Raid points

Maybe instead of random gear payouts give points based on where you place and then the points could be used for whatever gear or shards you want. Obviously certain things will be worth more than others. This eliminates recieving gear you already have tons of and people could level the characters they want

Replies

• Maybe instead of random gear payouts give points based on where you place and then the points could be used for whatever gear or shards you want. Obviously certain things will be worth more than others. This eliminates recieving gear you already have tons of and people could level the characters they want

+1 great idea
  • That would be awesome! I actually got a full raid piece from rancor yesterday and yep you guessed it, I have no one that needs it. Being able to pick your rewards would be great. It seems like more often than not I get gear I can't use.
  • They would just have to find a way to balance out the points to rewards payout for example:

If it costs 500 points to get say 10 pieces of gear
    We shouldn't be getting 100 points for a heroic pit payout since were getting almost 15x2 of gear.
  • Often I see better gear at lower payouts. Or the same gear at higher payouts. It would be nice to cut the randomness and get some needed gear.
  • Often I see better gear at lower payouts. Or the same gear at higher payouts. It would be nice to cut the randomness and get some needed gear.

I think the only problem this would lead to is the fact that more people would be inclined to hit rank 1 all the time which can be a bad thing for some guilds.

For example,
    If officers or guild leaders can solo the raid or do more dmg in the earlier phases. They would be more incline to start and immediately deal their dmg before anyone else can resulting in some not being ever to hit rank 1 or even post a 0.
    But overall I think guilds would eventually sift out the non-compilers.