Best Team With Sith Assassin for Zaul Lead?

I have been contemplating this for a while, and I have come to a somewhat conclusion of what I want...
I was thinking of this: Zaul lead, EP, Nihilus, Sith Assassin, and zSidious.
Here is why: All sith start at 20% tm (all of them are sith). Put all your best speed mods on Sith Assassin (SA), and then once SA goes first, use the first Special. This will result in ALL Sith Allies gaining 36% TM, making ALL 4 SITH GO NEXT. This means RNG decides, but lets just say EP goes 2nd (so he stuns), zSidious 3rd (3 guaranteed DoTs unless resist, since he has 100% crit chance out of stealth + exposes), Maul 4th (AOE Daze), then Nihilus 5th (Increases cooldowns of all 5 enemy toons). **** can the enemy team do to stop you after that? Their whole team is basically stunned/dazed/AOE'd up, and just crippled in general. I know it lacks a Taunter, but why need one when you can just **** the enemy team before they can go?
Thoughts? And other squad combos will be nice to hear too!

Replies

• M_L
    469 posts Member
    so in your scenario, Assassin just came out of stealth and has advantage, right? then she uses 1st special, loses advantage and gains foresight and stealth, wouldn't that mean just a 24% increase in TM for rest of the team?

i mean not sure if dropping from 36 to 24 really matters in the grand scheme of your proposal, but just wanted to theorycraft with the same math.

• M_L wrote: »
    so in your scenario, Assassin just came out of stealth and has advantage, right? then she uses 1st special, loses advantage and gains foresight and stealth, wouldn't that mean just a 24% increase in TM for rest of the team?

i mean not sure if dropping from 36 to 24 really matters in the grand scheme of your proposal, but just wanted to theorycraft with the same math.

Why would she lose Advantage? She only loses all debuffs
  • I'd probably replace zidious. He is deadly fast and will only serve to feed enemy Rex's. Zavage works as a sith cleanser to counter opposing zaul's and zader's, and he's near impossible to kill with certain comps I hear. Dooku is pretty good now too I hear. Alternatively a plug and play GK, Zarriss, Baze, or B2 would all probably be better in that spot. You'd want to keep Nihilus slow so he gets slightly less than 100% tm. But uyeah that comp sounds amazing, just what I was going for.
    Willis Mcgahee of the Mighty Chlorians ~ https://swgoh.gg/u/willis/
  • Willis wrote: »
    I'd probably replace zidious. He is deadly fast and will only serve to feed enemy Rex's. Zavage works as a sith cleanser to counter opposing zaul's and zader's, and he's near impossible to kill with certain comps I hear. Dooku is pretty good now too I hear. Alternatively a plug and play GK, Zarriss, Baze, or B2 would all probably be better in that spot. You'd want to keep Nihilus slow so he gets slightly less than 100% tm. But uyeah that comp sounds amazing, just what I was going for.

My shard doesn't have any Rex's. We have one in top 20, in which he is about to change
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    @Tjbear02

hmmm, ok, maybe i just don't use teams with advantage much. i think i thought she'd lose advantage after doing an action, but i just realized that only happens if she uses an attack. Since her first special is not an attack, i guess you're right! she'd have 3 buffs on her by the time her turn ended and it should be 36%, that's pretty sweet.

love the idea. i personally barely have any speed secondary mods and am i always on the look out for compositions that do not require so much luck. appreciate it!
    I'd probably replace zidious. He is deadly fast and will only serve to feed enemy Rex's. Zavage works as a sith cleanser to counter opposing zaul's and zader's, and he's near impossible to kill with certain comps I hear. Dooku is pretty good now too I hear. Alternatively a plug and play GK, Zarriss, Baze, or B2 would all probably be better in that spot. You'd want to keep Nihilus slow so he gets slightly less than 100% tm. But uyeah that comp sounds amazing, just what I was going for.

Can you go into more detail with zSavage and what you have heard about him? I've heard that his dps wasn't the best and his special isn't that great. I am just so stuck with that 5th toon right now (zSavage, zSidious, GK)
  • Someone in my guild has been facing a zaul team with zavage and he also uses zaul. He said it ended in a draw like 7 times in a row, because he couldn't kill zavage at the end. He dispels his own debuffs and gains constant HOTs and defense up. Basically you can't wear him down, he needs to be nuked. Nihilus would make this much easier once he is available though. Since you can't kill him he can easily he will get plenty of opportunities to use his special, which is situationally useful.
    Willis Mcgahee of the Mighty Chlorians ~ https://swgoh.gg/u/willis/
    Someone in my guild has been facing a zaul team with zavage and he also uses zaul. He said it ended in a draw like 7 times in a row, because he couldn't kill zavage at the end. He dispels his own debuffs and gains constant HOTs and defense up. Basically you can't wear him down, he needs to be nuked. Nihilus would make this much easier once he is available though. Since you can't kill him he can easily he will get plenty of opportunities to use his special, which is situationally useful.

Wow sounds good, how was he modded?
  • how would DT deathmark work against a zavage? Enough hits between him stripping it to kill him?
  • JohnGalt wrote: »
    how would DT deathmark work against a zavage? Enough hits between him stripping it to kill him?

Yeah that is definitely a counter to zSavage. Deathmark does a lot of dmg
  • If you were going to make this team you might as well make Sid faster than assassin. That way all opponents will have debuffs on them in case Nihilus goes immediately after assassin.