Anyone able to beat bonus tier with ewoks plus rey?

I get to round 8 with all my abilities ready to go and full hp and/or protection on all my toons a few times now. I have mods that are quite good. Keeps me from falling past 15th in a year old shard. I can kill maybe one or two before my team falls.

So I'm wondering is it possible with these guys to do bonus tier? Or has the bonus tier only been tested with zeta res team before it was released?

Replies

• You can Do it.
    Chirpa Lead (my Ewoks are G10 like Rey)
    Support droid first target. Than kill Ventres asap
    I did it with my 3rd attemp
  • Alteisen76 wrote: »
    You can Do it.
    Chirpa Lead (my Ewoks are G10 like Rey)
    Support droid first target. Than kill Ventres asap
    I did it with my 3rd attemp

So you did it with chirpa ee Scout teebo and rey?
  • I posted in the main thread about this - I don't see how it is possible. I am in the same position as the OP - pretty much close to maxed ewoks and rey with my best possible mods. I can get through rounds 1-7 easily enough but the final round is just a massacre.

Dooku either has (effective) speed of about 500 or gets massive tm gain from somewhere. Is it just rng (I've tried about 30 times) or is there some clever tactic I'm missing?
  • @Alteisen76 - the best i can get to is Dooku and 1-2 magnaguards left. But then dooku just has constant attacks (literally 7-8 in a row) and kills my entire team. how did you avoid this?

I try taking down dooku first and the same thing happens - get him into yellow/red and then he spams attacks until my team is all dead.
  • @Bomroll aye
    @Sarryen my Ewoks have about 190 Speed, Rey (256) only Chirpa has 170
    I don't attack Dooku before all other enemies are down
  • Similar speeds to me. (180 speeds on ewoks and 250 speed on rey).

I have given up - there seems to be no chance even for a (close to) maxed out ewok team. Unless you get amazing rng which hasn't happened for me in about 30 attempts. :(
  • Sarryen wrote: »
    I posted in the main thread about this - I don't see how it is possible. I am in the same position as the OP - pretty much close to maxed ewoks and rey with my best possible mods. I can get through rounds 1-7 easily enough but the final round is just a massacre.

Dooku either has (effective) speed of about 500 or gets massive tm gain from somewhere. Is it just rng (I've tried about 30 times) or is there some clever tactic I'm missing?

Ya no idea what is up with the TM on dooku. I am freaking out right now. I managed to actually kill everyone and then vs dooku with half hp I had everyone standing besides scout. Well I was feeling pretty good when I used teebo stealth and all my ewoks got TM. Then felt awesome when teebo removed his TM.

That was the match. I removed TM from dooku, all ewoks minus scout full TM, rey near full TM, and then BOOM somehow he gains full TM and kills everyone.
  • I have never seen a toon gain 100% TM back after a teebo TM removal before. Is the next mechanic something like if I kill him with rey he automatically revives and kills my whole team too?

If this is a bug it's gamebreaking. If it's not it's a terrible design choice.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Me
    R6GTp7c.png

The rewards for bonus tier :

Ox6Rmae.png

Final hit at bonus tier with ewok and rey:

Bq4sEdH.png

I must say i have pretty good ewoks :) elder and teebo gear 11 and scout and chirpa almost gear 11
  • Does anyone actually use stand aside?
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited February 2017
  • Supercat wrote: »
    Does anyone actually use stand aside?

Of course you have to heavily rely on it. I used it w Rey whenever it was possible + EE when needed which really saved my skin a couple of times.

• Auricius
    42 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Double post.

• Ahkatosh
    157 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    warmonkey wrote: »
    I have never seen a toon gain 100% TM back after a teebo TM removal before. Is the next mechanic something like if I kill him with rey he automatically revives and kills my whole team too?

If this is a bug it's gamebreaking. If it's not it's a terrible design choice.

I'm seeing this happen more frequently in the last few days.
    I'll remove TM, the bar drops to near nil, then somehow, they immediately get their turn.
    Raids, GW & Arena.
    Noticed it happen a few times & paid close attention afterwards, ensuring I wasn't missing a unique or Leader ability that could explain it.
    Multiple scenarios on different toons of unexplained TM reduction both graphic (bar drop) & affected (not resisted) being ignored completely.

TM is bugged AF IMO.
  • Me
    R6GTp7c.png

Ox6Rmae.png

Bq4sEdH.png

I must say i have pretty good ewoks :) elder and teebo gear 11 and scout and chirpa almost gear 11

Doesn't look worth it one bit to me.
  • I did the bonus tier with decent mods, not my best my any means. I used Chirpa lead, EE, Teebo, Rey and Poe.
  • Yes, used Ewoks plus Rey (with my arena teams mods).
    Fun tip, have Teebo use Stand Aside and use an attack and then his Stealth special which gives all Ewoks full TM.
  • Alright I went ahead and had my second cup of coffee and that gave me just enough energy to put me in the zone so I finally beat it :)
  • @warmonkey yeeehaw, well done.
  • Ahkatosh wrote: »
    Me
    R6GTp7c.png

Ox6Rmae.png

Bq4sEdH.png

Doesn't look worth it one bit to me.

Your practically given free stuff, how is it not worth it? Only time I would see it not being worth it is if you go out of your way to get these shards and gear and level them up just for the purpose of this event.
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    Alright I went ahead and had my second cup of coffee and that gave me just enough energy to put me in the zone so I finally beat it :)

Coffee is definitely OP - always has been... but WAI. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Anyone spent the 500 for the refresh?
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I think the key is to ignore the B2s if you do not have any buffs on your chars. The AI will not do the area attack if you have no buffs other then stealth, it may also not do the area attack if you have no buffs on non-stealthed chars. So it can be best to clear the low hp targets quicky with skills that do not give you buffs.

I do have zeta on my Rey, So when I use stand aside I apply Daze... Useful to disable B2's tm gain, Then the power boost lets me do uber damage to take out one enemy.... BUT, as I remove all ally TM can can hurt me more then it helps. If all allies are at low TM it can be useful.

Stand Aside can also be useful if used with UG, The potency up can let him stun the droids. I have also used it on Eldar when I am down to one B2.

I have gotten to stage 8 with Teebo(10) Eldar(9) Rey(10) Poe(9) Ug(8) a few times. Last time, with full health... I dazed Dooku and worked on trying to kill him. I did have the option to do a stand aside and use UG's special, but didn't.

Everything seemed to be going well, then I used Poe's Taunt, then that support droid moved... Before I moved again my squad was all but wiped out. I think the debuffs off poe's taunt caused TM gain.

Very tricky with my squad, I can keep myself healed with Eldar up to stage 6. Then it is a lot about luck.