Replies

• Wai
    124 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP
    Please clarify for us so that everyone is clear if it's WAI, thx
  • Wai wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_CapGaSP
    Please clarify for us so that everyone is clear if it's WAI, thx

Surely shock should also prevent protection heal, is this also a bug?
  • Wai
    124 posts Member
    I think boba's case is slightly different from other zeta, like cody. Clone team can keep recovering protection everytime they use their basic. However, boba usually only have one chance or even None that he defeats a unit in a arena. Now it limits that he recovers the protection, what is the point of his zeta now?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    Nabbing one of our designers to lay down some breakdown.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Healing Immunity blocks all forms of healing, both Health and Protection. Shock blocks only Health (and buffs and bonus Turn Meter) and does not affect Protection.
  • Healing immunity Debuff should prevent healing. Preventing protection regen with the same mechanic is nothing short of a blanket nerf to characters that can regen protection. But CG will neither admit, nor correct the fact that they just nerfed a bunch of characters. Because...well, CG doesn't care about being honest and transparent with the player base.

Why bother having both health and protection if you're just going to treat them as though they are the same thing? It's stoopid.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Healing immunity Debuff should prevent healing. Preventing protection regen with the same mechanic is nothing short of a blanket nerf to characters that can regen protection. But CG will neither admit, nor correct the fact that they just nerfed a bunch of characters. Because...well, CG doesn't care about being honest and transparent with the player base.

Why bother having both health and protection if you're just going to treat them as though they are the same thing? It's stoopid.

Just because the result is not what you wanted doesn't mean the developers are being dishonest.

You are HEALING protection, and HEALING immunity should prevent that from happening.
    Healing immunity Debuff should prevent healing. Preventing protection regen with the same mechanic is nothing short of a blanket nerf to characters that can regen protection. But CG will neither admit, nor correct the fact that they just nerfed a bunch of characters. Because...well, CG doesn't care about being honest and transparent with the player base.

Just because the result is not what you wanted doesn't mean the developers are being dishonest.

You are HEALING protection, and HEALING immunity should prevent that from happening.

Agreed. Now that there is a clear answer, accept the rules and learn from them. Really, only ambiguity is an issue. Clarity should be reveled.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Nebulous wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »

Agreed. Now that there is a clear answer, accept the rules and learn from them. Really, only ambiguity is an issue. Clarity should be reveled.

Lesson learned hord all your zetas!
  • Healing Immunity blocks all forms of healing, both Health and Protection. Shock blocks only Health (and buffs and bonus Turn Meter) and does not affect Protection.
    Thanks for the explanation. But this is clearly a change to how things have been working. Why was this even necessary?
  • scuba wrote: »

Lesson learned hord all your zetas!

All of them! I have a hard policy of get to 40 and that counts as zero. When I get to 60, that is 1 to spend.
  • I'm glad that healing immunity became useful.

Which meta heroes actually apply healing immunity anyway that people would be so upset they'd suggest Boba has been nerfed? Using Ani in Arena is just asking to be targeted by all of the Sith/Empire teams running around now.
  • NahWillis wrote: »
    Which meta heroes actually apply healing immunity anyway

https://swgoh.gg/characters/f/healing-immunity/

But, ironically, HEALERS can't HEAL protection. I'm glad we got official clarification....even if it makes no sense whatsoever and is completely inconsistent with previous explanations about how protection and health are completely separate. :/

And no, my complaint about inconsistency had nothing to do with my team....I actually runa Sith team with Sid. So this actually makes my team better....but I still think it's incredibly inconsistent.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nebulous wrote: »

A garbage answer is what it is. "Healing" has never had anything to do with protection, that's why there was a differentiation in the first place.

Since protection was introduced, a character's health pool and it's protection have always acted independently of each other. Now, out of the blue, protection regeneration falls under the umbrella of healing? Ironically it coincides with a time when Sid and Kylo are both sitting first class of this month's gravy train.

If they released a character tomorrow that's abilities include protection regen blocking, what can you say? Yes, there's an expected counter to every counter so it would be on the user to read and react to the situation. But this. This is just another bait and switch, stealth nerf, whatever you choose to call it. I call it a slap in the face because I have a Zeta'd Boba. When I decided to put it on him, a random character's basic wouldn't 100% neutralize it, yet today it does. At least Kylo can dish it out himself as well as have the increased damage benefit. With Boba, protection regen IS his Zeta ability.

These guys need to make this right by re-thinking this new mechanic or refunding the Zetas for Boba. With as arduous as it is to unlock and farm Zetas people take them pretty seriously, as they should.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

But, ironically, HEALERS can't HEAL protection. I'm glad we got official clarification....even if it makes no sense whatsoever and is completely inconsistent with previous explanations about how protection and health are completely separate. :/

And no, my complaint about inconsistency had nothing to do with my team....I actually runa Sith team with Sid. So this actually makes my team better....but I still think it's incredibly inconsistent.

^It's totally inconsistent and ironic. If health and protection suffers the same result with heal immunity, then healers should heal both. That's what you called consistency. Not some explanation you pulled out of the blue when things were explained differently in earlier times.

Clarity obviously isn't a strong point here.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Wait, so...
    Boba is zeta, recovers all protection upon rez
    Boba has healing immunity when he dies
    Boba rez should clear debuffs
    Boba has no protection even with zeta?

This what I'm reading?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    Wait, so...

This what I'm reading?

Nope. Boba's zeta brings 100% protection when he offs someone. If he has healing immunity on him when he whacks that toon, he doesn't regain his protection.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    CleverWes wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Wait, so...

This what I'm reading?

Nope. Boba's zeta brings 100% protection when he offs someone. If he has healing immunity on him when he whacks that toon, he doesn't regain his protection.

Got it. Misunderstanding of zeta ability on my part.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
    NahWillis wrote: »
    Which meta heroes actually apply healing immunity anyway

https://swgoh.gg/characters/f/healing-immunity/

that list is missing jedi knight anakin
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Faff2D2 wrote: »

A garbage answer is what it is. "Healing" has never had anything to do with protection, that's why there was a differentiation in the first place.

Since protection was introduced, a character's health pool and it's protection have always acted independently of each other. Now, out of the blue, protection regeneration falls under the umbrella of healing? Ironically it coincides with a time when Sid and Kylo are both sitting first class of this month's gravy train.

If they released a character tomorrow that's abilities include protection regen blocking, what can you say? Yes, there's an expected counter to every counter so it would be on the user to read and react to the situation. But this. This is just another bait and switch, stealth nerf, whatever you choose to call it. I call it a slap in the face because I have a Zeta'd Boba. When I decided to put it on him, a random character's basic wouldn't 100% neutralize it, yet today it does. At least Kylo can dish it out himself as well as have the increased damage benefit. With Boba, protection regen IS his Zeta ability.

These guys need to make this right by re-thinking this new mechanic or refunding the Zetas for Boba. With as arduous as it is to unlock and farm Zetas people take them pretty seriously, as they should.

Kylo's "gravy" train is about protection. So it would affect him too? Perhaps it's the wording. What if they changed it to regeneration block? Would that make it better?

Ultimately, it's how they have defined the rule. I'm not arguing whether the rule is good or bad or even if the rule is wrong or right, I am saying the definition is explicitly known and we can now accept it and begin to adapt or not.
  • Putting a zeta on boba is useless any way. I was fighting a boba and was surprised when I saw his protection go back up and was a bit worried for a second but it was as if it didn't even go back up cause it made no difference what so ever.

Don't waste your zeta on boba.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

THIS

• Nebulous wrote: »
    Faff2D2 wrote: »

Kylo's "gravy" train is about protection. So it would affect him too? Perhaps it's the wording. What if they changed it to regeneration block? Would that make it better?

Ultimately, it's how they have defined the rule. I'm not arguing whether the rule is good or bad or even if the rule is wrong or right, I am saying the definition is explicitly known and we can now accept it and begin to adapt or not.

If there were multiple characters that had regeneration block when people chose to Zeta Boba or Kylo then there would be nothing to discuss. Now that they have introduced this mechanic change, we can now accept and adapt but that doesn't help those that paid 40,000 units of arguably the game's most premium currency under essentially false pretenses. As they did with Barriss, the right thing to do would be to refund the Zetas to those affected by this change (Boba, Kylo, Cody, Jyn, Dooku) and let them decide whether to re-invest.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    Putting a zeta on boba is useless any way. I was fighting a boba and was surprised when I saw his protection go back up and was a bit worried for a second but it was as if it didn't even go back up cause it made no difference what so ever.

Don't waste your zeta on boba.

Zeta Boba is not going to help you on defense. Not much does. Under player control he's a monster. At least he was a monster.
  • I have boba zeta'd and this change doesn't really bother me. You just need to know that when you kill a character, make sure he doesn't have heal immunity/shock. Those abilities are still pretty rare, so it works well. And to the guy above who said when boba dies, he usually has heal immunity on him, that isn't how the zeta works. The zeta gives him full protection whenever he kills an opponent, when he is killed he revives with 100% health and zero protection.

Also, this mechanic makes sense. You could just as easily make the argument that it was a bug where the character with heal immunity was able to recover protection and that heal immunity as a skill was not WAI this whole time since it had very little value against characters that regenerate protection.

I don't agree with everything the devs do (looking at you, citadel packs), but this last round of updates was fantastic and they are making the right moves for the moment.

Thanks for clarifying @Ava_Kdizzle
    I've misunderstood how the Zeta works the whole time, whoops.
  • Buff immunity blocks also his unique. is that correct?
  • Faff2D2 wrote: »

This time a million.
  • So if "healing" immunity blocks regaining protection, why doesn't "healing" specials affect protection.

Likewise why doesn't the description say "Heals 100% protection" instead of "recovers".

I don't have him zeta'd but it's pretty cheesy to be changing things that have huge impacts on zeta abilities when they are so incredibly hard to obtain.

Mistakes and bugs happen, own them and refund the zeta. It's not like people are gaining something they didn't earn.
  • It was probably easier to implement a change like this than to sort through the spaghetti that is their code in order to implement a different effect.
This discussion has been closed.