Jawa - worth it?

Vodo
332 posts Member
I have a Jawa which I still use in my LS-team. At lower levels I really liked my Jawa. Nice damage, lot of crits and his AOE is useful when you face a bunch of droids.
I thought it's a nice char overall and I thought I will keep using him, so I promoted him from 3 to 4 stars and leveld him up to 55.

But now I'm not so sure anymore. His damage is mediocre and he rarely crits. And he's soooo squishy. Usually all other toons still have almost full life but the Jawa is close to dying. So I have to waste heals just to keep him alive. Part of the problem may be that his gear is just lvl V yet. But my priority is my main team right now, so I hardly find time to farm gear for the Jawa.

So I need your opinion pls: Shall I keep working on my Jawa or shall I abandon him in favor of another DPS?

For further information here's my current roster:

emFXN7s.jpg

LS team: Chewie (leader), JC, Lumi, Jawa, Ahsoka
Main team: Phasma, Sid, IG-86, Daka, Lumi

Replies

• He doesn't fit in with anyone. Maybe the Ewok build but otherwise he's a sub in GW.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    He crits for 6.5k with his basic at 7*. I guess he could be useful vs droids, and help in LS if you lack other damage dealers. Overall not the best invrstment
  • rafagatto
    3 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I use him and I am able to reach top 100 lvl 63 with him.
    Using him in synergy with sidious, which gives all enemies negative effects, increase jawa basic attack by 35%. Also, droids teams are becoming more popular, and his stun on droids is amazing. He is easy to level up also.

My team is: sidious luminara old Ben darthmal jawa

He is current lvl 8 gear and 5 stars (almost 6).

However, if I could swap it to a genosoldier or fotp, of course I would do.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Thx everybody so far!

I have no plans to ever move him to my main sqad, so no synergy with Sid. I also can't replace him with FOTP or GS, 'cause they are both DS. I only use him for LS missions and in my GW-B-sqad. So if I replace him, it had to be a LS toon.

*edit* I guess I will start farming QGJ now in cantina and replace the Jawa with him later.
  • Fives, Poe, and Qui-Gon are all available in the Cantina Shipments.
    • Fives can replace Jawa as an attacker. He doesn't have an AoE but he slows, counters, and calls in assists which has a comparable result. Plus, he's farmable in 2-D Dark and 4-F Light. This is the quickest option.
    • Poe can replace Chewie and taunt for more turns keeping Jawa safe for longer. Personally, I think Poe is rather weak in LS Battles, especially early on, but it's an option that might work for some players.
    • Qui-Gon can fill the Jawa slot if you place him as leader which would give almost all of your team speed up which results in more attacks. This seems the best option as Ahsoka may need to be replaced eventually too, but Qui-Gon's leadership delays or prevents that.
    Aaaaaaand, I just read your edit. :|
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • I use him now at lower levels. But when you get higher you could try to experiment with other characters and see how it goes.
  • I still like my jawa. Char level 56, 5*, gear level VI, almost VII, power is 3159, granted his health is poorish, but I find that he hangs around long enough to get in solid hits. He regularly dishes out 3000+ damage, primary weapon is level 5. I still farm his shards, and I use him in my main team.
  • wait how does jawa fit with ewok team?
  • I use Jawa in arena. Droid teams are easy as nothing, other than that - consistently in top 5 at our server. But my Jawa still requires 1 gear item to reach level 9 gear - we will see whether he improves further.

I would have thought, that Rey is better than Jawa, but gearing and starring Rey takes months, while Jawa is readily available and crits for 7-8k consistently
  • If you get an AOE team, he'd be worth it. sid(lead), Poggle, Poe, IG-88 and Jawa would be a mean team to have
  • So, I have geared up Jawa to its maximum (5 items of gear IX). Crits of 9k+ on debuffed targets
  • I think about reactivating my Jawa. I checked the stats on swcantina and his life doesn't look that bad when he's maxed (11112). Does anybody have him at 5 or 6 stars with purple gear and can post his stats?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Vodo wrote: »
    I think about reactivating my Jawa. I checked the stats on swcantina and his life doesn't look that bad when he's maxed (11112). Does anybody have him at 5 or 6 stars with purple gear and can post his stats?

SWGOHDB allow you to check the chars st any combinstion of level, stars and gear
  • As these guys said.. no.. get something else.. even Teebo is better
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    @Triqui : Thx, I will check it!

@eBitzu : You really think he's that bad? I think about trying a AOE team with Sid, Ventress, Vader, Lumi (I know she has no AOE but there's no healer who has and Lumi has both, a great heal and nice damage) and a fifth char. Could be IG88, HK47, Lando or Kylo but since I already have the Jawa at 4* and lvl57 I thought about using him. The whole thing is nothing really serious, just something to play around with a bit, trying to keep myself motivated to keep on playing.
  • Vodo wrote: »
    I think about reactivating my Jawa. I checked the stats on swcantina and his life doesn't look that bad when he's maxed (11112). Does anybody have him at 5 or 6 stars with purple gear and can post his stats?

With five items of gear IX and 7* (possible maximum), Jawa has 6025 power. Speed is average, damage is actually suprisingly good on debuffed targets (above 9k crits without offence up, but under Sid leadership), and just decent if otherwise (but still much better than base damage of Sid or Poggle, which is useful in team where there are assist attacks, and you need good base damage dealers). AOE is extremely effective against droid teams.

As such, if you are choosing between Jawa and Rey, better use Rey. If you are choosing between Jawa and Leia, better use Leia. If you don't have neither a high-starred Rey nor Leia, it could be a relatively viable option which is easy to farm and not too difficult to gear up.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Vodo wrote: »
    @Triqui : Thx, I will check it!

@eBitzu : You really think he's that bad? I think about trying a AOE team with Sid, Ventress, Vader, Lumi (I know she has no AOE but there's no healer who has and Lumi has both, a great heal and nice damage) and a fifth char. Could be IG88, HK47, Lando or Kylo but since I already have the Jawa at 4* and lvl57 I thought about using him. The whole thing is nothing really serious, just something to play around with a bit, trying to keep myself motivated to keep on playing.

As AOE, Jawa does 4th best base damage (slightly better than Sid, not counting the DOT of Sid, and not counting any buff for IG88), so yes, he will be good in AOE. Slightly low in HP though, so you will need a tank. He is decently fast too, and has a useful ability with the droid stun.

There are a few Jawas in the datamined stuff. All of them are pretty good. Jawa Engineer alone will make Jawas a force to fear. He heals, ressurect droids, gain huge speed in Jawa/Droid team, and manipulate the TM. He might allow all your Jawas to move before the enemy does, then heal them in turn 2. He sounds awesme
  • Jawa is a char that you sould farm when all of your main chars are fully maxed.. choosing between Fives and Jawa I would go with Fives, there are a lot o chars to be rushed before Jawa.. like Datcha.. he's better
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here