Character Release Cadence - Thanks but...

Thanks to @CG_TopHat for the information. Any attempt to give us a little insight on the thought process in EA/CG going forward with the release of characters is much appreciated.

But there's a couple buts that really need to be addressed.

1) There is no mention at all about the original shard farming locations in the game. Galactic War, Arena, and Cantina Shipments are all ignored. Please factor them into your plans.

2) Adding shards to a single 20 energy hard node barely counts as making them accessible. If someone attempts to farm Shoretrooper through his single hard node it will take them nearly as long as it took players to farm General Grievous. Without refreshes you average slightly less than 1 shard a day (30% drop rate) which means it will take 330 days to farm the humid battling trooper who fights on shores and not sand.

3) Please address characters that have been in the game for a very long time that still are subject to ridiculously long grinds. Some examples: Clone Sarge, First Order Stormtrooper, First Order Tie Pilot, Snowtrooper, URoRRuR'R'R, Hoth Rebel Soldier. These are not meta characters or particularly useful characters without a lot of others around them. Yet people that have played this game from launch still don't have them because they are so difficult to get.

4) Bronziums. Please add characters to them. So many FTP remember the first character unlock they received through Bronziums whether it was Ewok Scout or Bariss. Add to this.

Please also realize that a lot of the game modes you've added have been gated by star level. Keeping a large amount of your userbase from starring up characters that you allow them to get through tournaments or events is going to harm you in the long run. I have been fortunate as a FTP to get all the R1 characters except Baze. But I can't use these characters in raids at all because they're completey gated off.

Again thanks for the insight into your plans. But please consider addressing the concerns above.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I will try to stay on point.

1) he specifically say a shipment or node. This means any of those shipments you say are ignored are possible.

2)farmable is farmable. Sorry but don't get greedy. "Give an inch, they want a mile"

3)see #2. The grind is real. The grind is life.

4)I don't know what but something needs to happen here, I will agree with you on that. Adding more toons is nice in theory, but drop rates are so low does it really matter.

That gate is there for a reason. In the new setup it is present and it needs to be. Without some exclusivity there is no reason to pay. Being able to have full usage of a toon right away is the reason people pay.

Good luck.
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I really like the idea that old school characters should be in Bronziums with decent drop rates.

I think they might actually get farmed/used more if they were readily available by "accident" with free daily pulls.

This would also give more space in LS/DS/Cantina battles for more current characters.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I will try to stay on point.

1) he specifically say a shipment or node. This means any of those shipments you say are ignored are possible.

He 'generically' says shipment. Guild shipments and Ship Arena Shipments are overpopulated with newer toons. Arena, GW, and Cantina shipments are incredibly under populated. Addressing the plans for these shipments is really important and has been ignored for going on 9 months now.
    Kyno wrote: »
    2)farmable is farmable. Sorry but don't get greedy. "Give an inch, they want a mile"

This is clearly not the case. Grievous is 'farmable' but no one has ever considered him a farmable toon. Rex has always been farmable but Rex, until added recently to guild/ship shipments, was not in reach for anyone. 2 hard nodes was the bare minimum (think JKA or Rey before they expanded into Cantina/Guild Shipments respectively).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    You're not meant to have them all. I'm sure toons will end up there, but something tells me we will be a little disappointed with those shipments for a little while.

We may not consider it farmable but I'm sure EA/CG and the select few who have him will disagree. He is obtainable without spending money, just more time then other farms, but still farmable.

It's not meant to be easy, the grind is real.