Are we not gonna talk about the shield generator droids?

The ones with the overdrive buff in Assault Battles: Ground War? They look super cool, they could potentially be the true tank droids need to end up in top ten teams again, and I haven't seen a single post about them! Thoughts?

Replies

• They won't show up as farmable toons with that large a protection boost.
  • The tank that droids need is droideka, they could make him have a ridiculous amount of protection and very low hp, also when he loses all his protection his sheild could go away. Plus droideka is cooler than that droid.
  • Danubiss
    423 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    One of the developers have stated that they won't be used in game for players. It's just a character they used for this event and nothing more.
  • Nothermike wrote: »
    They won't show up as farmable toons with that large a protection boost.

True. But, at the same time, Savage Oppress doesn't drop everyone down to 1hp, and B2 doesn't have a TM-reduction on its basic. But these characters are farmable regardless--they just behave a little toned down!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nothermike wrote: »

It's a simple skill, I mean it can be dispelled and buff immunity can stop it... doesn't seem too crazy.
  • Aren't these basically the same thing as the support droids from the challenges that are never going to be playable?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Aren't these basically the same thing as the support droids from the challenges that are never going to be playable?

Good point, but these did seem a little more of a playable toon.
  • We need droideka over these.
  • We need droideka over these.

Yes :)
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I would like to see Droideka and Commando droids the most, personally.
  • Mzee wrote: »

Commandos are very cool. I do hope to see droideka first tho, they are iconic and the only droids a Jedi will run from.
  • Mzee wrote: »

Commandos are very cool. I do hope to see droideka first tho, they are iconic and the only droids a Jedi will run from.

Commando droids and droidekas would be amazing.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Nothermike wrote: »

It's a simple skill, I mean it can be dispelled and buff immunity can stop it... doesn't seem too crazy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/5tb0gp/comment/ddlhsgb
  • As is the droid would be useless in arena and probably throw a wrench in events and raids like AAT P3.

I see a protection up ability coming for toons though, similar to how ships work but not to the massive scale they added in the event.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    As is the droid would be useless in arena and probably throw a wrench in events and raids like AAT P3.

I see a protection up ability coming for toons though, similar to how ships work but not to the massive scale they added in the event.

It's already available for characters, look at Cassian
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • These droids are a support pve unit only. Similar to the support droids flanking the bosses in challenges. They aren't going to be units players can obtain. As I've said elsewhere, Assault Battles feature unique mechanics to make them more challenging. These droids in Ground War are just an extension of that.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.