Foresight bugs or WAI?: TFP abilty block and basic, Dooku lightning stun, Sun Fac debuffs, etc.

Prev1
StormTro0p3R_H
1643 posts Member
edited February 2017
Post update TIE Pilot continues to be able to Ability Block through zQGJ foresight at the beginning of battles.

Nothing in the ability description gives reason as to why this is happening. No reason this couldn't have been fixed when they fixed his Zader bug...
Post edited by StormTro0p3R_H on

Replies

• Brownie
    298 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    He also removes foresight from all toons under ZGJ, by using his basic attack (under Zader). LOL...
  • That they supposedly fixed but haven't experienced post update.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I looks like foresight is consumed to prevent the damage and then ability block lands since foresight is gone.

I know sun fac will still apply crit down through dodge. Looks like inconsistency for when a debuff can and should stick.
  • That they supposedly fixed but haven't experienced post update.

I just experienced it in arena less than an hour ago.
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    I looks like foresight is consumed to prevent the damage and then ability block lands since foresight is gone.

Sure, but what's with the layered ability timing seperate from damage? Does his ability not read similar to Boba? Who has it all dodged...

Not just Boba but every other damage dealing debuff I've seen except for TIE Pilots ( Vader and Cad are different...)
  • Brownie wrote: »
    He also removes foresight from all toons under ZGJ, by using his basic attack (under Zader). LOL...

It isn't Zader lead that makes TFP remove foresight.

His kit checks for debuffs in order to give him foresight. If a toon has a debuff, they will dodge his "check". I'm not sure if this lowers HIS chance of getting foresight or not but it definitely gets rid of theirs.
    That they supposedly fixed but haven't experienced post update.

I just experienced it in arena less than an hour ago.

Great :neutral:
  • I had this same happen with dooku's lightning. He stunned through foresight today.

His kit checks for debuffs in order to give him foresight. If a toon has a debuff, they will dodge his "check". I'm not sure if this lowers HIS chance of getting foresight or not but it definitely gets rid of theirs.

I know, just making sure I presented all the facts for which the bug happened...thats all

So this guy is a ridiculous bugged-out counter to a zQGJ....bugs from an easily farmed toon wrecking a zeta ability....but it's Sith month so let's not worry about this...

So this guy is a ridiculous bugged-out counter to a zQGJ....bugs from an easily farmed toon wrecking a zeta ability....but it's Sith month so let's not worry about this...

Well, the funny part is, they literally just checked this to make sure that he wasn't removing turn meter from everyone, but they didn't check to see if any other bugs were present?
  • Magma's basic aslo strips foresight from an entire zQGJ team. But as far as I knew, that was WAI for TFP? I recall a mention where AB is applied after the physical attack. I could be wrong
  • gunff wrote: »
    I had this same happen with dooku's lightning. He stunned through foresight today.

What?!? All this Zader refund talk isn't as valid as a zQGJ refund if a plethora of other characters' bugs render your zeta obsolete.

Obsolete to bugs...not better zeta abilities...bugs...
  • Magma's basic aslo strips foresight from an entire zQGJ team. But as far as I knew, that was WAI for TFP? I recall a mention where AB is applied after the physical attack. I could be wrong

WAI because of how the ability is worded? How about B2 which clearly states his debuffs are applied after damage is applied? B2 whiffs on all of it. So either B2 needs fixed (by which zQGJ is garbage) or TFP needs fixed.
  • gunff wrote: »
    I had this same happen with dooku's lightning. He stunned through foresight today.

What?!? All this Zader refund talk isn't as valid as a zQGJ refund if a plethora of other characters' bugs render your zeta obsolete.

Obsolete to bugs...not better zeta abilities...bugs...

Well part of it is an issue with foresight in general, tons of toons abilities land through foresight. Sun Fac has been that way since day 1.

WAI because of how the ability is worded? How about B2 which clearly states his debuffs are applied after damage is applied? B2 whiffs on all of it. So either B2 needs fixed (by which zQGJ is garbage) or TFP needs fixed.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/b2-super-battle-droid/

B2 specifically states it does Buff Immunity is applied before damage
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    Brownie wrote: »

This will also increase gg tm from tactical manuerving if you use tfp basic on gg.

You took time off or something bruh? @IAmYourFather

• Jay_cube1 wrote: »
    Magma's basic aslo strips foresight from an entire zQGJ team. But as far as I knew, that was WAI for TFP? I recall a mention where AB is applied after the physical attack. I could be wrong

You took time off or something bruh? @IAmYourFather

Only from the Forums - been so busy with TeamSkunk lately, I haven't had much of a chance to come here

Reading comprehension failure on my part.

Counters my erroneous argument but not why countless toons have debuffs in their abilities and some apply them before or with damage while others apply it after damage...when all are worded similarly.

It is obvious by the bug what is happening: debuff after damage and the damage removes foresight. It is not obvious from the ability wording of TFP, Dooku, or Sun Fac that this is any different from, say, Anakin's or Lumi's abilities ..
  • Software architecture can be a pain in the derriere. It would seem obvious to me that foresight should prevent all the effects of an avoidable attack, but then you've got characters like Vader that can launch unavoidable attacks that ignore foresight, so coding that up can get gnarly. Too many IF statements can get confusing!

I agree that TFP should not remove foresight when he scans the field for debuffs to see how much damage he can do and how fast he can go. The field survey should NOT count as an attack. But I like that it does when I'm battling zQGJ!

Reading comprehension failure on my part.

Counters my erroneous argument but not why countless toons have debuffs in their abilities and some apply them before or with damage while others apply it after damage...when all are worded similarly.

It is obvious by the bug what is happening: debuff after damage and the damage removes foresight. It is not obvious from the ability wording of TFP, Dooku, or Sun Fac that this is any different from, say, Anakin's or Lumi's abilities ..

I still think there's a bug in there somewhere. Some debuff after stripping foresight, and some don't. They really should include this in the ability description, much like they did with B2
  • Hmm, I haven't seen this yet. I have my Yoda modded to throw tenacity up before tfp takes a turn. I'll slow him down and see what else procs through foresight.
  • Just imagine this, especially in light of other zeta issues we've had recently:

They clearly label, with correct wording, in the ability descriptions which debuffs would be applied after damage, i.e. after foresight is cleared allowing the debuff to stick.

Who would zeta QGJ knowing that despite TFP's AoE damage being dodged, he can still Ability Block Yoda? Or that Dooku would still be able to stun one or two of your guys?

Sure...make Yoda faster is quite easy, we all know that, but that's only for the start of the fight. Mid battle you're getting hosed by either bugs or misinformation...
  • We need confirmation whether these things happen when they are regularly dodged or if it is specifically foresight that is the issue. Can anyone help with that?
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    We need confirmation whether these things happen when they are regularly dodged or if it is specifically foresight that is the issue. Can anyone help with that?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/891232/#Comment_891232
    Hiya!
    We've run whether dispel can be Resisted to our team and received confirmation that Dispel cannot be Resisted but the attack can be Dodged or Deflected if the ability deals Physical or Special damage as well (aside from the dispel), in which case all the effects of that ability will fail to apply.

Looks like it should be an all or nothing dodge/deflection.
  • By what the foresight ability states it well should be all or nothing: 100% chance to dodge.

I think the bugs may have entered when they changed Foresight the first time to keep accuracy from reducing it. Regardless, the Foresight bug greatly reduces the effectiveness of zQGJ. I'd imagine if it were a Sith leader ability it would have been fixed by now :(
  • By what the foresight ability states it well should be all or nothing: 100% chance to dodge.

I think the bugs may have entered when they changed Foresight the first time to keep accuracy from reducing it. Regardless, the Foresight bug greatly reduces the effectiveness of zQGJ. I'd imagine if it were a Sith leader ability it would have been fixed by now :(

Let's obnoxiously demand a refund like those Zader guys.
  • @CG_Kozispoon I see that specifically Sun Fac's application of crit chance down happening to Rey when she has Foresight is currently being investigated. Please note that it is a Foresight issue in general, not just specific to Rey, and that many other debuffs that have been mentioned in this thread are applying through Foresight, not just specific to Sun Fac's.

Thank you!!
  • Today i was able to deal physical dmg through foresight provided by GK