Old Ben Rework

Prev1
He used to be one of the go to leaders under the dodge meta but now is just sub-par considering how awesome he was. Simple rework to give him a suedo Taunt. Give his Unique a Zeta that revives all allies on Old Ben's defeat with all of his buffs. That way you have to target him before the other toons or use toons like Boba and DT to block revives.

Replies

• He used to be one of the go to leaders under the dodge meta but now is just sub-par considering how awesome he was. Simple rework to give him a suedo Taunt. Give his Unique a Zeta that revives all allies on Old Ben's defeat with all of his buffs. That way you have to target him before the other toons or use toons like Boba and DT to block revives.

Him and hermit Yoda should just get synergy. Like hermit Yoda has a special that procs his strike me down whenever he heals an ally to full health.
  • No just give him a taunt as a Zeta.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    He used to be one of the go to leaders under the dodge meta but now is just sub-par considering how awesome he was. Simple rework to give him a suedo Taunt. Give his Unique a Zeta that revives all allies on Old Ben's defeat with all of his buffs. That way you have to target him before the other toons or use toons like Boba and DT to block revives.

Him and hermit Yoda should just get synergy. Like hermit Yoda has a special that procs his strike me down whenever he heals an ally to full health.

If you aren't going to be serious please leave my threads.
  • No just give him a taunt as a Zeta.

By GK already has a taunt.
  • Oh no dude, you did not just try to resurrect the dodge meta Megathread did you?! Haha, that was like 80+ pages of how dodge leads were broken and overpowered. Most of the community was glad when it was brought back "into balance" with other team comps. You can still run mean dodge teams, but if you are, I would recommend Dooku over Old Ben, because Dark Side seems to be getting the blessings this month so far (think Kylo).
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Oh no dude, you did not just try to resurrect the dodge meta Megathread did you?! Haha, that was like 80+ pages of how dodge leads were broken and overpowered. Most of the community was glad when it was brought back "into balance" with other team comps. You can still run mean dodge teams, but if you are, I would recommend Dooku over Old Ben, because Dark Side seems to be getting the blessings this month so far (think Kylo).

He really didn't mention anything about boosting old Ben's leader ability. Just his unique. With a unique like that he could fit into many teams.
  • Agree, OB should have a type of menace that would force the opponent to target him fast, like an auto tenacity up to any ally who does not have it and increasing number of buff for the turn he survives.
  • We don't need more dodgers.
  • Reducing the cool down of his special ability would be good. 5 turn, with only 2 turns effects...
  • Mind Tricks, is pretty boss, I think it's more of a speed issue for him. In the movie, doesn't he say something like, "I'm too old for that sort of thing." Which makes me think, he shouldn't be TOO Much faster, but yeah, his ability block potential is nothing compared to Boba, when looking at their speeds.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
    I didn't like the Dodge meta anymore than the next guy but yeah, this would buff his Unique in a wag that would benefit a lot of team comps and promote more Boba and DT use in arena.
  • Mind Tricks, is pretty boss, I think it's more of a speed issue for him. In the movie, doesn't he say something like, "I'm too old for that sort of thing." Which makes me think, he shouldn't be TOO Much faster, but yeah, his ability block potential is nothing compared to Boba, when looking at their speeds.

Wish he could ability block empire characters for two turns and everyone else for 1 turn in addition to the offense down.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Oh no dude, you did not just try to resurrect the dodge meta Megathread did you?! Haha, that was like 80+ pages of how dodge leads were broken and overpowered. Most of the community was glad when it was brought back "into balance" with other team comps. You can still run mean dodge teams, but if you are, I would recommend Dooku over Old Ben, because Dark Side seems to be getting the blessings this month so far (think Kylo).

Really? If you want to talk DS and dodge meta you are talking Zaul.
  • All he really needs is a taunt. Outside of GK, jedi don't have a taunt. Empire and Rebel both have multiple taunts.

His unique is useless when it's never triggered. Your pseudo taunt is a pretty great idea, which would give him both arena and raid viability instantly. A zeta to drop cool down of his ability block and add a 2 turn taunt to it would also work.

His damage is terrible, jedi have other leads that are better for most situations (IGD or ZQJ for example). He should definitely have a taunt, especially with all this power creep going on.
  • I thought it was Old Ben Kenobi...
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • This would be a great addition
  • Grokus wrote: »
    All he really needs is a taunt. Outside of GK, jedi don't have a taunt. Empire and Rebel both have multiple taunts.

His unique is useless when it's never triggered. Your pseudo taunt is a pretty great idea, which would give him both arena and raid viability instantly. A zeta to drop cool down of his ability block and add a 2 turn taunt to it would also work.

His damage is terrible, jedi have other leads that are better for most situations (IGD or ZQJ for example). He should definitely have a taunt, especially with all this power creep going on.

Back before Wiggs I would have agreed with you that a taunt would make home great and full the void that Jedi need, but after the number of buffs to Jedi and some nerfs, they haven't really needed a taunt to be good. While a taunt would be good for Jedi I don't think they need one anymore to be viable.

Dodge meta > OHK meta
  • Back before Wiggs I would have agreed with you that a taunt would make home great and full the void that Jedi need, but after the number of buffs to Jedi and some nerfs, they haven't really needed a taunt to be good. While a taunt would be good for Jedi I don't think they need one anymore to be viable.

That's a really good observation.
    Kyno wrote: »

Really? If you want to talk DS and dodge meta you are talking Zaul.

Sssssh, I'm not gonna give them MY secrets. ;)
  • My thought was to give him a taunt......but similar to Ep. IV. That is, he taunts, but when he does, he becomes exposed (think raising his lightsaber so Vader can strike him down), thereby actually getting killed in the process after a few blows depending on how one wants to gear/mod him. That way, he gains a taunt but dies in the process, thereby activating his killer unique that NEVER gets used anyway.

Dodge meta > OHK meta

100%.

His unique is pointless now too give that buffs either get dispelled by B2 or Baze or become fodder for Boba's stupidly OP can't be evaded execute.
  • [/quote]

His unique is pointless now too give that buffs either get dispelled by B2 or Baze or become fodder for Boba's **** OP can't be evaded execute. [/quote]

True, but if running him with other Jedi, there is alot of foresight getting slung around these days. Or maybe make his unique Un-Dispellable while theyre at it. IDK, he is one of my favorite characters...period. So Id like to use mine, but he is so vanilla compared with newer toons.

• NahWillis wrote: »
    Oh no dude, you did not just try to resurrect the dodge meta Megathread did you?! Haha, that was like 80+ pages of how dodge leads were broken and overpowered. Most of the community was glad when it was brought back "into balance" with other team comps. You can still run mean dodge teams, but if you are, I would recommend Dooku over Old Ben, because Dark Side seems to be getting the blessings this month so far (think Kylo).

Dodge meta > OHK meta

100%.

His unique is pointless now too give that buffs either get dispelled by B2 or Baze or become fodder for Boba's **** OP can't be evaded execute.

Yeah the OG meta of OHK was garbage and now would be even worse given Speed mods. However I don't think it would matter if Baze or B2 could dispel them because at least they would get the buffs. The other part of my rework is a revive of allies if he is beat last like he is now. Plus this would give your defence some advantage on AI because the AOE dispel usually would be on cooldown when he procs his buffs. It wouldn't be ideal but it would make him somewhat viable in the current arena meta.
  • Give him a taunt, buff his support abilities (maybe give him a new one) and decrease his health. Sacrificing him to buff everyone else is kind of a cool strategy. But right now he is useless in that role because he always dies last. There needs to be someway to make him die first, ether via a taunt or some sort of mechanism that is triggered if he's not attacked.
  • Give him a taunt, buff his support abilities (maybe give him a new one) and decrease his health. Sacrificing him to buff everyone else is kind of a cool strategy. But right now he is useless in that role because he always dies last. There needs to be someway to make him die first, ether via a taunt or some sort of mechanism that is triggered if he's not attacked.

Back during the Dodge meta I remember somebody on my shard who used 7* gear 1 Old Ben at lead which always triggered his buffs since people were just starting Wiggs and B2 was a lot rarer. It was a nightmare.
  • Would prefer his zeta being: whenever an ally is damaged, 50% of the intended damage is transferred to Obi-Wan Kenobi. Would be a new form of tanking other than taunt, and would make him viable again.
  • Ledinis wrote: »
    Would prefer his zeta being: whenever an ally is damaged, 50% of the intended damage is transferred to Obi-Wan Kenobi. Would be a new form of tanking other than taunt, and would make him viable again.

Only 50% for a Zeta seems a little low but I love this idea. Means he doesn't need a taunt and punishes the opponent for using AOE which would make Wiggs less useful as well as the AOE buff removers.
  • Ledinis wrote: »
    Would prefer his zeta being: whenever an ally is damaged, 50% of the intended damage is transferred to Obi-Wan Kenobi. Would be a new form of tanking other than taunt, and would make him viable again.

I like it
  • Olddumper wrote: »

Him and hermit Yoda should just get synergy.
    Someone said synergy in a rework thread! Everybody take a drink!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Id like to see his most iconic move ever... meditate and get struck down for Jedi Ghost conversion. So maybe a special that removes all but 1 HP point. His after-life buffs are killer! Plus he helped the rebels escape the death star with that move.