Does anyone actually enjoy ship battles?

Prev13456
I'm generally curious to see if anyone like them and why?

I auto the one I need; no way in hell could I "fight" all five

Replies

• I dont
  • I like them for about 2 battles whenever I get a new ship to try out.

But yea overall I just do maybe 2 battles a day. 1 for achievement and 1 in case I fall below the tier I'm in
  • Far too little variety, too grindy, and unbalanced for me to do anything other than auto nearly all my battles.
  • Hell no. Auto dat **** and be done with it.

To be fair, I never cared much for the whole space fight aspect of SW, though.
  • Raventrob wrote: »
    I like them for about 2 battles whenever I get a new ship to try out.

But yea overall I just do maybe 2 battles a day. 1 for achievement and 1 in case I fall below the tier I'm in

Totally this. Too long, too time consuming.

• Nope. Too long, to many slow animations. I autoplay my daily (still manage to win and stay around rank 30) and that's about it. I might play if I rank up a pilot or improve the ship in some way, but that's about it.
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    I do
  • Take_a_Bite
    352 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Bugs and more Bugs means I do the minimum to keep my rank
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I do! Although it is tough to tell how strong a ship is going to be until you fight it, sometimes I can just leave it on auto while other times my team gets wiped. I just wish there were more ships added
  • They're fun every once in a while. I do my daily, and try to do enough activity to stay on track for zetas. I guess they're nice content for people who have extra time to kill.
  • No
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    I enjoy them. I agree with @Allenb60, I wish there were more ships (although I am still working on the ships I do have). Fleet and Ship power are really confusing. I've hit fleets a good 3000-5000 below mine with the same Admiral that completely ate me up and I've done the same to fleets that high above me.
    I guess it comes down to my laziness to not tapping on each individual ship I may be fighting to see what level abilities are and such.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Sometimes. If you're fighting a biggs who keeps healing, or a fotp who does inordinate damage and tm gain, or a sf that just don't die, it's pretty unfun and exhausting. It's definitely not fun a majority of the time
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Ship battles are fun. You can win against teams with 25k more power than yours if your strategy is good. The annoying thing at the moment is the very limited number of ships, which means so many teams are basically the same, but that will change in time.
  • I really like ships. Yes it's buggy and that needs to be addressed. But it general I have a lot of fun. I wish there was more PvE ship content though.
  • At the beginning I liked it, but now I think ships are worst part of game - GW style AI (dodge/resist... dodge) with AAT style animation (slow...slow)
  • I enjoy ship battles. I like trying out different teams and finding all of the hidden synergies. Also fun trying to beat the whale who must have spent a cool grand on ships
  • I don't auto it because the AI for ships is trash, but I do my 1 ship pvp fight for tasks and Im done with it. I can't say I dislike it but it's my least favorite part of the game for sure.
    This is a signature.
  • Nope. So disappointing. You a ship 'arena' and that's it. I do minimum
  • I like ship battles. Vader target lock, fives aoe brings me great pleasure.
  • Liked it at the beginning. Then the impossibility of the last tier of capital challenges and ridiculous amount of bugs that have gone unattended has made it boring and tedious. Ridiculously annoying when you are about to end a battle with Poe's "UNAVOIDABLE" special and then have it dodged before Tarkins Ultimate ability wipes out your remaining ships and you lose.
  • ARCTrooperFives
    737 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't even auto it most days. Go in, then hit retreat. I'll stay top 200 but I won't try for more
  • It was cool in the beginning, but I got tired of it pretty quick. I find it slow, dull, and repetitive. Unfortunate, because I really want to enjoy it but just can't. For now, anyways.
  • pargame wrote: »
    At the beginning I liked it, but now I think ships are worst part of game - GW style AI (dodge/resist... dodge) with AAT style animation (slow...slow)

• I do. Maybe because I play them light, but as soon as I start competing in top 20 (22 is my best) I'll start to get frustrated
  • no
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    usuallly just 1 or 2 battles a day wich allows me to stay top100. I can't spot the bugs because i don't even know all the abilities.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I like that i now have enough ships to employ some strategy, but there are a lot of bugs, and i have a hard time collecting the ship credits to upgrade my ships
  • No, very very slow and little variety. Ships is completely dead on my shard. About 4 weeks ago i stopped doing arena completely i enter and retreat 1 battle for daily. I was rank 60 odd when i did this and now im 80 something. If i miss 1 day in normal arena let alone 4 weeks i would drop 50 places. Shame could be good but it really isnt. Needed to have more differences to normal battles not just very similar but slower and longer. Not enough difference in reward payouts either to maintain interest do i care if i finish 50 or 200? Not really. whereas normal arena i bust a nut everyday to stay minimum top 10 and hopefully top 5
  • I'm 50/50 with ships... Sometimes I can handle it, other times it takes all I can just to want to do the daily.

I think once new ships start rolling in, it will be better that way it's not the same old team you're up against. A new Capital (or 2, or more) would be great as well. Can't stand Mace's ship and refuse to fight against it, so my battle options are very limited.

The only reason I'm playing them is for shards, gear (sometimes) and zeta's.