Akbar capital ship challenge - tier V

13Next

Replies

• Durmir wrote: »
    A fight that is purely and solely based on RNG is preposterous. This should not exist in the first place. I understand it should be challenging, but this is not challenging, except maybe towards our patience, because it is only and pure luck.

Have failed around 100 times so far, I run (all lvl85):
    - ashoka 7*, pilot 7* g9
    - jc 6*, pilot 7* g8
    - biggs 7*, pilot 7*, g9
    - wedge 6*, pilot 7* g8
    - cassian 7*, all pilots 7* g8

Reinforcements:
    - phantom II 6*, all pilots 7* g8 except ezra g10
    - ghost 6*, all pilots 7* g8

I systematically get obliterated, I've never been anywhere close to a win.
    Devs simply never tested it and don't care about it.

So you’re mad cause you’re trying to beat it with under geared pilots? Smh how’d this get necro’d anyway.
  • Dark_Light wrote: »
    Durmir wrote: »
    A fight that is purely and solely based on RNG is preposterous. This should not exist in the first place. I understand it should be challenging, but this is not challenging, except maybe towards our patience, because it is only and pure luck.

Have failed around 100 times so far, I run (all lvl85):
    - ashoka 7*, pilot 7* g9
    - jc 6*, pilot 7* g8
    - biggs 7*, pilot 7*, g9
    - wedge 6*, pilot 7* g8
    - cassian 7*, all pilots 7* g8

Reinforcements:
    - phantom II 6*, all pilots 7* g8 except ezra g10
    - ghost 6*, all pilots 7* g8

I systematically get obliterated, I've never been anywhere close to a win.
    Devs simply never tested it and don't care about it.

So you’re mad cause you’re trying to beat it with under geared pilots? Smh how’d this get necro’d anyway.

Because still, all this time later, this battle is broken.
  • ahsoka g10 - 5* ship
    biggs g11 - 7* ship
    wegde g10 - 6* ship
    fives g10 - 7* ship
    jedi consular g10 - 6* ship

no reinforcement needed, lost biggs the last second though

• I have been stuck on this for monthsas well. All my pilots are now 7* level 85 G10+ with some Zetas, all ships I use are 7* and level 85. It has never got easier, my fleet power is over 300k. I almost had it 1 time a while back when my strongest ship was 6*. I have a feeling it scales with your power. I have Asokah, JC, Biggs, Ghost, Phantom, Bistan, resistance Pilot and Cassians uwing. I am now working on getting wedges ship up to try a different lineup. I dont know what else to do.
  • Got it with this:

Cassian U-wing - 7* L 85
    Biggs X-wing - 7* L 85
    JC Starfighter - 7* L 85
    Wedge X-wing - 7* L 85
    5s Starfighter - 7* L 85
    Resistance X-wing - 5* L85

No pilot higher than G9. My total fleet power is more than 300K, but this lineup is not my strongest and I still got it. Just keep restarting like others have said.
  • Well, this thread just saved me a ton of time. I was trying to figure out what I was doing wrong to keep failing this challenge. Turns out, the challenge is just ridiculous and poorly designed. I agree that it seems the developers don't bother to play their own game, but it's not really surprising.

Anyway, this saved me a ton of time since now I can simply stop trying it and move on. It's unfortunate that the game has such poorly designed content. But fortunately, it isn't required and I can just choose to stop trying it. Thanks!
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Join my fleet shard please! ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Seadansr
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    i still can't beat this event. All my fleets are 7* and i can't beat it after 200 attempts.

I use the following

Ahsoka 7*
    Biggs 7*
    Wedge 7*
    Cassian 7*
    Jc 7*
    Ghost 7*
    Phantom 7*
    Clone 6*
    Home one 5*

All level 85

Doesn't matter what i do, who i start, i always lose ships before i kill any of them. It's **** me off
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    I can't understand why everyone has trouble with the Home One challenge. I found It to be the easiest one of the bunch.
  • Deanolavorto91
    245 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I survive the first round and many rounds after that, but the AI always reinforces.

This. And I'm really not understanding this event. I have 5 level 82/84 6* (and 2 7*) ships - and can't even come close. I usually lose 1 in the opening volley - then retreat and try again. In the rare circumstances where I don't lose 1, I take out JC & Ahsoka, but the AI ALWAYS reinforces and I can't even take all the protection off of one of the ARCs - let alone 3 or 4.

I've probably tried about 50+ times in the past week. Tips are appreciated.

ETA: Nevermind. I give up. So I did this:

lx7mXr.gif

I win.

I have 8 ships that are all 7 star lvl 85 and I cant beat it. It is the most ridiculous kittenshow I have ever attempted with this kitten game. Tried over 50 times
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Tsukasa117
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    I can't understand why everyone has trouble with the Home One challenge. I found It to be the easiest one of the bunch.

You say that and yet you don't even try to contribute to the discussion, you sir are a troll.
    To the Devs yes this challenge is currently kitten I've yet to see anyone that has cleared this without the AI bugging out and not calling in reinforcements so unless you are designing an encounter that would otherwise be seen as a design 'FLAW' make the challenge at least manageable under the base limitations that are on the challenge '5 star' ships or higher level 82.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • I probably attempted about 200+ times. Finally got one where mace didn't reinforce... I got close a few other times though. Disappointed that seems to be the best way to get it without gearing everyone to ridiculous levels for this one event. Given a few more gear levels I'm confident I could have done it even if Mace had reinforced. I ran the following for those who care:

Ahsoka - G8, 7*, level 85 ship - 6*, level 80
    Biggs - G11, 7*, level 85 ship - 7*, level 85
    Wedge - G10 7*, level 85 ship - 6*, level 80
    Fives - G8, 7*, level 80 ship - 5*, level 80
    JC - G9, 7*, level 85 ship - 6*, level 80

Reserves
    Cassians U-Wing - 22K power
    Phantom II - 30K power
    Clone Sergeant - 16K power

I also tried my 5* Falcon for a little while but I found that using it in reserves was ineffective because you have to wait a turn before doing big damage and it wasn't a good fit in an opening slot.

Good luck to everyone! I hope you get good RNG or this challenge is updated along with the ship update coming eventually.