Thoughts and Ideas on an Old Republic era events/expansion.

I have been coming up with some ideas for a possible "expansion" if you will. The Old Republic has many great assets that could possibly be used.

To start we can look at the 8 classes from the Star Wars Old Republic MMO (SWTOR) this could provide SWGOH with 8 generic characters like the Trooper, Smuggler, Jedi Knight, and Jedi Consular for light side characters. The dark side we have the Imperial Agent, Bounty Hunter, SIth Warrior and Sith Inquisitor. The characters in SWTOR all also had unique ships with them that could be added to this game. Those characters also have subclasses, which could be used to make a greater diversity of those 8 classes as well.

A new holo table could be introduced that goes from level 1 to current or new max level. This table could be themed around the new characters. Something else this table could introduce is every few levels have a mission similar to what we have now, but instead it uses ships. Ships are currently only used in ship challenges and the fleet arena. A new place for them to be used would be nice.

They could also introduce a new "expansion" data pack that allows people to unlock the new characters and or ships, similar to the intro pack already in the game. This expansion data pack could be used to unlock the holo table as well. The characters shards could be placed into the new holo table to be farmable. There was a new announced method that characters would be introduced, this method could still be used to get some named characters from the Old Republic era.

I have no idea what the legality would be of using those assets would be, but it still all under the title of EA. Maybe a crossover promotion event could happen where SWTOR and SWGOH promote each other.

These are just some of my ideas, feel free to share your opinions. To the developers feel free to comment share your ideas and concerns with this.

Replies

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    I dont think CG/EA is going to expand much on old republic material. They'll add a few characters to make fanboys happy, but i think they want to focus attention on canon material so they dont alienate too many people.
  • Options
    As much as I like both games, I don't see it happening. EA invests very little into SWTOR so their content the last couple years has been a bit hit and miss. Would be cool if they promoted both though
  • Options
    Out of my idea the thing I would like to see the most would be a new holo table that has missions for ships similar to cantina battles and/or Light/Dark side missions.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    I remember when Episode 7 was released. WoW did a thing where they gave all NPC guards 'lightsabers' to commerorate the release. SWTOR did nothing... not even a newsletter.
  • Options
    Javik wrote: »
    Out of my idea the thing I would like to see the most would be a new holo table that has missions for ships similar to cantina battles and/or Light/Dark side missions.

+1