Bug: FOO's Marching Orders does not remove Buff Immunity

I have First Order Officer's Marching Orders omega'd. The description says it removes all debuffs from target and grants tenacity up. This failed to work on my First Order Storm Trooper when he had the Buff Immunity debuff. His Buff Immunity debuff remained and he didn't gain any buffs. However, he did get 100% turn meter.

Usually Marching Orders seems to work alright. For instance, I've seen it correctly remove a Healing Debuff and grant tenacity up.

Thanks,
BeWary

Replies

• "Target other ally gains 100% Turn Meter and Advantage for 2 turns. If that ally is First Order, they also gain Offense Up for 3 turns. Dispel all debuffs from First Order Officer and target ally and grant them both Tenacity Up for 2 turns."

If you look at the mechanics on swgoh.gg it seems the problem is in the order of the operations.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/first-order-officer/ability/marching-orders

If I understand correctly, FOO first applies TM, and then applies advantage to the target ally. Only then does he cleanse and apply the other buffs if the previous action is successful.

Hence if the ally is suffering buff immunity they don't get the advantage buff and then subsequently don't get the cleanse and other buffs.

So technically it seems to be working as written, but it certainly makes FOO pretty useless and goes against common sense.
  • Yeah, but I wouldn't assume the order of operations is exactly the same as written in the description, because as you say, it wouldn't make sense. There's also no reason any of the actions should be dependent on each other. At the very least, if the ability worked as described in the order described, I should have seen the removal of the debuff and Tenacity Up granted.
  • But if you check the mechanics on swgoh.gg it appears that

"Dispel all debuffs from First Order Officer and target ally and grant them both Tenacity Up for 2 turns."

is only applied if the original advantage sticks. The secondary elements of his ability are dependent on the first part happening.

This explains why buff immunity blocks everything. But it means it is just a bad mechanic and they need to change it.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Okay, I didn't expand the ability on swgoh.gg the first time, so now I see what you're talking about. If that is the order of operations, then it appears the dispell just needs to happen before the Advantage buff.

However, it's not clear to me that each step is dependent on the previous being successful. The Advantage buff step returns whether it was successful, but the page doesn't indicate if that return value is used to determine if the code should proceed. Either way, it appears through gameplay that the value is used and that the logic stops after the Advantage fails.
  • Striker
    198 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I've found same bug.
    I expand skill mechanic on swgoh.gg - dispel going first from target, then target gain tenacity buff, then only power buff bonus.
    In game FOO give Marching Orders to FOTFP with buff immunuty, and FOTFP dont loose his debufs.
    Screenshots for example:
    1) 15C3Xr6ENe4.jpg
    2) X5Dk798ISEk.jpg
    3) apL8cErgqmA.jpg
    Look at FOTFP, he gets his TM, but still have debuff. Same thing with shock debuff.
    Need to be fixed. @CG_Kozispoon need your advice.
  • Thanks for the support Striker. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.
  • It's listed as under investigation in this thread so should be fixed (hopefully!)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/58960/the-bugs-bin-update-2-14