Leak: Narrative Description for Shard Shop. Max character stars for GOH is 7?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I only have five 7* toons and already have excess shards. I got a Lumi shard or two from GW and had an odd number of Sid shards (probably also from GW) when I purchased the last 5 in Arena shipments so I ended up with 102/100, same with my Daka.

Even if you're not a whale, I can appreciate the value in it.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options

I don't know, at a 5:1 ratio (only an assumption) you are still 1 shard from trading in for... 1 shard.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I guarantee you that this is designed so that you and me with our 2 or 3 extra shards here or there will have precious little to appreciate.. and quite a lot to be jealous of. There will be special, cool stuff in there, and it will only be for the guys who have 1000 extra Leia shards. Mark my words, you'll see.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »

I guarantee you that this is designed so that you and me with our 2 or 3 extra shards here or there will have precious little to appreciate.. and quite a lot to be jealous of. There will be special, cool stuff in there, and it will only be for the guys who have 1000 extra Leia shards. Mark my words, you'll see.

With this post containing your quote, consider your words duly marked sir! ;)

• Options

I'm sure you can get 100 Luminara shards if you start to refresh GW shipments next week.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    The cynicism is strong as always in this forum I see. Reminds me why I don't come here often anymore.

Anyways... I'm certainly hoping the new shard currency won't have a lousy exchange rate. If it does, the devs end up punishing players for having many 7* characters (that is, paying players).

Pulling a 8x Chromium pack and getting 5 toons you've already maxed is not fun to begin with, but then to have their shards reduced to a fraction of regular shard value, that would discourage me from spending any more on packs.

So I'm hoping there will be a balanced economy here. So far devs have done a great job, so I'm optimistic about the future.
  • Options
    They should do it like a stock market system, you can sell any amount of shards of any character and what you receive is based on what other people are doing. For example, biggs' shards are useless because everybody is trading them in. This means 5 biggs shards is worth 5 shardshop currency. Whereas Dookus' shards are valuable so 5 Dooku shards are worth say 50 currency. Once a player accumulates 400 shardshop currency they can spend it on 5 shards in the shardshop shipment list...

Hopefully thats easy enough for you guys to understand..
  • Options
    1. Put ridiculously OP new character(s) in shop. Vader too.
    2. Make ONLY way to get shop currency by turning in excess shards from 7* characters.
    3. Make exchange rate 5:1
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Where there's a whale, there's a way. They'd be essentially making chromium packs reward 5 shards instead of 25(or shipments 1 shard instead of 5 for FtP,) with the caveat that you have to have a character maxed already. Seems like a viable way to introduce new exclusive toons. But they sure as **** better be phenomenal.
  • KoolKent
    154 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    F2p players "could" continue farming 7* characters if they wanted to! If there were better toons in the shop and the exchange wasn't too drastic why not continue farming maxed toons
    For example' I think Dathcha is the easiest farmable toon! Can get 20+ shards a day easy. If I could exchange them for 5 Darth Mauls 1 per day I'd be all over it
  • Options
    Forum demands for something to be done about extra shards. CG makes shard shop. Forum, without even knowing the details, complains about shard shop. You people are amazing.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »
    Forum demands for something to be done about extra shards. CG makes shard shop. Forum, without even knowing the details, complains about shard shop. You people are amazing.

I have to agree...but you know Qeltar is right though?

They are worried about whales being upset they keep getting the same maxed out heroes and make the decision that the odds of pulling Yoda over Leia are so bad (and it will only get worse as more heroes are added in the years? to come) that they will say while Leia was worth the $800 I spent, with the new odds Yoda will take about $1200 and that it to much. Also while they were spending the first $800 for Leia they probably 7* a bunch of random heroes and will continue to get more of those already maxed out heroes instead of something useful while trying to get Yoda. So the difference is at launch $800 to get Leia and say 4 other heroes to 7* or next month $1200 to get Yoda and say 1 other 7* that's a lose lose.

I am personally looking forward to the 3 extra Luminara shards I have being useful, and once they add an exclusive toon I will probably farm some of my already 7* to get shards for it, assuming the rate isn't terrible.
    To get the people with more dollars than sense to open their wallets again. That is the prime motivation of this feature. It's not for you and me, it's for people who spend the price of a car on chromium packs, so they won't feel like they've "wasted" their purchase when they get shards for characters they already have.
    This also gives CG an excuse to keep the chromium packs giving shards for characters that are already maxed out: "well, you can use the shard exchange shop". They want to keep doing this because they want to keep the pool of characters diluted so that the whales keep spending $$$$$ trying to get the new characters while most of the time getting the old ones.
    That's all this is about: facilitating chromium pack sales.

• Options
    No matter what they needed to do something about excess shards so that chromium doesn't give non-usable content.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    jeremyj26 wrote: »

Notice that this abstract "forum" guy you speak of is not a single entity. The people who claimed for a shard shop are not the same than those complaining for it.

I think the shard shop is going to be attractive only for heavy spenders, and that's fine. There was a problem with the current chromium shards, and they solved it. Nothing wrong here.