3 mod options for K2SO, which one is the best?

Hi there,

Question regarding the modding of my K2SO. I'm currently running Zoba(L), JE, B2, 88 and K2SO. What's the best option for him? :)

Option 1: K2 tank build
- HP: 28k
- Protection: 58k
- Speed: 189
- Potency: 48% (important for daze)
- Crit damage: 150%

Option 2: K2 damage/daze build
- HP: 29k
- Protection: 31k
- Speed: 188
- Potency: 83.34%
- Crit damage: 216%

Option 3: combi build
- HP: 28k
- Protection: 51k
- Speed: 183
- Potency: 72.5%
- Crit damage: 150%
SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].

Replies

• I'd go with number 1.
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Thx @Dooku_for_days :) I think the 48% potency is enough for now. He still seems to daze enemies every 4 out of 5 tries.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I'd say all 3 of them suck. K2S0 is worthless without stacking tenacity. Having his counterattack chance halved reduces his overall damage by 25% on a single target. Reduces it by 50-80% if there are 5 targets. Also makes it so he doesn't taunt, which leaves his comrades vulnerable. That means that getting a single debuff makes him suck in dealing damage (something he is only decent at due to number of attacks), and suck at tanking. Basically getting debuffed at all makes him suck. If he gets offense down or daze... man, that is some huge overall damage percentage loss!

The survivability K2S0 needs stacked is tenacity, not protection or health or armor. Potency is also very good for his survivability. Under an HK lead, crit chance is your best friend.

Unless he's with Cassian (or under a Luke lead), tenacity is WAY WAY better than defense, health or protection for K2S0, potency will still give him better survivability than defense health or protection will (cutting their damage in half is big).

If your K2S0 doesn't die first, he's broken. If he does, he's working right. Who cares if he survives longer if he isn't protecting your other toons or damaging the enemy? Feed his mechanic, not his stats. Stack tenacity and potency. It will make him both a better tank, AND a better damage dealer.

Random side note: K2S0 under a Chewbacca lead is pretty unstoppable. Defense up on damage = 100% taunt rate for a LOT of the fight if not all of it. Defense up + Offense down = very underwhelming attacks against K2S0.
    Post edited by Woodroward on
  • Ah, thx for your detailed suggestion! I will start buying some tenacity mods then! :)
  • Option 2
  • Chewie_says_Aaarww
    753 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    @Woodroward

On sites like Crouching tiger hidden rancor they suggested that you should mod K2SO with Tenacity. Thx to you I know why! I just hope I didn't sell all my +24% tenacity crosses with speed secondaries, since I have never used them before. Until now, I've always preferred Potency or Protection crosses.

Thx! :)
  • Since K2SO hits like a wet noodle, combine damage, potency and tenacity.
    1...2...3! You're dead!
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    @Woodroward

On sites like Crouching tiger hidden rancor they suggested that you should mod K2SO with Tenacity. Thx to you I know why! I just hope I didn't sell all my +24% tenacity crosses with speed secondaries, since I have never used them before. Until now, I've always preferred Potency or Protection crosses.

Thx! :)

You're welcome. Yeah K2S0's weird. I wouldn't recommend tenacity for anybody but him. Tenacity doesn't translate into damage for anybody else though either. 97.5% is equal to 39/40. That's how often K2S0 should be counter attacking, but when debuffed that drops to about 19/40.

To be honest i still prefer a potency cross to a tenacity one on him, but if you don't have tenacity set mods, a tenacity cross is the way to go.

Under an HK lead, I also like the option to run one each of potency, crit chance, and tenacity sets with a tenacity cross. It's really about tinkering and seeing how much tenacity you need to stack to stay relatively debuff free in your shard.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Yeah K2S0's weird. I wouldn't recommend tenacity for anybody but him. Tenacity doesn't translate into damage for anybody else though either.
    Rey.
  • I usually run him as tank in normal rancor and att raids (2/4) with my resistance team with 4xcrit chance and 2xhp mods with potency cross... He dont hit hard... But can refill all his HP for free thanks to wedge leader and counterattacks.. the rest of my squisy team barely get any damage xD
    They all are G7 with 1/2* mods and i can deal 700k damage or so...

Hes also only G7 with crap mods but its more than enough for this purpose... This perma taunt/power-down is somgood there xD
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Yeah K2S0's weird. I wouldn't recommend tenacity for anybody but him. Tenacity doesn't translate into damage for anybody else though either.
    Rey.

I suppose it does for her too, huh? I don't think it makes quite the difference in effectiveness it does for K2S0 though.
  • So I know this is an old thread, but I have to take back what I said on it.

I have remodded my K2S0 to the point where he has no tenacity more or less, and I have never been happier with his performance. He hits 7-8k on basic and 16-18k on special.

https://swgoh.gg/u/woodroward/collection/k-2so/
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    So I know this is an old thread, but I have to take back what I said on it.

I have remodded my K2S0 to the point where he has no tenacity more or less, and I have never been happier with his performance. He hits 7-8k on basic and 16-18k on special.

I'm also a droid user and I have some questions for you, I can hold top 50 everyday but no more than that. I use HK, 88, JE, R2 and swap K2 and B2 depending on my opposition, my question is why do you run critical avoidance on 88 and is it effective? I see you don't run much potency on B2 or K2 or HK or 88 doesn't that make them less effective? My K2SO runs a lot of potency since I feel its ineffective some other way, same with B2.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Arimanius wrote: »

I'm also a droid user and I have some questions for you, I can hold top 50 everyday but no more than that. I use HK, 88, JE, R2 and swap K2 and B2 depending on my opposition, my question is why do you run critical avoidance on 88 and is it effective? I see you don't run much potency on B2 or K2 or HK or 88 doesn't that make them less effective? My K2SO runs a lot of potency since I feel its ineffective some other way, same with B2.

The crit avoidance on 88 was so I could get the proper speed on him for a starting turn order. To be honest, I'd rather have run an offense arrow on him, but maximizing speed and crit chance while maintaining starting order took first priority.

As for the potency, unless your opponents have stacked tenacity, it's not really needed because at equal amounts of potency and tenacity or higher potency it always ends up being that 15% chance to resist. I do get resisted some times, but it's rare because no one really stacks tenacity, and you just can't get rid of that resist chance. I'd rather stack the offense and crit to make sure I'm hitting them really hard all the time.

I have found that stacking crit damage from set and triangle, and offense and crit chance from secondaries to be my best bet. Critting more often means higher damage output in both the size of the attack and how often they attack due to the tm gain that comes with the crits.

I run HK, B2, K2, 88, & JE. Starting order is: B2. K2. HK. 88. That way I can wipe the buff with B2. Daze the counter attackers with K2. Spread debuffs on the whole team with HK to maximize 88's damage and usually merc 2 of their toons before they go. I have a really hard time switching any of them out just because of the toolkit: Daze. Buff immunity, Healing immunity, Offense Down, abiltiy block, defense down...

B2 and K2 combined is hands down the easiest solution to Chirrut/Baze combos. Buff immunity on Baze. Daze on Chirrut. Bam! Chirrut goes down quick and easy.

With all the damage I stacked on K2, even if he gets caught in a back and forth with Biggs while Wedge is alive, Biggs will be mostly dead by the time K2 dies (he can tank several triple assists).

So my mods are more less set up for speed and damage while maintaining my starting turn order. It certainly made a huge difference in my effectiveness. I actually took 4th place on the 3rd (though Swgoh.gg recording late shows me at rank 13).

I can actually speed up my Jawa Engineer (and hence the rest of my droids) a bit more, but I just finished remodding them while maximizing diverse needs so I am going to wait a while before I do so again.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Arimanius wrote: »

Explanation

Yeah I checked that before asking the question, I noticed your turn order and everything, I also have my droids in that way except that R2 goes first just because R2 is fast asf. That team seems to work out pretty good for you so I might try something similar, and see how it goes. Ty for your detailed answer man, it helps me a lot since there are not many droids users now who you can talk about strategies and stuff.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Not a problem man.
    It's nice to be able to talk about my strategies and whatnot with someone who can appreciate and even potentially benefit from them.

So curiously, what leads do you find easiest to beat with your droid comp?
    For my team I find Zader, ZGJ, and Nihilus leads the easiest teams to beat. Most others aren't that hard outside of Rex and Zaul.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I have mine with Crit damage set bonus, speed arrow, potency cross, crit damage triangle and then the rest modded for max protection. I don't use him much anymore though since R2 took his spot (HK, R2, 88, JE and sub in B2, GK or K2 depending on the fight)
    So curiously, what leads do you find easiest to beat with your droid comp?

Easiest: Empire, Jedi, Resistance, First Order, Nihilus (If I get even remotely decent RNG on savage).

Hardest: Rebels (only if they have chaze), Maul (decent RNG I can win most of the time), Rex (with chaze or GK only) and sometimes Thrawn (only if they have GK in it too since the AI thrawn usually cleanses GK>Game Over).
  • For me at the moment the easiest are Nihilus lead, ZGJ when there's no ZBarris, Zader, Bobba lead, etc. I can beat some Rex leads but the ones with Chaze and Wiggs are just impossible to me, actually any Wiggs + Chaze are impossible to me, if I'm taking care of Chaze Wiggs destroy me and the same happen the other way around. Zaul leads only with the best RNG, most of the time I'm disposed like nothing. Not much GKs on my shard yet
  • Arimanius wrote: »
    For me at the moment the easiest are Nihilus lead, ZGJ when there's no ZBarris, Zader, Bobba lead, etc. I can beat some Rex leads but the ones with Chaze and Wiggs are just impossible to me, actually any Wiggs + Chaze are impossible to me, if I'm taking care of Chaze Wiggs destroy me and the same happen the other way around. Zaul leads only with the best RNG, most of the time I'm disposed like nothing. Not much GKs on my shard yet

Same chaze and wiggs destroy me. Zbarris with kenobi are also bad because I lose my ability to burst anyone down. Jedi are easy as long as 88 doesn't go first. I always avoid Rex lead at all costs so I don't know how I do against them but I do great against the yellow clone lead. Maul is a really fickle mistress as b2 really has to get his debuffs in and despite his potency that 15% resist chance feels like 50%
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    I can beat Chaze and Wiggs (with pretty much any 5th outside of GK or Zarriss), but it's about RNG. If they triple B2. K2. or HK after B2's AoE buff wipe (or a miracle has B2 not trigger Biggs), then I'm golden as they can tank it. If they target 88. that's not so good but I can revive with JE and K2 should have a taunt up to deal with future triples. If they take out Jawa Engineer however it gets really tough. Not impossible, but tough as healing and reviving play a big role without perfect RNG.

First priority target is split between Wedge and Chirrut. If I get buff immunity on Baze, then I Daze Chirrut. down Chirrut goes. If not, then the daze goes on Wedge to prevent further triples, and Wedge gets burned down first, Taking Chirrut out first is much easier of course. Either way, once the Daze lands and K2's taunting I no longer hold back on AoE attacks (with no Daze I would still hold back on AoE).

K2's Daze landing timely is quite pivotal with that combo.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Another comment on K2's modding:
    When doing the Military Might battle today, my K2S0 was AMAZING!!!

Wedge lead with R2 and number crunch zetaed... My K2S0 has 45% crit, so was 55% with R2, with meant he crit a lot. All that offense stacked on mods and from R2 was multiplied by the Wedge lead and he was counter attacking for 12-13k!!. Biggs gave him a crit damage buff at one point and he was counter attacking for 15k! His special hit for 30K while he had that buff!! (25k without it)

He pretty much beat that event for me by himself. He ran out of protection on the second stage and just healed himself full on counterattacks for the rest of the event. (Between his health steal and the Wedge lead he was healing for 5.5k every basic attack, 7k every special attack)
  • Arimanius
    165 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Another comment on K2's modding:
    When doing the Military Might battle today, my K2S0 was AMAZING!!!

Wedge lead with R2 and number crunch zetaed... My K2S0 has 45% crit, so was 55% with R2, with meant he crit a lot. All that offense stacked on mods and from R2 was multiplied by the Wedge lead and he was counter attacking for 12-13k!!. Biggs gave him a crit damage buff at one point and he was counter attacking for 15k! His special hit for 30K while he had that buff!! (25k without it)

He pretty much beat that event for me by himself. He ran out of protection on the second stage and just healed himself full on counterattacks for the rest of the event. (Between his health steal and the Wedge lead he was healing for 5.5k every basic attack, 7k every special attack)

Yeah same happened to me even tho I don´t have R2 zetaed yet (close) and my rebels are kitten atm g8-g9 so wedge died but K2SO just beat that along with R2D2 even tho my K2SO doesn´t have its crit chance that high, it´s crazy
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • So I've done some calculations and it appears that I can get K2S0's physical damage up to about 3850 with all the right offense primaries and secondaries (4 % secondaries at about 1.6, and 6 flat rates of 126, 3 primaries). Those are about the best flat and % offense secondaries I've seen anyway. I'm sure others have seen better. That is definitely the max amount of offense primaries and secondaries you can get to maximize his damage though. Sacrificing the crit damage triangle for another primary isn't worth it.

You can only have % offense secondaries on mods that don't have an offense primary... other than the box mod which doesn't count since it has no other options (You can still get a % offense secondary on it even though it already has a % offense primary, but no other shape mod with an offense primary can have a % offense secondary).

Which means you can only get a % offense secondary on 4/6 mods if maximizing offense. The flat one can be on all mods hence the max amount is: 3 primaries, 4 % secondaries, & 6 flat secondaries if you are trying to max out crit damage as well.

I am betting I can get him to counter crit for 15k regularly with that much offense under a Wedge lead with a crit damage set/triangle and R2D2 in group as well. Throw in Chirrut too and he may have to be renamed "runaway freight train" because he'd be unstoppable and wreaking mass havoc.

This thread was the best place to put my little burst of math based K2S0 mod theorycrafting as far as I can see.