Need Advice about Admiral Ackbar!

So i recently started farming for Admiral. My team is currently
Luminara 7*
Eeth Koth 7*
Luke 5*
Poe 5*
Rey 5*
Im thinking about replacing one of them for Admiral... since he can heal and cleanse my Rey, which will keep her offense up. Dunno who.. Thinking about taking out Eeth Koth. If my team is good as is... what about defense-wise? Should i throw Admiral in on my last Arena battle so he's on my defense team? Should i even use my resources on Admiral? He is pretty cool :P

Replies

• Options
    It's not clear on the comments here: http://www.swgohcantina.com/admiral-ackbar/#comment-1241

I used Ackbar a few times in GW and once, he did not heal his own healing immunity debuff. Does the heal apply to all the debuffs, or just allies but not himself, or is this a bug, or...?

Anyone that has him can clarify what "It's a Trap" does exactly?

Otherwise, fantastic character to beat sid/vader/phasma GW teams.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    For some reason no toons seem like they can take away healing immunity.
  • Khai
    81 posts Member
    Options
    They should fix that. That's one reason why Sidious is strong
  • Options
    The its a trap move aplies to his allies not himself, it dispels all negative effects

For each effect dispelled the allies gain 5 prrcent of their max health
  • Options
    only char who removes healing inmunity it's ewok elder atm
  • Options
    Incorrect; Ackbar removes every heal immunity bar his own. I have him in my A team and do this quite regularly, which makes him useful against teams with healing immunity
  • Options
    Actually my mistake; it may have been patched or my memory might be terrible haha, but either way he doesn't get rid of any healing immunity, I just tried it
  • Options
    I run a Rebel team with him as leader, I have used it allot, the thing that I have seen is that if there are only healing immunity buffs he does not debuff them, if the team has suffered an aoe of sidious and vader alongside some healing immunity, he mostly cleares all even the healing immunity. This is still a bug I guess, sometimes he does debuffs sometimes he doesnt.
  • Options
    Lobot dispels everything (including healing immunity debuffs) and heals afterwards. MVP against high lvl Vader-Sid-Phasma -teams in GW.

Use him everyday.
  • Options
    So it's still unclear :) thanks for all the answers... Can a mod clarify this ability, especially with regards to the healing debuff? @EA_Jesse
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    It works sometimes. It's affected by his potency and potency of the character that applied the debuff. For example: if you're running a 5* blue gear Ackbar vs a 7* purple Sid you're not going clear it often.
  • Horse_Cosby
    40 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Edit - double post
  • Options
    It works sometimes. It's affected by his potency and potency of the character that applied the debuff. For example: if you're running a 5* blue gear Ackbar vs a 7* purple Sid you're not going clear it often.

That's interesting; do you know if that's how it works for every debuff? Cause I can't ever clear offense downs with my 5* purple Ackbar
  • Options
    I suspect it will get fixed in the next character patch. Time will tell :)
  • Options
    Just made a post about this with Lobot in the report bug & issues section.
  • Options
    Has nothing to do with resist. It just doesn't affect healing immunity unless there's also another debuff on the character.
  • Options
    Actually Eaywen my well be correct - I had never considered that but as it does debuff it *sometimes* I made an assumption... Now I gotta do more testing xD
  • Options
    Hm interesting, the times it didnt work, Ackbar had ONLY the healing immunity debuff on him. That's.. a bug? :dizzy: what are those? :persevere:
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • fberbert
    593 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nice call. Ackbar as leader will boost Luke's speed (rebel), debuff Rey and provide a free turn for one of your heroes (hopefully Rey or Luke). He is squishy, but you have Poe for protection and Lumi for heal. And of course, Ackbar provides some piece of heal for removed debuff.

Leia (rebel) with speed boost would fit as a glove in your squad. And she will raise Luke's crit. damage chance tho. In this case, Luminara out -> Leia in.

Leia at tier 8 has 152 of speed. With +23 speed from Ackbar leadership:

Just wondering Leia with 175 speed, wow!!! The truth is, in this case Leia will act first of ANY character, once she will need only 6 turn meter cycles to reach 1000. Dooku, Sid and Poe (143+ speed) reach 1000 after 7 cycles. It can be the DEFINITIVE COUNTER TO POE.

Ackbar (leader)
    Poe
    Leia
    Luke or Lumi
    Rey

I have a 5* Ackbar non-leveled. Finishing Leia this sunday. I think I'll try Ackbar next. Let me know if this idea will work.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    Sadly, I heard speed leader abilities don't count in the first turn in arena, my sources could be wrong as alot of people run QGJ-lead in arena
  • Options
    Sadly, I heard speed leader abilities don't count in the first turn in arena, my sources could be wrong as alot of people run QGJ-lead in arena

If so, it is a bug. Once EA/CG are giving special attention to QGJ, I think they would fix it soon.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Drop_Bear_TNR_5
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ackbars skill increases himself and Biggs first round, they both act first before Lumi in light side battles (all 7*) can test in arena tomorrow
  • Options
    It's a trap does not work vs. Sid's heal immunity.
  • Viperish
    176 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ackbars leader skills does not work first round in arena. Other speed leader skills are the same such as QGJ. None of them work first round.

It will sometimes remove heal immunity and sometimes not so it's somewhat random. It also does not remove offense down, though I haven't tested that myself.

As for OP, he is decent but the AI doesn't play him well. For example, if health is low he will attempt to remove debuffs (even if there aren't any) in order to heal which completely wastes his turn. With all the Sid/ Phasma/ Vaders out there, it's almost a guarantee u will get a debuff or two.. Or ten. He can also give Rey an extra turn, or Luke which can turn the fight so there is that also as a benefit on your team.

Edit: His leader skill works first round in all other modes so he has his uses in many ways.
  • Options
    I just used him as leader in arena and he did speed up Biggs and himself first round. They both acted before Lumi who normally goes first with her higher speed.

The order went:
    Both sids
    Opposition poe
    Opposition dooku
    Then my two Rebels

I used Ackbars debuff after poes taunt which removed the expose from my other characters before they got hit.
  • TheProphet_17
    17 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Akbar got me 8300 health today in a arena battle completely changed the outcome of the battle!! Get him for sure
  • Options
    Devour wrote: »

Yes, and no. Often if there are other debuffs on the target it will often remove heal immunity. But not always. Makes the bug a lot harder to fix.
  • Options
    Eaywen wrote: »
    Devour wrote: »

Yes, and no. Often if there are other debuffs on the target it will often remove heal immunity. But not always. Makes the bug a lot harder to fix.

Kylo's heal immunity is removed every time. Sid's heal immunity is NEVER removed. Works the same way with Ewok Elder's special. When Jawa uses his physical attack on a Kylo heal immunity he gets the damage bonus, when he uses the same attack on a Sid's heal immunity he does not get the damage bonus. Pretty straight forward bug fix to me, Sid's heal immunity is not flagged as detrimental/negative/debuff or whatever it's called in this game, but Kylo's is.

• Options
    Akbar got me 8300 health today in a arena battle completely changed the outcome of the battle!! Get him for sure

Fight against a team with Vader, Phasma and Sid and after they spread their debuff he heals for 20k.

• Options
    Thx for the replies guys! I'll replace Eeth with Admiral :)