Trouble with Zader in Rancor

Prev1
I used my first Zeta on Vader, in part in hopes of solo'ing or at least doing some serious damage on the Heroic Rancor. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get very far. I've tried an all Sith/Empire team (Zader-G10, EP-G11, RG-G9, Sid-G10, TFP-G9) as well as substitutions with QGJ-G11 or GMT-G9 and can't seem to make it work. Perhaps I'm not modded correctly? Or perhaps they just need a bit more gearing?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

If you're curious, this is my account:
https://swgoh.gg/u/therbd/

Replies

• MPac
    196 posts Member
    From what I've seen a 5th of Jyn Erso or Rex is almost always used. I don't have either of them yet so not sure...
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    You need turn meter reduction. Jyn is probably best. Teebo is good, but only as a leader
  • MUqUN8W.jpg
    jvJeK4K.jpg
    Here's who I used an hour ago
  • i cleared 4.4m (10% left in phase 2) with Vader (L), EP, TFP, Dooku, Teebo
  • Soloed rancor with an all empire/sith team about 6 hours ago. But i think there was a client reset so it might have been changed.
  • @YourOnIyHope
    How was your use of culling blade?
    What set mods?
  • In for answers. I'm running the same squad with pathetic results.
  • you need to apply tenacity down from TFP ASAP for dots and speed down to apply. And don't forget it is not the damage it is the TM reduction makes the solo so don't use culling blade till the end of phases (i use it when %10 left) if you use it make sure force crush is not in the cool down.
  • BattlezeD wrote: »
    you need to apply tenacity down from TFP ASAP for dots and speed down to apply. And don't forget it is not the damage it is the TM reduction makes the solo so don't use culling blade till the end of phases (i use it when %10 left) if you use it make sure force crush is not in the cool down.

This. Maintain the speed down and the tenacity down debuffs as long as you can and save culling blade for 5% or so.
    Plus, make sure you have decent speed on them. After Zader nerf, it is better to have Magmatrooper for that Extra 30% TM reduction.
  • ptr
    173 posts Member
    make sure you have decent speed on them. .

how much should it be for heroic?

• Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Magma Trooper ftw

[img][/img]1702181623330074.png
  • Thanks everyone for your help! I was able to do it today!
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    QGJ is bugged AF right now (removes TM with his assist attack) so using him as the 5th with Vader, TFP, EP, Sid is an easy solo auto for the most part.
  • MUqUN8W.jpg
    jvJeK4K.jpg
    Here's who I used an hour ago

I have seen some people auto the whole raid, did you auto with that team? :open_mouth:
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    @Zooey It's not bugged if under Zader. The assist being called would be Site/Empire and thus 50% chance to reduce TM via Zader.
    you need to apply tenacity down from TFP ASAP for dots and speed down to apply. And don't forget it is not the damage it is the TM reduction makes the solo so don't use culling blade till the end of phases (i use it when %10 left) if you use it make sure force crush is not in the cool down.

This is perfect advice! The Culling Blade must be saved towards the end of every phase.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Tarkin also has TM reduction... Just not as good as magma under Zader, Rex or Jyn. Anyone ever try with him on Heroic? I seem to be having success with him but only on tier 6. I can't solo... Yet...
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    TMR on rancor is still bugged after the last update. All you need to manually do is p1 if you don't have the ideal squad, then you can auto. I use zader (only 169 speed), EP, tfp, qgj, sid (g9). The other four besides zader are all decently fast, but not obscenely fast (+60-80 speed).
  • MPac wrote: »
    @Zooey It's not bugged if under Zader. The assist being called would be Site/Empire and thus 50% chance to reduce TM via Zader.

I think I saw somewhere that qgj actual assist attack, when he deals damage, reduces tm too.

This is perfect advice! The Culling Blade must be saved towards the end of every phase.

Does culling blade have to be saved? If you have Vader zeta'ed doesn't that mean the DOTs come back?
  • samjp wrote: »
    BattlezeD wrote: »

Does culling blade have to be saved? If you have Vader zeta'ed doesn't that mean the DOTs come back?

The dots do .. the speed down as to be reapplied though.
  • Vader is still good for rancor my guild mate just soloed the raid last night
  • I will use culling blade only when the rancor is toppled AND I can reapply force crush in the next move when the Rancor is still toppled
  • if you are running like zader with 3-4 empire sith .. don't bother saving cull, just auto it seriously ... haven't seen rancor take a single turn from p2-4 in last two rancors ... since tmr under zader is seriously bugged with rancor
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    MPac wrote: »

I think I saw somewhere that qgj actual assist attack, when he deals damage, reduces tm too.

Yes exactly. The actual first hit on his assist is reducing TM right now.
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Well I can't even auto a tier 6 and although I lack sidious I am decently modded and geared... What am I doing wrong? https://swgoh.gg/u/mpacton/
  • Akiraine wrote: »
    if you are running like zader with 3-4 empire sith .. don't bother saving cull, just auto it seriously ... haven't seen rancor take a single turn from p2-4 in last two rancors ... since tmr under zader is seriously bugged with rancor

Have you attempted the solo since the latest update patch 2 days ago?

SnakesOnAPlane
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Attempted this morning. Couldnt get through part 2 by myself with my toons. Zader 170 speed, EP (170), QGJ (162), TFP (204), Tarkin (slow)... I will have sidious in a few days and speed already 190.. will keep trying. I assume more speed will also help?
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Akiraine wrote: »
    if you are running like zader with 3-4 empire sith .. don't bother saving cull, just auto it seriously ... haven't seen rancor take a single turn from p2-4 in last two rancors ... since tmr under zader is seriously bugged with rancor

Have you attempted the solo since the latest update patch 2 days ago?

I did. Hit auto 10% into p2 when I saw the tmr was still bugged. Seriously the only way the rancor gets a turn is if it somehow manages to dodge 5 attacks in a row. My team:
    Maegor wrote: »
    TMR on rancor is still bugged after the last update. All you need to manually do is p1 if you don't have the ideal squad, then you can auto. I use zader (only 169 speed), EP, tfp, qgj, sid (g9). The other four besides zader are all decently fast, but not obscenely fast (+60-80 speed).

Edit: Saving culling blade right now is a huge waste of time. Enough of a waste of time that it could possibly push you out of finishing in time if your guild clears it quick.

Edit2:
    MPac wrote: »
    Attempted this morning. Couldnt get through part 2 by myself with my toons. Zader 170 speed, EP (170), QGJ (162), TFP (204), Tarkin (slow)... I will have sidious in a few days and speed already 190.. will keep trying. I assume more speed will also help?

You need more speed, especially on your tfp and qgj (vader and ep are fine, maybe a hair more speed on ep would help). sid replacing tarkin will help as well, since you get moar dots!
  • DarthScott
    292 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Maegor wrote: »

I have seen reports of this as well. The theory is that the negative status effects are triggering tm reduction chances as well. So when sid goes he gets multiple tm reductions in one turn. @CG_Kozispoon and company will probably have to look in to it again