Zader in arena and rancor raid after update

Prev134
warmonkey
1314 posts Member
edited February 2017
Just did two battles in arena vs a team I beat earlier today twice. GK, chaze, zariss, zives. I got destroyed twice after update. Matches weren't even competitve. I couldn't even remove protection.

Not sure if zader is now bugged but he is not what I was lead to believe he was when I invested my only zeta on him last week.

Zader is no longer a top team after this "fix" I am personally pretty upset after all the time and effort I put into building this team based on info I found on this forum. Play him in arena top 5 before you think I'm exaggerating.

Replies

• Options
    He was bugged - he got fixed, not "fixed" but fixed (no quotes)

How can a tfp (or magma, vader or whoever else) remove tm from a non-target and you go WAI! This was discussed a lot on here lately...

Thats a pretty obvious bug to me, glad it got fixed...
  • Options
    He was bugged - he got fixed, not "fixed" but fixed (no quotes)

How can a tfp (or magma, vader or whoever else) remove tm from a non-target and you go WAI! This was discussed a lot on here lately...

Thats a pretty obvious bug to me, glad it got fixed...

That wasn't the change :neutral:
  • Options
    Although in rancor raid tfp def doesn't remove TM as aoe on basic anymore. I just did a quick test run vs pigs and it looks like that raid will still be fun :smiley:
  • TheFoxReDux
    255 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    That was one of the changes I hope, though not spelled out in the bug fixes... proly paralled the double tm removal bug fix. Everyone knew this was coming. If you are seeing a new bug then tell us what you think it is but Bug Zader is gone and now supposedly WAIandD Zader has arrived.
  • Options
    I'm slightly confused from reading all these semi coherent ramblings....

Apart from fixing the TFP bug - what has changed?
  • Options
    I sure wish zetas were like mods where we could move them around. Especially with getting about 1 a month. And doubly especially if unexpected changes happen to characters after you equip them and build and farm entire teams around that.
  • Options
    You guys are crazy, we just had 6 Zader rancor solos after the update
  • Options
    DragonWzd wrote: »
    Zader is worthless overall due to his deserved bug fix

Fixed that for u
  • Options
    DragonWzd wrote: »
    Zader is worthless overall due to his deserved bug fix

Fixed that for u

Very mature. Say the same crap for barriss?
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »

Please show me. Cause I used to solo, never taking a hit til p4. Now I get hit after 15% in p1. Do they have Jyn?
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »

Blasphemy! I can't even remove Tm from PvE toons...

• Options
    Many are assuming that everybody should have known about Zader performing in a way that wasn't intended, prior to purchasing his zeta upgrade. I would argue that a significant percentage of the people that purchased the zeta, don't visit there forums at all, so there would be no way for them to have known there was something wrong. Especially considering the capabilities of the most recently released characters and associated synergies. I would also argue that significantly more people have acquired only one or maybe two zetas since they were released, making them much less common than the echo chamber of these forums might suggest. This makes the decision to buy the Vader zeta much more significant. For these reasons, I think a refund would be appropriate and appreciated and changes that affect the effectiveness of something, to this degree, warrant one.
  • Options
    This seems worthy of an explanation why Vader was handled differently than Barriss - @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon @CG_TopHat
  • Darth_Amarth
    354 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Many are assuming that everybody should have known about Zader performing in a way that wasn't intended, prior to purchasing his zeta upgrade. I would argue that a significant percentage of the people that purchased the zeta, don't visit there forums at all, so there would be no way for them to have known there was something wrong. Especially considering the capabilities of the most recently released characters and associated synergies. I would also argue that significantly more people have acquired only one or maybe two zetas since they were released, making them much less common than the echo chamber of these forums might suggest. This makes the decision to buy the Vader zeta much more significant. For these reasons, I think a refund would be appropriate and appreciated and changes that affect the effectiveness of something, to this degree, warrant one.

The thing is that we thought he worked "as intended". See Palpatine for example. His leader ability benefits both, him and Vader because they're Empire and Sith. Having Vader and Palpating more chance to remove more TM was, in part, the appealing part of his Zeta. I agree that the TFP bug had to be fixed, but was the Empire+Sith bonus really a bug? Or more importantly, why they didn't told us it was a bug in the first place?
  • Options

The thing is that we thought he worked "as intended". See Palpatine for example. His leader ability benefits both, him and Vader because they're Empire and Sith.

This.
  • Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »

The thing is that we thought he worked "as intended". See Palpatine for example. His leader ability benefits both, him and Vader because they're Empire and Sith.

This.

I thought that was a cool feature the two sith lords shared in common since it was in both descriptions and both were released like that, until I didn't.
  • Options
    Quit crying over a bug fix.
  • Options
    We had 7 in our guild solo rancor heroic. P1 was much tougher, but the P2 onward seems easier
  • Options
    Argarath wrote: »
    We had 7 in our guild solo rancor heroic. P1 was much tougher, but the P2 onward seems easier

P2-4 were easier before the bug fix.
  • Options
    Not true, last few heroic rancor raids we were getting 1-2 soloers only out of all our zaders, this time all the zaders got their solo. I based on their feedback coz I do not have zader up and running yet
  • Options
    I am honestly confused. TFP, Sid, EP should all still be able to remove TM from all opponents using their AOE. The Zeta description of Vader reads "...when the damage an enemy" not target. So it only works on the primary target of an AOE now? If so, they should refund Zeta's as the description is incorrect. When they are using basic abilities, the TMR should only impact the target.

With respect to the Rancor. P1 was a beast after the update... if you clear it, P2-P4 were a breeze with Zader for multiple members in our guild, including me, who got their first solos, so something appears off
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Darth_Amarth
    354 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I am honestly confused. TFP, Sid, EP should all still be able to remove TM from all opponents using their AOE. The Zeta description of Vader reads "...when the damage an enemy" not target. So it only works on the primary target of an AOE now? If so, they should refund Zeta's as the description is incorrect. When they are using basic abilities, the TMR should only impact the target.

With respect to the Rancor. P1 was a beast after the update... if you clear it, P2-P4 were a breeze with Zader for multiple members in our guild, including me, who got their first solos, so something appears off

AoE attacks should remove TM as well. If not, then the ability doesn't work as intended (or it is described incorrectly). The issue with TFP is different, since he removed TM to secondary targets with his basic.
    Post edited by Darth_Amarth on
  • Options
    I didn't take 1 hit in p2-4, like many others in our guild

P1 took a couple more then normal
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    I sure wish zetas were like mods where we could move them around. Especially with getting about 1 a month. And doubly especially if unexpected changes happen to characters after you equip them and build and farm entire teams around that.

That's actually a good idea. Not as easily as mods but able to move.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Options
    @Darth_Amarth thanks. That is what I thought. I only ran Zader in Raids so never paid attention to the TFP turn removal on basic bug. Have to see how this plays out. Was planning on putting a Zeta on Sid and have three really fast AOE toons to pair with Zader to replace my Fett lead in the arena
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)