Zaul Arena Team

Running Zaul with EP (269) Boba (248) B2 and Shore. I see a lot of Zaul teams with Vader on them instead of shore or boba. Why is Vader a good choice on this team? I don't see the benefit from running him and I'm hoping someone can enlighten me as to why he's a choice

Replies

• Options
    Sith benefits from Zauls leader ability?
  • Options
    Depends on the team. I like Vader for the tankyness and decent damage. Boba seems to die quick. I used to run zmaul palp Vader sun fac and geo spy and was actually great. I recently switched to zmaul palp Vader zkylo and boba and actually looking to replace boba.

On paper toons like boba Rex or b2 fit into the team better but in reality they just die first and I view as a wasted space if they only get 1 turn. The goal on a zmaul team is to force them to spread damage, allowing for toons to stay alive. Non tanky toons without stealth can just be focused down in round 1 making it 5v4
  • Options
    I think zaul Vader dooku sideous zylo is what you need.

Everyone stealth but Kylo, taking damage, winding up for the nastiness. Everyone sith doing their nasty business from the shadows
  • Options
    I rank #1 in arena everyday I was just curious about why the choice would be Vader over another DPS character or someone with more utility. I just don't understand why he's the "go to" choice over other characters
  • Options
    I don't understand why anybody would choose boba or Vader in this team. Vader benefits from high evasion and gains stealth/critical hit immunity under this lead. Combined with his high natural tankyness and he's got to be very difficult to take down
  • Options
    Zeta boba is something that can be run in almost any team and when he's super fast he puts down ability block and essentailly nullifies the opposing team's first turn. That's why I run him. Vader puts some DOTs down and occasionally hits hard with CB. Just don't understand the appeal