The Galactic Sith Players Discussion

Prev13456714
Durrun
1019 posts Member
Welcome! In light of the new sith toons released and the old ones being balanced it's time to start this ball rolling. Who's running sith, what's your plan for a team and how's it working for you?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Playing around with savages new ability I noticed something
    If he has 1 dot and another sith has say 7
    If he takes the dots from the sith with 7 he himself will only gain 1 of them
    So you don't have to worry about a Vader or boba using his passive to one shot him
  • I'm thinking either a zaul or a zihilus( is that right) lead. Zaul looks like it will work really well with with assassin due to constant stealthing so a good team could be
    Zaul
    Sith assassin
    Palpatine
    Nihilus
    Shoretrooper
    Or a zihilus team could be
    Zihilus
    Maul
    Sith trooper
    Palpatine
    Boba/b2/tfp/dooku/a lot of possibilities.

Keep in mind this is all speculation in what I think will work and sounds well on paper but I am still about 2 mont from a zeta so we'll see how things work out
  • Without seeing sith assassin in action I'm not sold on her yet...but I've been thinking...
    Nihilus (l)
    Palp
    Maul (with his unique omegad think of the health pool he will get)
    Sid/Vader
    Sith Trooper

I love the concept of these teams and can't wait to see them play out!
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    I personally think that Vader is going to either have to be leader or sit out. Unless he's leader for the tm reduction I just don't see him doing enough... thinking about the trooper a lot... he is very slow and is only going to get attacks with his counter, meaning that we have to keep him buff immune free... savage is a strong option that can pair well with the ohko of nihilus and keep trooper free( with good rng) of debuffs. Also I think dooku went up to a hugely strong character. Played against a low gear one on GW and he stunned or ability blocks very often
  • Just for fun I tried a Palp, Vader, dooku, Savage, and rg team in arena, to test out each one's new tweaks. I got demolished. Couldn't even take them out for a test ride. I guess I'll have to wait six months til I can zeta them all
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • I will run zaul, zideous, vader, palp, sith trooper.
  • I see some really funky health gains with Dooku and Maul under a Nihilus lead. The combined health steal, protection gains, protection-turned-to-health, max health gains, et cetera, are going to be an absolute nightmare if you allow Dooku and Maul to keep attacking. I'm thinking those three with two taunters or one taunt and one dispel would be sick.

Nihilus lead, Dooku, Maul, Baze, Deathrooper. Sick Arena team.

• Drax_77 wrote: »
    Without seeing sith assassin in action I'm not sold on her yet...but I've been thinking...
    Nihilus (l)
    Palp
    Maul (with his unique omegad think of the health pool he will get)
    Sid/Vader
    Sith Trooper

I love the concept of these teams and can't wait to see them play out!

I think with assassin will work really well under a zaul lead do to the constant stealthing he/she ( can't remember) will be receiving.

A thing to consider under a zaul lead will be that all the sith start off stealthed meaning that if you have 5 sith the stealth won't do much. although trooper won't stealth when he's taunting, he may still start the match with some.

Also, how to we abbreviate sith trooper.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I think Stpr will work. For trooper. With stpr omega he starts with defense so he will taunt as soon as any sith specials. Meaning that the taunt is as fast as your fastest toon. Under maul leader he's basically instant taunt. Dooku has the second fastest speed base in game so if he's under maul no one... no one... is going before you and you start with taunt
  • Maul will also be a good counter to zooku and other teams with his daze
  • Love this update! Not running a full sith squad, I'm pretty dedicated to getting rank 1. I'm going all in on nihlus. Planning on running him under a zaul lead. With palp, the enemies are going to be crippled at the beginning, stun, and cooldown increase before they move! Unlocking him in a week I suppose?
  • Hi!i got sith trooper to g7 instantly (need those mk 8 discs) and he is very good i must admit that im impressed with him,and im saving gear for nihilus and assassin,both seem pretty cool,i am planning to run
    Nihilus leader(he will be g9 the moment i get him if i get lucky and see a mk v droid caller in shipments)

Maul (i have him geared and unique omega)

Sith trooper

Palps(i think he will function very well,but open to ideas)

Dont know about the 5th member,any idea @durrun?i think assassin or savage will be good in here,or even sidious
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • I'm tempted to try it. I've got SO at Gear X, Palp at Gear XI. Sid is 7* and wouldn't be that much of a grind to gear x and I'm working on Maul. My Vader needs a good bit of work too. Both are around Gear 8. Vader 6* and working on getting Maul to 5*.

No Dooku though.
  • My current sith are: Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, Savage Opress, Count Dooku, and Emperor Palpatine. Will any of these characters stack well with the new sith coming up in arena? Who should I focus on getting up, as they are all pretty low gear?
  • Sordyn
    37 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Palpatine first without a doubt, fairly easy to gear and Great Sith and Empire synergy, Vader's probably next best easy on the gear also and good utility but not really a damage monster unless you Zeta him. Dooku and Savage are again easy to gear and fairly on par, but ones squishy and the other tanky, hard to call who's better at the moment as either character isn't seeing high level play at the moment ( I think Savage may be the sleeper hit ). Sideous is hard to gear and really only gets going at G10 when he's starts getting some potency.
  • i run zaul, ep, vader, rex, and baze. I want to get Nihulus and zeta him but not sure who to drop. I get the feeling vader has to go. I still want to know if annhiliate is per special or per toon. hoping for former expecting the latter.

• No one has any advice for me?
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Currently running the following with real good success.

Zader
    Palp
    ST
    Sidious
    Tfp

My sith trooper is already max abilities and g10 and when paired with a fast sid he is like an auto taunt and his increased defense makes him soak hits.

Once it's his turn pop the AoE offense and watch him still hit for 4K through protection.

If you were to focus as many offense mods on him under a nihilus lead I could see him hitting for 7-10k through protection on counters and gain all that HP back
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Currently running the following with real good success.

Zader
    Palp
    ST
    Sidious
    Tfp

My sith trooper is already max abilities and g10 and when paired with a fast sid he is like an auto taunt and his increased defense makes him soak hits.

Once it's his turn pop the AoE offense and watch him still hit for 4K through protection.

If you were to focus as many offense mods on him under a nihilus lead I could see him hitting for 7-10k through protection on counters and gain all that HP back

if i run zaul with baze why go with sith trooper over him? I dont see much of an upgrade.

• I'm 2 weeks away, but planning to run this soon: zaul (L), sith trooper, palp, zboba, kenobi. Not a true sith team I know, but I think it will tear my arena into shreds... and I cannot wait <starts cackling>
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Bt_7274 wrote: »
    Hi!i got sith trooper to g7 instantly (need those mk 8 discs) and he is very good i must admit that im impressed with him,and im saving gear for nihilus and assassin,both seem pretty cool,i am planning to run
    Nihilus leader(he will be g9 the moment i get him if i get lucky and see a mk v droid caller in shipments)

Maul (i have him geared and unique omega)

Sith trooper

Palps(i think he will function very well,but open to ideas)

Dont know about the 5th member,any idea @durrun?i think assassin or savage will be good in here,or even sidious

In regards to a 5th toon, with nihilus leader it might be best to get a non sith for cleanse, healing immunity is going to ruin nihilis teams, I personally think that general kenobi could be good for cleanse and counter attacks, foresight for dodges too. But I also think dooku is a monster now and should be considered for any lineup.. till we get our hands on assassin and see how she plays I'm not sure about her
  • chezhead wrote: »
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    Currently running the following with real good success.

Zader
    Palp
    ST
    Sidious
    Tfp

if i run zaul with baze why go with sith trooper over him? I dont see much of an upgrade.

He has his perks it just depends on team
    Comp.

If you're running a majority of sith he is a better option for sure, especially considering he is the RG+shore trooper fusion for sith.

Plus if you're running sith assasin it could make
    For some interesting plays ignoring all that protection.

His defense up is better than baze because it allows him to take a decent amount of damage
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Stpr has the potential to be the tankiest character in the game with good mods, under zaul he will basically start with instant taunt like shoretrooper, he is slow so it's unlikely to get his special off much but if you do and get offense down, it's likely that a normally 13k crit from say anakin, will hit him for around 4K... rough estimate but it's close. He's gonna be a monster to try to chew through
  • Durrun wrote: »
    Stpr has the potential to be the tankiest character in the game with good mods, under zaul he will basically start with instant taunt like shoretrooper, he is slow so it's unlikely to get his special off much but if you do and get offense down, it's likely that a normally 13k crit from say anakin, will hit him for around 4K... rough estimate but it's close. He's gonna be a monster to try to chew through

unless other team has a decent tfp then you are hosed. at least with baze his taunt is already up. TFP cant remove that. if tfp goes before palp which is likely then Stpr cant get his taunt up.

i just don't see a huge upside to replace him unless you plan on adding all 3 sith to a zaul lead.

nihulus seems to be the most op and assasin has the most synergy with zaul.

• @Durrun you think zaul is better or nihilus?i figured that a full sith team under zaul is also very good,cuz stealth and tm dont affect stpr
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    I'm personally planning on running zaul, the Insta tm gain and dodges means if I run dooku who is 3 speed slower than tie pilot, with the tm boost no one will possibly get to go before dooku. Meaning that Stpr omega giving him defense up at start gives him insta taunt solving @chezhead concern about insta taunt.
    I'm already running zaul in arena and holding well so I'm thinking my squad might be
    Zaul
    Ep
    Dooku
    Sith Tpr
    And nihilus
  • chezhead
    221 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    @Durrun that makes sense. leveling 2 new characters for this meta would suck though. i just hate dooku so much from going against him in GW so much. I have trouble using him.

only thing you are missing is a cleanser and someone to give you tenacity buff. thats why i dont know how to get rid of rex without gimping my zaul team so much. there is no perfect team though.
  • Zanhaep
    358 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm going to run a zMaul (L), Assassin, Palp, Nihilus and zBarriss comp.

Speed mod Assassin, she goes first and uses Dark Shroud, giving the 4 Sith 48 36% TM. Maul and Palp AoE, allowing Nihilus to cooldown his Annihilate quickly. Barriss is there for heals and cleanses, and could probably be switched out for someone else
    Post edited by Zanhaep on
  • @Durrun thanx for starting this, a much needed thread after Patch. This is what I'm excited to try out.

Maul L
    EP
    Nihulus
    dooku
    Barris

Zeta on Maul Barris and Dooku

I'm with @Durrun on Dooku being a monster now I have some work to do before my Dooku is rdy

Thoughs? Not sure if need SithTrooper in there or not
  • Zanhaep wrote: »
    I'm going to run a zMaul (L), Assassin, Palp, Nihilus and zBarriss comp.

Speed mod Assassin, she goes first and uses Dark Shroud, giving the 4 Sith 48% TM. Maul and Palp AoE, allowing Nihilus to cooldown his Annihilate quickly. Barriss is there for heals and cleanses, and could probably be switched out for someone else

I Like Barris as 5th under Maul lead as well just makes it so that a bunch of awesome stuff is happening when your team gets crit