Knowledge prior to public release!?

Prev1
So we all know that some people have sources to the people at ea/cg that seem to tell them what will be in the next update before it is made public. Mostly the big guild leaders and some you tubers. I find this to be extremely unfair and think that it should stop immediately. Until something is made public so all of us that play the game have the opportunity to know what is up, I don't think that people should get these special rights to know before we do. Am I alone in this or?

Replies

• Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Very minor deal. You'll survive.

I'll expand, do the people that spends thousands on the game impact you if they find out something slightly before you? In the case of YouTubers, it gives them a chance to present the content right away and let the community make more informed decisions.
  • You should provide proof before you make these claims.

Not saying I disagree with you nor do I agree with you, but ATM this looks like you're making baseless assumptions.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    As long as they don't act all cloak and dagger because they have an "inside source" i'm fine with it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • crazycdog29
    281 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Mullato wrote: »
    You should provide proof before you make these claims.

Not saying I disagree with you nor do I agree with you, but ATM this looks like you're making baseless assumptions.

I was watching Smithie D's livestream this morning and he was talking with some of the other you tubers about questions submitted to them and one was what they thought the two other dark siders will be, and both Warrior and someone else said they won't comment because they already know.

This is just one example if you watch other Warrior vids or some others they hint at some things every now and then that they know something that we don't yet
  • I'm not one of those people, but why care so much about it? We'll all find out eventually. However, there's been a particular amount of posters making such claims which leads me to believe you're on to something *puts on tinfoil hat*
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

I was watching Smithie D's livestream this morning and he was talking with some of the other you tubers about questions submitted to them and one was what they thought the two other dark siders will be, and both Warrior and someone else said they won't comment because they already know.

So? you think they won't tell you, but they shared it with their entire guild?
  • 3Cheers4Tyranny
    2084 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    leef wrote: »

That makes sense. Smithie is in NAR which is the same guild SOAP is on and that's his source. I could be wrong here though.
  • Mullato wrote: »

Warrior is sponsored , so he gets access to beta content. But it's only him and a few other youtubers iirc. It's good to have someone from the player base to help them improve the game and give feedback from a player's perspective. Although I agree if they are telling thier entire guild then that's pretty messed up.
  • leef wrote: »

If you ask them if they shared it, I am pretty confident that they will say yes, maybe only the top leaders of their guilds but it does give an unfair advantage to them. If you knew back when the palp event started for the first a weak longer in advance who to farm to get him, that is a major advantage
  • leef wrote: »

If you ask them if they shared it, I am pretty confident that they will say yes, maybe only the top leaders of their guilds but it does give an unfair advantage to them. If you knew back when the palp event started for the first a weak longer in advance who to farm to get him, that is a major advantage

So the top leaders with a collection score of 90%+ have an unfair advantage if in fact data was even shared. #boycott
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

So the top leaders with a collection score of 90%+ have an unfair advantage if in fact data was even shared. #boycott

to be fair, those guilds have like 4 or more sub-guilds, wich aren't filled with 90+ collection score players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Upsetting...maybe when I'm having a bad day and little things get to me.

The details they get are not game breaking.

Knowing 2 toons before they are released, can you explain how or what advantage that gives them? We know the faction....what other things could matter, they are not getting details on gear to save or other game mechanics that would give them an advantage.

I think information should be a little more out there, but what can we do about that.

I play a different game made by a smaller company and they are on fun fact Friday 178, yep they have given out 178 weeks of consistent info about development..... I guess ea/CG doesn't have the budget to do this, but they do seem to be trying to improve communication with the player base.

One day we will get info consistently from them, but I still don't think it's a big deal that info is given out in outside streams, as long as it doesn't give them an insider trading advantage.

Also, my bet is most of the people getting this information spend money and would be able to out pace us anyway...
  • Austin09370
    850 posts Member
    edited February 2017

to be fair, those guilds have like 4 or more sub-guilds, wich aren't filled with 90+ collection score players.

True, but I think if it was shared to those leaders and then if they shared it to guild members that are lower level I think leaks in information would be a lot more prominent with people trying to get message board fame.

There are a lot of "ifs" too
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    What is this ultimate advantage they have by knowing?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »

This^^
  • scuba wrote: »

knowing who the characters will be is not that big of an advantage, but knowing who the next palp yoda event toon will be and who you need to unlock them is a very big advantage, and knowledge is power so they have power by knowing things the rest of us don't
  • As a member of one of these guilds and friends with another, the youtubers do get inside information early, but from all I can tell, they are very careful not to tell anyone else about it early. Which makes sense, since you know, if all of a sudden everyone in guild X that a youtuber was in all knew about something happening early, then that person would not get access from EA for long.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

knowing who the characters will be is not that big of an advantage, but knowing who the next palp yoda event toon will be and who you need to unlock them is a very big advantage, and knowledge is power so they have power by knowing things the rest of us don't

Sorry , but unless you are spending money, which would get you the same result, knowing who you need is no advantage.(if this was a proven thing, I would be a little bothered....but it's not) It would take me a month to get toons ready, and I don't think they are getting that info that early.

Knowing this kind of information is not knowing the launch codes, sometimes knowledge is just knowledge.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member

UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    edited February 2017

What power though? Yes they may have know who the next character is so they get their suprise sooner.

When they ever do a ep/Yoda style event they may know ahead of time. guess what they probably have a maxed roster or close to it and could have competed the event the day it dropped even if they didn't know.

What power though? Yes they may have know who the next character is so they get their suprise sooner.

When they ever do a ep/Yoda style event they may know ahead of time. guess what they probably have a maxed roster or close to it and could have competed the event the day it dropped even if they didn't know.

I am just saying knowing things ahead of time is not ok, If they are beta testing then yes I don't have a problem with that at all. But if they are just fed info than they should have to wait until the rest of us to hear about it

I am just saying knowing things ahead of time is not ok, If they are beta testing then yes I don't have a problem with that at all. But if they are just fed info than they should have to wait until the rest of us to hear about it

Pretty sure the YouTubers in question know because they are beta testers, and it is unlikely that any inside information they have is spreading far. That sort of thing tends to get cracked down on pretty hard in the gaming industry, and losing their official status could cost a lot of money to a serious YouTuber.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member

I don't think it is just fed info to be fed information. As others have stated I think their are a couple youtubers warrior being one and Mist_Passiert another that actually get brought in to make strategy/use videos prior to the release of a character. This is a good thing. as soon as the characters are released they can drop videos to show them off and help player decide if they want to work on them or not.
  • DrNocard
    356 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    The youtubers agreed to a NDA so while they themselves know what's coming they don't share the info with guildmates. And as @scuba asked, what's the advantage?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

I don't think it is just fed info to be fed information. As others have stated I think their are a couple youtubers warrior being one and Mist_Passiert another that actually get brought in to make strategy/use videos prior to the release of a character. This is a good thing. as soon as the characters are released they can drop videos to show them off and help player decide if they want to work on them or not.

I agree that it's a good thing.
    However, if those youtubers were to share that info with their guilds prior to it being public knowledge, i would find that somewhat ethically questionable.
    In the end it doesn't really matter though. It's just one of those things that's better not to know that you don't know.
  • DrNocard wrote: »
    The youtubers agreed to a NDA so while they themselves know what's coming they don't share the info with guildmates. And as @scuba asked, what's the advantage?
    If there is no advantage or reason for them knowing early than why do they if not a beta tester
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    YouTube and Social Media Previews would seem to show a way to get feedback and get community discussions going on new content and updates.

And I think they have to give blood oath documents to what and when things can be shared ;)

Also, don't let this thread devolve to witch hunt or name shaming

:)
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    YouTube and Social Media Previews would seem to show a way to get feedback and get community discussions going on new content and updates.

And I think they have to give blood oath documents to what and when things can be shared ;)

Also, don't let this thread devolve to witch hunt or name shaming

:)
    I didn't plan on it, I was asked to provide proof so I just said where proof was, not shaming :)
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    DrNocard wrote: »
    The youtubers agreed to a NDA so while they themselves know what's coming they don't share the info with guildmates. And as scuba asked, what's the advantage?
    If there is no advantage or reason for them knowing early than why do they if not a beta tester

To early record the previews videos so they can share them right away with the community.

I personally don't watch the videos but I know some have been released right away for new character like gk.
  • Whats up all thanks for watching the show @crazycdog29

Any sponsered YouTube channel can get early knowledge of new content this happens all over life. Movies Games and like reviewers get to play and see movies before the rest of us. Reviewers will see and know what will happen in Episode 8 before it even hits Cinemas.

The people that have early access have to sign a NDA which means they are NOT allowed to leak the information and if they break this it will have a serious impact.

I am currently not sponsered by EA and know no knowledge of any content coming just my speculation. If I did know I wouldnt be able to share and would not share any information with even my friends let alone my guild and would never ask anyone that did know.