Fleet Mega Pack or Tie Attack Pack

Prev1
I need ship help because apparently everyone on my Shard is uber powerful no matter what I do in ship battles.

I gain power, everyone else gains power equal to or more. I'm never gaining any ground. My power is over 102k but can seem to stay below 600.

So, should I buy one of these packs or are neither really worth it?
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• Options
    No. Just use GW shipments and gear your pilots
  • Options
    phatphil3 wrote: »

Yeah, it's not really my pilots that are the problem. Most of the pilots I use are 7 star and high level and gear. But it's the star level of the ship.

I can't compete in the challenges and level up the Capital ships because all my ships have low star levels.

So everyone is already doing Zeta challenges and I'm stuck in the suck. Lol
  • Options
    I haven't done any zeta farming yet and I finish at least in the top 15 every day for ships. I am not in a position where I can zeta a toon that I can build a viable team round
  • Options
    Well that's awesome.

I can't seem to stay under 600. And I have Maul's and Boba's ships. Both guys are level 85, Gear X, 7 star. And I have Wedge and Biggs, also 7 star and geared to about 8 or 9.

Still getting wrecked. But I'm going up against stronger capital ships, and by proxy, higher starred ships.
  • Options
    What other pilots do you have?
  • Options
    I have

Boba
    Maul
    Jedi Consular
    Ahsoka
    Wedge
    Biggs
    Resistance Pilot (though not geared or leveled)
    Vader (not his ship though)
    Shoretrooper/DT (not their ship though)

Etc etc.

I think I have every Pilot just not ever ship.
  • Options
    Maul and bobas ships are fragile. Your other pilots need geared up. What mods you have on them? Gears important as it gives access to abilities.
    I haven't noticed much difference starring up but leveling up gives access to enhance abilities.
  • Options
    Yeah, but you need to star up you small ships to star up the Big leader ships.

To then do the Zeta challenge.
  • Options
    I'll try to gear up the other pilots heavier I guess, even though I truly don't want to use them. Lol
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The instant 4* Tie Advance will help you out and boost you into the 500 and better stratosphere. Take the $20 USD gamble if you feel lucky and/or okay with 3* Reaper for 2nd prize.

The mega packs is a waste if you already have ships and pilots. Don't bother with those and good luck.
  • Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    The instant 4* Tie Advance will help you out and boost you into the 500 and better stratosphere. Take the $20 USD gamble if you feel lucky and/or okay with 3* Reaper for 2nd prize.

The mega packs is a waste if you already have ships and pilots. Don't bother with those and good luck.

Cool. Yeah, Vader's ship would help out tremendously. I have 30 of its shards already due to that tourney.
  • Options
    Let us know what you get! Sounds like zetas might be a bit away for you unless you save and buy them in store.
  • Options
    Darknessie wrote: »
    Let us know what you get! Sounds like zetas might be a bit away for you unless you save and buy them in store.

Yeah, my Capital ships are only 3 star. But it becomes like a snowball effect once you get the ball rolling.
  • Options
    What star are your ships? I'm in a newer shard, I'm level 76 and take top 10 in ships and can get as high as second with good rng. I bought the slave 1 pack and a handful of mega ship packs so I got an early head start, no one on my shard has any 7 star ships yet.
  • Options
    Mike1980 wrote: »
    What star are your ships? I'm in a newer shard, I'm level 76 and take top 10 in ships and can get as high as second with good rng. I bought the slave 1 pack and a handful of mega ship packs so I got an early head start, no one on my shard has any 7 star ships yet.

I've been playing since lauch. I got a few friends that just started this January on newer shards and are dominating PVP in Arena and Ship Arena. All top 100 at least.

Seems unfair. lol!

My SIave 1 is 5-star though. Everything else is mostly 2 star except for Maul's. It's at 3.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Use GW shipment to star your ships. I wouldn't buy the packs, they are just quite worth it.

I tried to do the same and ended up with a 5* go spy ship.....I didn't have him at the time, so it was useless. Unless you can buy a bunch of them it won't help as much as you think.
  • Options
    Does anyone have the TIE Reaper? Is it good? I have both pilots needed to use it. But that could be a factor on whether or not I decided to go for the TIE Attack Pack.

Obviously if I got lucky with Vader's ship that would be ideal, but it's like 90% chance I get the Reaper.
  • Options

This. 499 packs better investment too.
  • Options

This. 499 packs better investment too.

What I did was bought a lot of those 499 packs when I started. I have to say, they helped immensely to keep me near the top of my shard.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I did same to get ships to 4*.
  • Options
    Hmmm...maybe I'll try that, the 499 pack(s).

Do you get a lot of blueprints for multiple ships or just for one ship?
  • Infernus1231
    264 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The 499 pack is the best deal for ships, I did it. You only get blue prints for one ship at a time, but for the most part that's okay. It's better than getting shards for a pilot that you don't have use for.
  • Options
    I bought the tie pack and got the reaper... Waste of 3k crystals
  • Options
    The 499 pack is the best deal for ships, I did it. You only get blue prints for one ship at a time, but for the most part that's okay. It's better than getting shards for a pilot that you don't have use for.

Cool. I might do that instead then.
  • Options
    hnewton wrote: »
    I bought the tie pack and got the reaper... Waste of 3k crystals

So the TIE Reaper sucks?
  • Options
    I also pulled the TIE Reaper, and last time I bought a ship pack, I got 4 Clone ARC shards :/
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    Reaper doesn't suck but it has a bug that's being addressed - when you kept it in your team (reinforcements or active) its unique would kick in limiting the enemy capital ship's movements (reduces TM every time any ship is destroyed). Once this is addressed Reaper will still be good with Scimitar and Slave I as well as FOTF/TF but not as good with other ships.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Currently #1 in my shard (been there for weeks).
    My pilots: Vader, TFP, JC, Maul, GS, Boba, FOTP, Clone Sergant, Reisist Pilot

I gear up and max level all my pilots, execpt for 2 backups that i rarely ever get to. I try to level up my attacks as much as possible for all ships and of course build up the capital ship (Tarkin) as much as possible. My approach was more holistic, so i try to keep tabs on all fronts at the same time ...
  • Options
    Douuuuche wrote: »
    Currently #1 in my shard (been there for weeks).
    My pilots: Vader, TFP, JC, Maul, GS, Boba, FOTP, Clone Sergant, Reisist Pilot

I gear up and max level all my pilots, execpt for 2 backups that i rarely ever get to. I try to level up my attacks as much as possible for all ships and of course build up the capital ship (Tarkin) as much as possible. My approach was more holistic, so i try to keep tabs on all fronts at the same time ...

Yeah, a Vader ship would do wonders for me. But that would be a minimal chance of happening. Currently working on TFP and his ship.
  • Options
    TFP is solid, it's my #2 most effective ship next to Vader, which surprised me.
    To be honest man, I didn't plan on playing fleet and just happened to notice that several of my toons that I already invested in all had ships so it was relatively organic. But I think that when you're looking to build, it's gotta be holistic ... it all adds up. I got lucky because my shard seems to be slow as a whole in terms of growth, so I grew exponentially faster than my peers. I'm about 20% higher in power than the next higher player, so for them it's a lot of room to catch up on, at least unless they really do a better job of strengthening their capital ships. My ships tend to be mostly Empire (for Zetas) so I was able to focus on Tarkin who I already geared up anyway for GW. So I'm more like a mix of luck and building in a balanced way.