Are the"bug fixes" and mechanics changes that effect Zeta abilities done?

Prev1
RAYRAY
2761 posts Member
This patch introduced many "bug fixes" and changes to the mechanics of the game that affect how some zetas work. We have had several discussions around the bug fixes to Vader's zeta, but fewer discussions around how the change to "healing" immunity completely negates Boba's, Kylo's and to a lesser extent, Jyn's and Dooku's zeta abilities (and probably others). I wonder if these "fixes" are done and we can now wisely plan the use of the most difficult resource in the game, knowing all the facts? If these changes are done for the most part (aside from any other bugs that pop up) isn't it the right thing to do to refund ALL zeta abilities including mats and credits and allow people to choose wisely knowing all the facts?

P.S. Don't give credits! IMO Zarris refunds shouldn't have included those at all, that was an unecessary bonehead move obviously meant to prevent a revolt from the people that were using zarriss in arena (they even named the cheese team after themselves).
☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV

Replies

• StormTro0p3R_H
    1643 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Well, I hope the fixes are not done yet because, while zQGJ works perfectly, Foresight buff in general is rife with bugs.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I hope not because, while zQGJ works perfectly, Foresight buff in general is rife with bugs.

Well, you can always put the zeta right back on as if nothing happened.
  • Options
    The Game Update (from yesterday) and the Bug Bin update both state that they are still looking into Vader's Zeta. Short answer, since apparently people can't be troubled to read the official communication from the developers is no, they aren't done.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Been wondering this too since I'm about to get another zeta. I DO NOT want to get into another situation where I spend all my time, gear, crystals, etc on building one team around a zeta or zeta lead just to have all that work negated by a couple lines of game code that wasn't typed correctly. Building a zader team takes months fyi. :neutral:
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The Game Update (from yesterday) and the Bug Bin update both state that they are still looking into Vader's Zeta. Short answer, since apparently people can't be troubled to read the official communication from the developers is no, they aren't done.

Ok,how about mechanics changes like healing immunity. Are we done with THAT? And if/when we are, should they refund all zetas and let their players choose knowing the new (complete) information?
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Well, I hope not because, while zQGJ works perfectly, Foresight buff in general is rife with bugs.

Well, you can always put the zeta right back on as if nothing happened.

Was responding to the thread title question, not your post. I edited my post.

To respond to your post: full refunds wouldn't be awful, but also likely won't happen. I'd much rather they all work as the in game descriptions say BEFORE they release them to begin with. Then there would never be a reason to refund.
  • Options

Ok,how about mechanics changes like healing immunity. Are we done with THAT? And if/when we are, should they refund all zetas and let their players choose knowing the new (complete) information?

Again...you can expect a correction to Foresight mechanic where debuffs don't apply if there was foresight up and the attack was dodged. At least there very well should be that change.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    All those who are concerned with the healing immunity, do tell me, where in the game will this *drastically* affect you, aside from AAT Enrage (and this won't drastically affect you there).
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    All those who are concerned with the healing immunity, do tell me, where in the game will this *drastically* affect you, aside from AAT Enrage (and this won't drastically affect you there).

Boba's Zeta. If he's heal blocked and is defeated, does he come back with no protection?

There are quite a few people who use Boba in arena and either have or were planning to Zeta.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Arena.

Now Kylo and Boba's zetas are completely (like 100%) negated by the effect of BASIC ATTACKS. Seems to be that they fixed something for AAT without looking at the unintended consequences in arena.
  • Ava_Kdizzle
    844 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Boba's Zeta. If he's heal blocked and is defeated, does he come back with no protection?

There are quite a few people who use Boba in arena and either have or were planning to Zeta.

His zeta never made him revive with any protection. I just posted in the other boba zeta thread, but his zeta gives him full protection upon killing blow, not death. You can control when you are killing someone to still ensure you get the protection back.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Arena.

Now Kylo and Boba's zetas are completely (like 100%) negated by the effect of BASIC ATTACKS. Seems to be that they fixed something for AAT without looking at the unintended consequences in arena.

so kylo is buffed and nerfed at the same time. His healing immunity on his basic just got a whole lot more powerfull, yet he is vulnerable to the same debuff himself. You've gotta admit that's pretty cool.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ava_Kdizzle
    844 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Surely someone has tested this by now? My assumption is it comes back (well, it should), since the revival is a different mechanic initiating after death. Have we looked at his mechanics to determine what can prevent it? I'll check it, brb.

Protection doesn't come back after death now because it never did under boba's zeta. Here is the description:

At the start of battle and whenever he defeats an enemy, Boba Fett recovers 100% protection and gains Bount Hunter’s Resolve until he is defeated. Bounty Hunter’s Resolve: Boba Fett ignores Taunts during his turn. When defeated, revive at 100% health. This buff cannot be dispelled.

He NEVER got protection upon death and you can control when he kills someone, which does give him protection. Boba was my first zeta and I love it. This diminishes the value slightly since the AI won't know when to execute on defense... but it never did so really this is a minor change to Boba.

It's a much bigger change to Dooku zeta and clones.
  • Options

His zeta never made him revive with any protection. I just posted in the other boba zeta thread, but his zeta gives him full protection upon killing blow, not death. You can control when you are killing someone to still ensure you get the protection back.

Sorry, my bad. I don't have him zeta'd yet so wasn't clear on when the protection came back.

• SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Healing Immunity also doesn't affect his revival. I unknowingly tested this myself LAST NIGHT! The tank went enraged and killed him and he came right back with 100% health. It also killed him immediately again. LOL! Check out the end of my video here:

https://youtu.be/6_6jb7KFtYs
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Arena.

so kylo is buffed and nerfed at the same time. His healing immunity on his basic just got a whole lot more powerfull, yet he is vulnerable to the same debuff himself. You've gotta admit that's pretty cool.

Absolutely, if you don't use a zeta on him kylo got a slight buff. A good counter to Boba zeta now. NOt that there wasn't other counters already.
  • Options

Arena.

Absolutely, if you don't use a zeta on him kylo got a slight buff. A good counter to Boba zeta now. NOt that there wasn't other counters already.

How does this counter Boba, honestly? It doesn't affect his revival whatsoever, and it doesn't prevent him from gaining 100% protection again after defeating an enemy after revival.

He doesn't gain 100% protection after revival

He gains 100% protection everytime he gets a kill with any attack.
  • Options
    Mullato wrote: »

Arena.

How does this counter Boba, honestly? It doesn't affect his revival whatsoever, and it doesn't prevent him from gaining 100% protection again after defeating an enemy after revival.

He doesn't gain 100% protection after revival

He gains 100% protection everytime he gets a kill with any attack.

I actually didn't say he gains 100% protection after revival. I said he can gain his protection right back after defeating an enemy after revival. So, reality is, healing immunity doesn't really affect Boba. It could affect him before revival, but how often will we see that?

SnakesOnAPlane
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Sorry, my bad. I don't have him zeta'd yet so wasn't clear on when the protection came back.

apparently never.

Arena.

he won't gain 100% protection after he killed someone if he is debuffed with healing immu.
  • Options

apparently never.

Arena.

he won't gain 100% protection after he killed someone if he is debuffed with healing immu.

Right, but it's not really much of an issue, IMO. That means he has BHR Up.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

apparently never.

Arena.

Right, but it's not really much of an issue, IMO. That means he has BHR Up.

i totally agree.
  • Options
    This game will always have bugs. Just because it was a bug on a zeta doesnt make it any differant.
    Remeber barris was not a bug. It was a nerf
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Edit: DOH!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Just looking at the BHR mechanics, no where does it mention it that 100% Protection Recovery can be blocked by debuffs. IMO, it'll still return even if he has healing immunity on him. Check it:

IMG_9987.png

scuba would be a good one to investigate further.

You have to look at the heal immunity debuff. It was changed to block "protection_recovery"

vIOamUt.png
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Just looking at the BHR mechanics, no where does it mention it that 100% Protection Recovery can be blocked by debuffs. IMO, it'll still return even if he has healing immunity on him. Check it:

IMG_9987.png

scuba would be a good one to investigate further.

You have to look at the heal immunity debuff. It was changed to block "protection_recovery"

vIOamUt.png

Edit: You're right!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Edit above: You're right, @scuba
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options

No sweat - I guess this is a common misperception. And your posts are always on point, especially reminding people to read the bugs post before whining about how unfair life is.
  • Options
    What about Zody and Clones? Many people run them in arena besides the AAT raid. And since they aren't currently the top arena team that protection up is really the only thing that made them viable. Fives was a beast again. Not as much anymore
  • Options
    What perturbs me is that somehow CG decided to label Protection recovery as healing. They've always differentiated Health and Protection since, well, the advent of Protection!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    What perturbs me is that somehow CG decided to label Protection recovery as healing. They've always differentiated Health and Protection since, well, the advent of Protection!

IMO if their intention was to do this it could have been communicated prior to use of all the zeta's on these teams, many might have made different decisions.