Chirrut Zeta Idea

Chirrut has 2 ability that could be finished off with Zetas. Both are unique and this is what I would do with him.

Indomitable Will -
Current - Chirrut Imwe gains 17% Counter Chance and Health Steal for each living enemy, doubled for Empire enemies. If Baze Malbus is present he also gains these bonuses.
Zeta - Chance to stun on counter attack

Resolute Endurance - Whenever an ally is Critically Hit they gain Heal Over Time for 2 Turns. At the start of each turn, If Chirrut Imwe is alive, all allies with Heal Over Time recover 4% of their Max Health.
Zeta - Each time an ally gains Heal Over Time, they also gain Critical Immunity for 1 turn. These buffs cannot be dispelled while Chirrut Imwe is alive.

Thoughts?

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Are-you-serious-gif.gif
  • Kind of cool idea but he's pretty much the last toon in the game that needs a zeta. He's pretty op as is.
  • Chirrut zeta...he blindly walks off battlefield...never to return.
  • Well, Zader and Boba will still rock him, but it would make B2 less insta win against him.
  • I feel like the crit immunity thing is pointless.. allies get HoT from crits BUT nobody takes crits? The chance to stun thing would be cool, but it would have to be relatively low for it to not be OP.
  • Kind of cool idea but he's pretty much the last toon in the game that needs a zeta. He's pretty op as is.

This is very much the case.
  • JohnTS676
    369 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Zeta.... Chirrut............... Screw it, why not just make him be able to win 1v5 against any team and eliminate the entire point of playing arena. Chirrut and baze are LITERALLY the last toons that need any kind of buff in this game, when the majority of the player base are all agreeing that the kit those two have PLUS their synergy is the most op/broken/whatever you want to call it, then surely the devs should be thinking just that tiny bit less about money for once and actually restoring some balance to the game by addressing this problem.
    Yes I realise that they are beatable but when you have those 2 guys at 3* and you need a full team (also preferably including these guys still) all maxed out in order to beat them without relying too heavily on RNG then it's just too strong. It's ok those players that just say "use zader and boba, it's easy" that's fine so long as the AI ignores your boba long enough for you to setup 10 buffs/debuffs on chirrut and then get boba to execute him, but if they kill your boba before you manage that (cause he can't ignore taunt without his unique buff) then your dead cause baze will just tank all day. For the record I ran a zader team for a little bit, I have both zader and boba completely maxed out except for boba's zeta and that strat is not that reliable without having chaze yourself, even shore doesn't quite cut it because of baze's dispel (never mind whoever else they brought with dispel) and because baze keeps auto regaining taunt whereas shore has only the 1 auto

Baze and chirrut are in almost EVERY top team right now except for zQGJ teams usually, they're even in zader/zaul/EP teams which are supposed to be the more full-team-synergy kind of teams but because chaze is too strong people happily sacrifice some of that team synergy just to put the 2 man army in their team because you just have to if you want to stay on top.

Take a hint from plenty of other games out there which have a "meta" in their competetive features; from fighting games to trading card games, when something starts to warp the meta in such a way that the only real pheasible way to beat something is to use it yourself then typically in these games they would nerf/tweak/ban/rework it so that more varied options start to open up so that the game doesn't become more stale than a 6 month old loaf of bread. Get with the rest of the world and fix your **** devs
  • Well think of it this way, the heal over time is pointless at the beginning and just provides Boba with the ability to execute. This will lessen the heal over times allies get, very much so! But, you get heal over time every time he goes. It's point is to slow down the HoTs early
  • JohnTS676 wrote: »
    Zeta.... Chirrut............... Screw it, why not just make him be able to win 1v5 against any team and eliminate the entire point of playing arena

Like Kylo and maybe Maul?

• Lol no. Zeta'ing him is a terrible idea, because he already insanely viable. Also, the zetas you proposed are also insanely overpowered. It makes him into a Chirrut with Aaylas counter and GKs protectibility.

Unless you're trying to make a way so he can solo an arena team, on which case well done.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Chirrut needs nothing
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    Zeta.... Chirrut............... Screw it, why not just make him be able to win 1v5 against any team and eliminate the entire point of playing arena

Like Kylo and maybe Maul?

Neither of those toons would remotely stand a chance on their own, maul is too slow, even against a full Jedi team and especially if it was a zQGJ team, he wouldnt even get a hit, and kylo's biggest strength from his rework is to not fall over so fast from zader, straight out damage with no debuffs like wiggs wreck him.

And yes I realise that chirrut on his own wouldn't actually be able to take down 5 guys but you got the point I was making
  • MoBlaq
    581 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    benacrow wrote: »
    Lol no. Zeta'ing him is a terrible idea, because he already insanely viable. Also, the zetas you proposed are also insanely overpowered. It makes him into a Chirrut with Aaylas counter and GKs protectibility.

Unless you're trying to make a way so he can solo an arena team, on which case well done.

His base potency is crazy low. Its more for Baze. Also, any tenacity up will prevent the stun. As for GK protectibility, like I said earlier it's to lessen the amount of HoTs.

Im flexible though. Maybe Critical Immunity until attacked like K-2's taunt

This discussion has been closed.