
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Ah. Couldn't find the thread. My bad.

Well, I'm just hyped to see what changes this will all bring. And I just think he's cool looking to have.

You never know, maybe EA won't charge us what they did for Krennic/DT.

• Roken_Fett wrote: »
    But what does, "good against Sith" mean?

It's a meaningless quote to get us excited, while there's no specific comp or anything 'good' against sith. Just don't use Jedi basically.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • benacrow wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    But what does, "good against Sith" mean?

It's a meaningless quote to get us excited, while there's no specific comp or anything 'good' against sith. Just don't use Jedi basically.

Ah, I see. Well I've been hoarding crystals, training droids, credits, and ally tokens since they announced the event. Hopefully more details come soon so we'll have a better idea what to train/farm.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    So I just went to the Events pinned discussion board and it shows the Lord of Hunger Event starts on the 16th.

I was hoping for Yoda / Emperor style where you end up with a free 7* toon rather than Krennic style which is the event dragging itself for a week instead of something you can be done with in a day.

What's more interesting is

"Main Rewards: Darth Nihilus and two other 'to be announced' dark side characters"
  • Ultra wrote: »

I was hoping for Yoda / Emperor style where you end up with a free 7* toon rather than Krennic style which is the event dragging itself for a week instead of something you can be done with in a day.

What's more interesting is

"Main Rewards: Darth Nihilus and two other 'to be announced' dark side characters"

Yeah, I was holding for an Event like Palpatine, where it's ultra rare.

And agreed, the two yet to be named is quite intriguing.
  • *hoping

**** you Siri.
  • I am assuming none of you guys have read the new Dev Update... He will be released the same way kren/dt was released https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91791/character-release-cadence#latest
  • So does that mean after the event we'll have to spend $1000 to level him and them (2 unnamed) up?

Because that'll be another slap in the face. Back to back slaps to the face.
  • Tjbear02 wrote: »
    I am assuming none of you guys have read the new Dev Update... He will be released the same way kren/dt was released https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/91791/character-release-cadence#latest

We've all read this and it's the topic we're discussing above.

I can't be excited about any new toons because of how they released Krennic and deathtrooper. There's no fun knowing you can't 7* them in any reasonable way soon, and a 4* non-tank is pretty useless.
    So does that mean after the event we'll have to spend $1000 to level him and them (2 unnamed) up?

At this point I think that is expected.
  • Tjbear02
    354 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    So does that mean after the event we'll have to spend $1000 to level him and them (2 unnamed) up?

Yep. It means that the first 4-6 weeks it will be 2,999 crystals, and then the next 4-6 weeks it will be chromium or shard shop only, then the next 4-6 weeks it will be in a shipment (regular, Cantina, arena, or GW shipments I am assuming), a LS or DS node, OR Cantina Battles Node. So all this so called "Hype" is all gone for me lol. No point in saving gear as of now, we can't farm any of the 3 new characters (Nihilus and 2 TBA DS characters) for another 2-3 months, unless you wanna be stuck with a 4* and most likely 2 3*'s.
  • I reread the event and it says Yoda style?.... did I read that wrong?
  • I'm excited to unlock 3 dark side characters for pretty much free no matter the rarity, not excited about the 1k-priced packs.
  • Oh, just re-read it.

So EVENTUALLY all characters can be farmed. And most new characters will have this type of entry to the game.

But they mentioned super special characters to come in as Yoda type of event.

I wouldn't thought DN would fit that. Guess not.
  • "Our current plan is to have nearly all of our new characters (aside from some VERY special characters which we plan to release through “Yoda-styled” events) released through the new event structure for the near future."

I would say Nihilus is very special?....
  • I'm excited to unlock 3 dark side characters for pretty much free no matter the rarity, not excited about the 1k-priced packs.

Yeah I'll be interested for about 5 mins when looking at all 3 of their abilities and possible synergies, then immediately lose interest looking at their gear, my lack of gear, and the mere ability to only unlock them at a low star amount.
  • I could be wrong only person who'd be "more special" imo would be Revan
    Oh, just re-read it.

So EVENTUALLY all characters can be farmed. And most new characters will have this type of entry to the game.

I am pretty sure when they release Darth Revan, he will be required by 5 5* sith to unlock, 5 6* Sith to get 6*, and 5 7* sith to max. I say this because with Nihilus and these new 2 characters in which at least 1 is most likely sith, there will be enough sith now to do a special event like this
  • I could be wrong only person who'd be "more special" imo would be Revan

Yeah. I would've thought Nihilius would've fit the "very special" moniker myself. Revan for sure. But doesn't seem like DN is getting the Yoda treatment.
    Oh, just re-read it.

I am pretty sure when they release Darth Revan, he will be required by 5 5* sith to unlock, 5 6* Sith to get 6*, and 5 7* sith to max. I say this because with Nihilus and these new 2 characters in which at least 1 is most likely sith, there will be enough sith now to do a special event like this

Ah, indeed. I like this. Hope so.
  • Revan was both Jedi and Sith... not sure he'd be just need Sith? Nihilus would make sense for that. Just my opinion
    Oh, just re-read it.

This is my thinking as well. These will prep us with enough sith for a Revan Yoda-style unlock event. Of course it won't help if we aren't feasibly able to 7* them.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Sith use a lot of debuffs so "tenacity up" and "cleanse" would be "good against sith".
    I could be wrong only person who'd be "more special" imo would be Revan

Yeah. I would've thought Nihilius would've fit the "very special" moniker myself. Revan for sure. But doesn't seem like DN is getting the Yoda treatment.

Guaranteed he is not per the new event list. It will be exactly like Krennic and Deathtrooper's unlock.
  • benacrow wrote: »
    Tjbear02 wrote: »
    Oh, just re-read it.

This is my thinking as well. These will prep us with enough sith for a Revan Yoda-style unlock event. Of course it won't help if we aren't feasibly able to 7* them.

That's why the whales will be able to get him first, kinda like the first Palpatine event. Then the new toons will move to shipments for the rest of us. So when he comes around the second time we can try for him.

Just my guess.