Are all arena battles the same now?

Is it just me who finds it incredibly boring going to do an arena battle, and basically every team consists of all or mostly rebels? I specifically don't use my rebels just to mix the game up a bit... It just seems like everyone has the exact same team, and it's just boring... I feel like they should either be nerfed, or other teams should be encouraged to prevent this repetitive gameplay... Does anyone else agree?

Replies

• Rebels? Rebel meta is rather finished. Now I see palps, tfp, vader all the time... including mine :D. But seriously I can see that devs are finally trying to bring some balance. Resistance and first order got buffed. New Sith ship has landed... I bet that we will even see major rework of night sisters.
  • There's very little difference in my shard, wiggs, wiggs, and more wiggs
  • A few weeks ago I counted I think 36/50 teams in my shard's top 50 had Wiggs in them. Having said that, I'm seeing a lot more diversity than about 2 months ago, and it seems to be getting better each week.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • example- the other day in the 30-40 range I beat a team with Zam in it. I had never seen her in Arena before, it was pretty neat. Didn't work out for that guy though, at least against me
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Kretek
    15 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    In my shard Empire take top 50 (mainly) and wiggs got dropped to 100 or below. There are however some insane speedy wiggs combos that struggle to hold on.
  • Arena? Oh, you mean the Wiggs mode? :D
  • Top 11 teams in my shard are running rebels...and only 1 not running Wiggs. The Top 50 is littered with Wiggs. A few Jedi teams...some weird Sidious/Jedi teams...I'd be surprised if there are 10 teams in the Top 50 that aren't running Wiggs and/or Chaze.

It's like navigating a mine field.
  • Ren_eh22
    58 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    The sad part is, we probably all have a tendency to attack anybody but Wiggs, just for diversity...but now I look for and smash Wiggs teams, hoping to beat them down, and leave non Wiggs teams alone!:)

I'm one of only three teams in top 100 running Droids for old times sake! Last I checked, 22 out of top 50 were still Wiggs on December Shard...diversity is coming...The problem is I am stuck in Wiggs He ll at 50-100!:(
  • Mine is all vader EP and TFP then 2 random toons. Wiggs is done in my shard.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Wiggs is dying in mine as well. The top 10 is a split between Zaders and zQGJ teams and a few Chaze teams. Only 2 or 3 teams run Wiggs in the top 20. I think the meta is the healthiest it's been in a long time. Lots of variety.
  • Ren_eh22 wrote: »
    The sad part is, we probably all have a tendency to attack anybody but Wiggs, just for diversity...but now I look for and smash Wiggs teams, hoping to beat them down, and leave non Wiggs teams alone!:)

I'm one of only three teams in top 100 running Droids for old times sake! Last I checked, 22 out of top 50 were still Wiggs on December Shard...diversity is coming...The problem is I am stuck in Wiggs He ll at 50-100!:(

Haha! I avoid Wiggs because I'm trying to stay as high as I can without wasting battles. Seems to be a thing amongst the non-Wiggs teams. Maybe I could take a Wiggs team, but there are other teams that I can easily beat.

Running:

ST Han (L; 6*, G7)
    Boba (6*, G8)
    Rey (5*, G7)
    Fives (4*, G8)
    GS (4*, G8)

Can finish anywhere from 20ish to 40ish at payout...entirely surrounded by Wiggs and Chaze...lmao!
  • If your shard is full of Wiggs, opportunity knocks. Build a good Empire team, QGJz GK Jedi team or Maul team and you be the uncontested #1.
  • I think I'm the last player in the top 10-15 of my arena to still be using Wiggs. Everybody else is basically running Empire now.
  • My shard is actually kinda diverse, a few wiggs, droids, empire, then theres also a resistance and BH team
  • Eyi
    209 posts Member
    Is it just me who finds it incredibly boring going to do an arena battle, and basically every team consists of all or mostly rebels? I specifically don't use my rebels just to mix the game up a bit... It just seems like everyone has the exact same team, and it's just boring... I feel like they should either be nerfed, or other teams should be encouraged to prevent this repetitive gameplay... Does anyone else agree?

In my shard we can see an instinct running 7* wiggs chaze and jyn

Then 4 zauls
    Then 2 zaders
    Then 1 rex
    A GK
    Me
  • Zaul is dominating my shard right now. I can sometimes climb to top 3 with my Wiggs and speedy Boba, but it has to be a perfect lineup for me to do that. Wiggs is kinda done in my opinion.
  • Zader, zaul, even zphasma FO team on my shard