Did Anyone Else's Squad Arena Change?

After the update yesterday I noticed several new players in the top 50 of my arena shard. When I say several, I mean that about 50% of the top 50 is changed to players that I've never seen before, including a few in the top 10. I know that they said that they would alert us if there was a shard consolidation, but I'm not sure that there could possibly be another reason for this.

Anyone else notice a similar shift in the overnight squad rankings?

Replies

• Options
    Not on our shard.
  • Options
    I just counted, and of the top 50, at least 29 are new names. Possibly more. I check this pretty regularly too. And the strength of some of these squads makes it impossible that they wouldn't have been in there previously. I'm on a newish shard (June 2016) and players with full rebel squads all at gear XI don't just appear overnight.

I don't mind the competition at all, but some transparency would be nice
  • Options
    I think we change shards when we advance in power and arena rank. I never check the names of the guys in arena but I remarked that when I've geared up JKA to 11. I could rank everyday easily between 30-50 and now it's hard to reach 50.
  • Options
    I had the same thing happen to me about 6 weeks ago (Aug/Sep 2016 shard):

I placed around 50 - 100 so I could see who was around the top 100 (and usually check every other day). Within the space of a couple of days about 15 (IIRC) teams showed up with maxxed Chaze or maxxed Shoretrooper. I'd seen neither up to this point (including 3/4*). It's possible but unlikely that they'd been idle. Either way, most of these teams have disappeared/changed lineups now

• Options
    Pseudot wrote: »
    I just counted, and of the top 50, at least 29 are new names. Possibly more. I check this pretty regularly too. And the strength of some of these squads makes it impossible that they wouldn't have been in there previously. I'm on a newish shard (June 2016) and players with full rebel squads all at gear XI don't just appear overnight.

I don't mind the competition at all, but some transparency would be nice

They have been transparent - they've stated several times that they do not combine shards or move players to other shards. Players change names, change guilds and try to new teams all the time.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*