Need to adjust the way team power level is calculated

Right now team power is a simple addition function; just add up the individual power of the individual toons in the team. That completely ignores the sometimes astounding bonuses that synergy stacks up. It's why a 45k point team with no synergy can get plowed under by a team of 35k. So really, there needs to be some sort of algorithm for computing modifers for synergy. For example, if Wedge and Biggs are together, bump their power scores by 15% or something similar.

Just a thought.

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I agree. It makes things more unbalanced in Galactic War in particular. I always run into teams on the final node that includes Vader and 3 tanks. Tank characters get a much more greater power level than DPS for the same gear level. I also think speed needs increase gear level more, as they give a lot of extra true power with all the speed mods.
  • Options
    Why
  • Options
    Why not?
  • Options
    I think once you play enough you can recognize the slight (or major) differences in team and individual pwr ratings. I don't think adding values for synergies is needed for the quick reference tool that it is by showing the player those values in the first place.
  • Options
    b808k wrote: »
    I think once you play enough you can recognize the slight (or major) differences in team and individual pwr ratings. I don't think adding values for synergies is needed for the quick reference tool that it is by showing the player those values in the first place.

It would really only be useful for GW, where the teams you face towards the end are based on a % of the arena team with the highest power that you've used and won with. So if the teams you faced had synergy built into power it would make the GW more fair for people.