Zeta Ship Challenge

What ships (and level) did you use to beat tier 3 of the ship ability challenges? I can't 3* the challenge for my life... I can auto the whole battle and win, but I can't 3*

Replies

• I just unlocked and 3* it today.

Go for Consular's ships first.

(It can be tempting to go for Wedge first but the JC's will just call him to assist since his health is lowest and that just gives him TM and extra protection.)

It helps that I run Executrix in fleet arena so it is my strongest capital ship (Tarkin is 85 with two pieces away from G11 and 4-5 dot mods).

First time I used Geo Soldier, Sun Fac, Ashoka, Jedi Consular, Umbaran. I think JC and Wedge were reinforcements.

I beat it but lost Sun Fac (due to him taunting) and Ashoka to bad RNG.

Second time I put Wedge in instead of Sun Fac and got really lucky.

The trick with Executrix is to stack Target Lock on as many characters as possible.

That makes it bad against Home One but great against Endurance since it has. I cleanse.

I go for both JC's ships first (I think this part is key) followed by Wedge. Plo Koon got called in as reinforcement and made one of Clone Sarges taunt but I dispelled it with Ahsoka and took out Plo Koon quickly.

I then used the ultimate ability and it basically destroyed what was left. One ship was left in the yellow and ended quickly after that.
  • I just unlocked and 3* it today.

Go for Consular's ships first.

(It can be tempting to go for Wedge first but the JC's will just call him to assist since his health is lowest and that just gives him TM and extra protection.)

It helps that I run Executrix in fleet arena so it is my strongest capital ship (Tarkin is 85 with two pieces away from G11 and 4-5 dot mods).

First time I used Geo Soldier, Sun Fac, Ashoka, Jedi Consular, Umbaran. I think JC and Wedge were reinforcements.

I beat it but lost Sun Fac (due to him taunting) and Ashoka to bad RNG.

Second time I put Wedge in instead of Sun Fac and got really lucky.

The trick with Executrix is to stack Target Lock on as many characters as possible.

That makes it bad against Home One but great against Endurance since it has. I cleanse.

I go for both JC's ships first (I think this part is key) followed by Wedge. Plo Koon got called in as reinforcement and made one of Clone Sarges taunt but I dispelled it with Ahsoka and took out Plo Koon quickly.

I then used the ultimate ability and it basically destroyed what was left. One ship was left in the yellow and ended quickly after that.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot the next time I can

Unfortunately I don't run Executrix as my main ship, the ship only sitting at level 65 with a lvl70 toon at G6 I think.

Ive been trying to beat it with Biggs but he gets swamped with target locks and assist calls from JC. Ill see if I can replace him with someone else.
  • The capital ship itself is pretty important. His abilities being upgraded make a big difference. His ability block lands more consistently, he gives more TM, and his ultimate ability hits like the animation makes it look like it will, like a stampede! That ability alone has saved me in arena MANY times.

I just realized I was wrong about one of the ships I used. TFP is one of my strongest ships and he works great with Tarkin. Any time he dodges an attack it gives the capital ship TM. I did NOT use JC's ship. I used TFP.

Probably still doable either way but thought I should clarify.
  • The capital ship itself is pretty important. His abilities being upgraded make a big difference. His ability block lands more consistently, he gives more TM, and his ultimate ability hits like the animation makes it look like it will, like a stampede! That ability alone has saved me in arena MANY times.

I just realized I was wrong about one of the ships I used. TFP is one of my strongest ships and he works great with Tarkin. Any time he dodges an attack it gives the capital ship TM. I did NOT use JC's ship. I used TFP.

Probably still doable either way but thought I should clarify.

Don't have Tarkin's capital ship well leveled or geared at all, but was able to 3* the challenge first try.

(All 5* ships)
    Plo (7* g11), Imperial TIE (7* g11), Ahsoka (7* g10), Fives (7* g9), JC (6* g8).

Take out one of their JC ships first and try to make sure you have Ahsoka's dispel ready (or target lock on biggs and then you can dispel via Five's basic) and then you can focus on the less tanky ships. Kill Ahsoka's ship first when Mace reinforces with it.
  • Holio
    99 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Cleared it 3*, today with - JC, Ashoka, tie fighter, fives, wedge.. had to drop Biggs, so he wouldn't commit suicide.. 3 are six star/ 2 are 5 star, lvl 70-80.. toons maxed at 85 and have g9-11..
  • Tried it a few more times today, and wasn't able to do it... guess I'll stick to auto'ing until I level my ships up more
  • wait for rng on your favor, just keep trying GL
    the cake is a lie
  • Athusk wrote: »
    Tried it a few more times today, and wasn't able to do it... guess I'll stick to auto'ing until I level my ships up more

I would consider dropping Biggs from your first five. When I started on that challenge I had him in the front line and he kept getting killed from the taunt. The computer seems to naturally spread out their targeting a bit, so no taunter is actually a decent way to 3*.

What worked best for me however was Plo Koon. Use TM gain out of the gate and if anyone gets low you can use his selectable taunt on your highest current HP character.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    The current lack of Dark Side ships is a big problem for me as I never got a Geonosian (3 Geonosians have ships...), even though my arena team is a Droid squad. This has made the Tier 4 Executrix challenge unobtainable since I need 5 4* dark ships. I have heard that data mining turned up droid ships, but we will see. I would like to start farming zeta abilities, but I currently don't want to farm Geonosian Soldier just for his ship. Already doing that with Maul.

I currently have: 5* Vader ship, 4* TFP ship, 3* Schmitar (14/30), Bobba Fet ship (56/80).

I am kind of deciding to just purchase the zeta abilities now for 2k ship points. Already got 1 token so far, and I sit in the top 100 of ships.

• Bberg13
    57 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    If I remember right I used wedge, biggs, SF, ashoka and 5s. They're all 7* and I think 5s is through lowest gear level at 9. Got a little lucky with biggs and SF rotating taunts. My Tarkin was/is still terrible lol. I think he's 5 star g6 and the ship was only like level 7 when I did the challenge.

Used a similar strategy as the others, JCs go first then pick off what you can kill quickly to minimize incoming damage. Obviously the dispel by ashoka and 5s should be used on the targeted taunts by mace and plo after the JCs are gone.
  • RNG plays a major role. My Tarkin is only level 50 7*
    Mzee wrote: »
    The current lack of Dark Side ships is a big problem for me as I never got a Geonosian (3 Geonosians have ships...), even though my arena team is a Droid squad. This has made the Tier 4 Executrix challenge unobtainable since I need 5 4* dark ships. I have heard that data mining turned up droid ships, but we will see. I would like to start farming zeta abilities, but I currently don't want to farm Geonosian Soldier just for his ship. Already doing that with Maul.

I currently have: 5* Vader ship, 4* TFP ship, 3* Schmitar (14/30), Bobba Fet ship (56/80).

I am kind of deciding to just purchase the zeta abilities now for 2k ship points. Already got 1 token so far, and I sit in the top 100 of ships.
    I would focus on your ships to unlock challenge, then you can start using ship tokens to get your Zetas as you can use GW tokens to focus on your remaining ships. After you Zeta'd your arena squads, you'll need to refocus on ships before August hits.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Tavanh wrote: »
    I would focus on your ships to unlock challenge, then you can start using ship tokens to get your Zetas as you can use GW tokens to focus on your remaining ships. After you Zeta'd your arena squads, you'll need to refocus on ships before August hits.

Thanks for the advice. I really don't want to start leveling another character just for his ship, but maybe I will have to... Toss up between GS and FOTF as I have both characters on 2* already. Maybe, they can give Ventress a ship as I have her on tier 7 or 8 gear...

• I started off unlocking it and having a hell of a time beating it (like, over an hour of play a day to do it twice). That gradually got easier as I leveled my ships further, and got my pilots with higher gear/stars. Until today RNGesus smiled on me and the AI decided:

1. Using JC special attack was for pussies, and basic'd (or topped up the protection of a barely damaged ally.
    2. Reinforcements were for pussies, so keep spamming pink aoe like it's the best thing ever.
    3. Spread damage was best damage. I had 4 ships in yellow by the time the battle was over.

The way I always did the battle was: kill Wedge before JC calls him to assist (if you don't do enough damage, then start over), keep a dispell for taunt, and especially for taunt + dmg immunity. Kill both JCs second. Then whatever reinforced, then Rex, and finally Clone Sergeant. Sometimes I killed clone sergeant before Rex if he got taunt cast on him, and I happened to do a lot of damage before dispelling.

Today when I 3*'d it, clone sergeant was down to a red sliver of health and Mace had a turn. Instead of reinforcing and killing my Sun Fac (the lowest of my ships), he spammed pink crap at me with none of my ships target locked. And now I will never have to do the battle again. Easy sims to zeta! :)
  • Just celebrating, I got my first 3 today from the challenges. Probably 6th appearance for a chance for me to get it.
  • A few days ago I completed the dark side Tarkin challenge. Next is the Ability Material challenge &I need some advice on which ships to farm to 5* for this challenge. I got these ships at 4*:
    Tie Adv (7* lv85 Gear IX) - JC (7* lv80 VIII) - Biggs (7* lv85 X) - Wedge (7* lv85 X) - Slave I (7* lv85 VIII)- Ahsoka (7* lv80 IX) - Rex (7* lv80 VIII) - FOTP (6* lv62) - Poe (5* lv61) - TFP (3* lv57) - GS (4* lv50) - Bistan (5* lv44)
    In Ship Arena I use Ackbar, so I have no clue which direction I should take: Light side, dark side,...?? Any suggestions?
  • Whichever 8 you can get to 5* fastest. Once you're there, you can complete the challenge for rewards. Then, you can work on 3-starring it.