is Rey dead ?? Arena team.

SidiousIsPikachu
771 posts Member
edited February 2017
Arena team: QGJ (L), Aayla, Rey, RG, Maul.
im trying to improve my arena team and for some reason, changing Rey is the option that popped into my head first.
she's with me for long time, she's a freaking amazing attacker, remove toons fast and swift, and in general, on offense she's just great.
but the lack of Reys in my server (seriously, no one...) , additional to her lack of tankiness and lack of synergy with my team makes me wonder maybe shes too weak on defense and it hurts me in ranking.
i stopped playing for few months and after being 1st daily (easy prize hour, needed to snipe with 1 guy only) now im 150+- and cant get higher than that. i know i have lot to grind and long way and need to improve my toons a LOT, but even tho my poor 81 lvl team doing well around 85 teams with higher/equal gear, im sure that i can get into the top100 for now - with no refreshes - just 5 fights a day and drop of MINIMUM places. so i wonder perhaps Rey denying me from getting into the top100 daily because on defense she's pretty squishy.

i have Yoda that i use sometimes vs EP teams.
i have Kylo Ren which is now relevant.
i have vader which will be 7* in 2 days (after event)
and i have all of those : https://swgoh.gg/u/sidiousispikachu/collection/
maybe i mistaken about her and other one need to get out ? or maybe i just need to be more patient?
My maul won already 5v1 few times, so he's in for sure. XD
QGJ and Aayla have nice assists, and Aayla and RG stuns are very important for me vs some teams.

So.. Rey out ? Patience ? somebody else out ?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Resistance squad, finn zeta, fast poe. Rey becomes the cannon she was.
  • Rey is trash now. No one in my top 30 shard runs her.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • You've seen my squad? My Poe,Rey,RT, RP might be 7 but not full gear, they require a lot.. are they worth it?
    The idea of 2 tanks and 3 attackers always was good for me, but resistance team is good enough for arena now?
    And my Finn is now 6*, need 100 to upgrade to 7.
    Anyway, resources are limited for me since I need to equalize with the others.. so investing in it must worth it -.-
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    Resistance team kicks butt. Like most teams horrible on defense. Have 1 on my leaderboard and he has no problem grabbing 1st.
  • TronTheKhan
    650 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    A lot of teams have no problem grabbing first. Diversity in characters is finally starting to show. We're finally to a point in the game where any team can beat any team. The only thing that stops that from happening is mods. And to pinpoint it even further is given directly to secondary speed.
    Humans Are Such Easy Prey
  • Rey is good especially under a Zinn squad. Besides, Resistance will become the meta 2 months before the release of TLJ.
  • I run a resistence squad. No defense, great offense.
  • Hmm thanks all. Will take some time to get my resistance to highlvl.
    If any1 have suggestion that includes maul/QGJ aayla/Vader/Kylo also will be great to hear.
  • For a resistance team you need zetas, which will take a while for you to farm (Have to be level 85, and get like 8 5* ships), so they won't be viable until later on
  • Resistance team is fun to use, no defense in Arena, can finish GW with pretty full protection on all toons, good for Phase 2 Tank raid.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    If rey is the only one you're replacing, i then i would sub in JKA for more jedi synergy
  • Arena team: QGJ (L), Aayla, Rey, RG, Maul.
    im trying to improve my arena team and for some reason, changing Rey is the option that popped into my head first.
    she's with me for long time, she's a freaking amazing attacker, remove toons fast and swift, and in general, on offense she's just great.
    but the lack of Reys in my server (seriously, no one...) , additional to her lack of tankiness and lack of synergy with my team makes me wonder maybe shes too weak on defense and it hurts me in ranking.
    i stopped playing for few months and after being 1st daily (easy prize hour, needed to snipe with 1 guy only) now im 150+- and cant get higher than that. i know i have lot to grind and long way and need to improve my toons a LOT, but even tho my poor 81 lvl team doing well around 85 teams with higher/equal gear, im sure that i can get into the top100 for now - with no refreshes - just 5 fights a day and drop of MINIMUM places. so i wonder perhaps Rey denying me from getting into the top100 daily because on defense she's pretty squishy.

maybe i mistaken about her and other one need to get out ? or maybe i just need to be more patient?
    QGJ and Aayla have nice assists, and Aayla and RG stuns are very important for me vs some teams.

Rey hasn't been arena viable for almost 6 months now. RG hasn't been arena viable for months either. QGJ you need to Zeta.
  • Don't have qui gon as you lead because he only boosts Aayla, if your lvl 81 farm TIE becuase he's amazing and rebels to get your palp. Or you could get anikin and keep you qui gon lead (non zeta Jedi don't usually hold top arena positions though).
  • Arena team: QGJ (L), Aayla, Rey, RG, Maul.

Rey hasn't been arena viable for almost 6 months now. RG hasn't been arena viable for months either. QGJ you need to Zeta.

RG is still viable, not meta but viable. Ive been sitting in the 20-30 area on my shard with EP, Vader, sun fac, RG, tfp for quite a while only doing my 3 attacks a day on a December 2015 shard.

For the answer on Rey. She is trash to be a random addition to a team. It's gotta be on a resistance synergy team if you want to maintain her. Your qgj lead doesnt contribute much for your team besides aayla so id look into finding a better leader moving forward or revamp the whole team

To tell you to zeta qgj doesn't help you any since you are looking for a fix now and not something you can't achieve anytime soon considering you aren't even 85 yet let alone collect the material to do that which in itself is a hurdle

I'll look at your inventory after a while to see if I can help with more specifics
  • You gotta work on your rebel team to get EP next month or following event. One: rebels are so good for raid/arena/anything really and use them for arena. Two: EP is good for AAT raid and would be an excellent addition to an empire team if you wanted to go that route since you love maul and have Vader, zeta on either of those with EP on the team is nice, but again that's a long road achievement.

You have ahsoka who has nice synergy with jka. You could maintain your qgj/aayla and sub in yoda, ahsoka, jka once you get jka starred and geared up for a Jedi team and then later decide if you want to keep that and zeta qgj when you get there.
    You have the resistance characters and geared up a decent amount but tbh I haven't seen a resistance team not zeta'd so I have no insight on how good they are like that.
    Test out your resistance/Jedi teams and see which works best. Or I could be completely off lol but that's my 2 cents
  • I'm building a Resistance squad right now, fun stuff... RT is taking some time to get 7star, but still some time before Finn gets his Zeta. I hate the mk10 holo lenses Rey needs.
  • Saddest part is I have the full resistance arena team with a zeta on Finn and if I have to sub someone out always ends up being Rey.... Now if she had a chance to expose enemies on her basic that would be different.
  • Anoyone have zFinn and zRey, and if so how does it work? I'm curious if she is worth the Zeta
  • Thanks for replies. @BoDiddely I can't get rebels now, it's wayy too late.
    About jedis.. well. I don't have JKA strong enough, can Yoda fit? I put him against Palp since his tenacity saves my ****.. but I don't have any other good jedis.. maybe ahsoka but if it's for the QGJ lead.. than Rey is actually faster than her (190 I think) and deals more dmg. I guess JKA can bring something to the table, but will take some time also.
    From what I understand, the only sulotion is to be patient and farm, and zeta and stuff.
    Since Vader will be 7 tommorow, with the dominance that maul is showing and the upcoming nihilist, maybe it another idea - but also take time... So for now I'll stuck in the 100-200 prize place... :(