Healing Immunity blocks boba's zeta?

Prev13
Now healing Immunity blocks boba's zeta skill to recover protection. It's absolutely terrible. Boba's Zeta is very hard to get a chance to work now. what do you think?

Replies

• Yeah, I think they will rework Boba Zeta to make it impossible to block, like his Resolve.
  • This was included in the bug fixes for the last update. Healing immunity now stops protection recovery.
  • GA_Phoenix
    368 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Its okay! Every regeneration Zeta has an conter. Shock/Daze Sid and his Zetaeffect (TM gain) will not work. Zarris and Z-Krooper is also effectet by Healing immunity (and shock?). Boba is not alone ^^
  • If that's the case then his Zeta is next to useless.

He almost always has shock or healing immunity when he goes down.

Very disappointing. I was considering putting my first Zeta on him.
  • Malthael
    972 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    The same should be happening to Zeta kylo then?
    Can someone confirm that? Thinking of zeta'ing him

p.s. and dooku?
  • Malthael wrote: »
    The same should be happening to Zeta kylo then?
    Can someone confirm that? Thinking of zeta'ing him

p.s. and dooku?

Don't know about dooku but Kylo is blocked. It basically halves the value of his zeta.
  • Would love to get dev confirmation about this WAI before using a zeta only to have the ability changed, as has happened twice now
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Would love to get dev confirmation about this WAI before using a zeta only to have the ability changed, as has happened twice now

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP

My guess is yes, this is wai. Everything has a counter.
  • Crap, I just zeta'd Boba. Nooooooooooooooooooo!
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • lol i farmed Kylo like mad just to find out his zeta is next to useless now.

GREAT
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Jyn, Cody, Krennic Lead zeta
    Boba, Kylo Unique Zeta
    all affected by this.

Dooku zeta also affected, I don't count Dooku because his zeta released same time as the update/change to healing immunity
  • This change really only affects AAT Enrage. If you're hitting Enrage you're usually doing pretty **** good until then. There's some other areas of the game where healing immunity can make an impact, but I find it negligible. It's a non-issue, IMO.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • scuba wrote: »
    Jyn, Cody, Krennic Lead zeta
    Boba, Kylo Unique Zeta
    all affected by this.

Dooku zeta also affected, I don't count Dooku because his zeta released same time as the update/change to healing immunity

This. It's a big deal - especially for Boba, whom many use and likely have or were planning to Zeta.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ava_Kdizzle
    844 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I have boba zeta'd and this change doesn't really bother me. You just need to know that when you kill a character, make sure he doesn't have heal immunity/shock. Those abilities are still pretty rare, so it works well. And to the guy above who said when boba dies, he usually has heal immunity on him, that isn't how the zeta works. The zeta gives him full protection whenever he kills an opponent, when he is killed he revives with 100% health and zero protection.

Also, this mechanic makes sense. You could just as easily make the argument that it was a bug where the character with heal immunity was able to recover protection and that heal immunity as a skill was not WAI this whole time since it had very little value against characters that regenerate protection.

I don't agree with everything the devs do (looking at you, citadel packs), but this last round of updates was fantastic and they are making the right moves for the moment.
  • I have boba zeta'd and this change doesn't really bother me. You just need to know that when you kill a character, make sure he doesn't have heal immunity/shock. Those abilities are still pretty rare, so it works well. And to the guy above who said when boba dies, he usually has heal immunity on him, that isn't how the zeta works. The zeta gives him full protection whenever he kills an opponent, when he is killed he revives with 100% health and zero protection.

Also, this mechanic makes sense. You could just as easily make the argument that it was a bug where the character with heal immunity was able to recover protection and that heal immunity as a skill was not WAI this whole time since it had very little value against characters that regenerate protection.

I don't agree with everything the devs do (looking at you, citadel packs), but this last round of updates was fantastic and they are making the right moves for the moment.

+1. I don't regret putting a Zeta on Boba as well. It's so much fun to do the easy GW nodes with him alone xD
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Edit: DOH!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Just looking at Zoba's Protection Recovery mechanics, no where does it mention that 100% Protection Recovery can be blocked by debuffs. IMO, it'll still return even if he has healing immunity on him. The mechanic is extremely similar to his BHR mechanic, and healing immunity doesn't prevent him from reviving (I personally found this to be true during AAT Enrage last night). Check it:

IMG_9987.png

scuba would be a good one to investigate further.

You have to look at the heal immunity debuff. It was changed to block "protection_recovery"

vIOamUt.png
  • Thx @scuba! Makes total sense.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • xdecide wrote: »
    lol i farmed Kylo like mad just to find out his zeta is next to useless now.

GREAT

LOL I love people like this. Reminds me of when they fixed 5's basic attack from always attacking twice because of the speed debuff thing. The kids were all like "OMG 5's is worthless now!" They did it just to upset you by the way, everyone else is just collateral damage. You are the target.
  • DrewR
    272 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I am surprise ppl haven't sick of Boba yet.
    Lets see..........Rebels with Boba, EP with Boba, Maul with Boba, Droids with Boba, Boba Lead with Boba, Boba tea with Boba and extra Boba for $1.........
  • I think the change could be focused on ships, since so many complain about Republic fleets
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    EA giveth and EA taketh. just part of the norm guys, they dont want toons to be too overpowered. cant have the dark side beat the light!
  • Every time I read one of these threads, I move one step closer to not Zeta'ng anyone. Maybe in 6 or 8 months. Too new, too many disappointments. I'll go back to getting my gear levels up on all of my activated toons.
  • That feeling when you just put 2 zetas on kylo and boba and then found all this.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    I think the change could be focused on ships, since so many complain about Republic fleets

Pretty sure there is only 1 ship that infilicts HI, Kylo Command shuttle.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    i Zeta'd Kylo yesterday and this really worsens Kylo's Zeta but I don't regret the zeta upgrade (since my kylo alone can solo P1 of HAAT without any problems)

Yes, Kylo suffers from Arena now but changes happen to the game and some are beneficial and some are not. I know what I was doing when I chose my Zeta. It wasn't the best possible choice. It wasn't a bug exploit but stuff happens. Characters get reworked, abilities change, sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad.

I just really love Kylo Ren its the very first toon i gunned for when I started the game and geared him up and tried him in Arena until i had to unfortunately replace him with the rebels meta. I don't regret my decision. Kylo is still a beast if he is under healing immunity and its not like he's under that debuff 100% of the time. Same can be said about Boba Fett

I just hope healing doesn't recover protection like say Wedge Lead or Emperor lead
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    scuba wrote: »
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    I think the change could be focused on ships, since so many complain about Republic fleets

Pretty sure there is only 1 ship that infilicts HI, Kylo Command shuttle.

Ya, and it was released in the same update as the healing immunity change. I don't think healing immunity would have any use in ships if it only prevented healing
  • i think people need to understand that zeta uniques are not meant to be as powerful game changers as leader zetas.

cody goes from a non useable toon to an OP toon in raids and decent in arena. 5s unique zeta is ok.

if uniques were all meta then everyone would be able to run crazy teams.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    chezhead wrote: »
    i think people need to understand that zeta uniques are not meant to be as powerful game changers as leader zetas.

cody goes from a non useable toon to an OP toon in raids and decent in arena. 5s unique zeta is ok.

if uniques were all meta then everyone would be able to run crazy teams.

I agree! If the cost was half. If the cost is the same, they should have the same impact, relatively speaking.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • chezhead
    221 posts Member
    edited February 2017

i think the extra cost is due to the fact its usable in any configuration. that makes it more valuable/costly even though its less powerful.
This discussion has been closed.