Are there ads in the game now?

I've had a few ads pop up recently, and they weren't in Japanese... What's going on? Are there pop-up ads in this game now??

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Haven't seen any today. They used to have one's for in game purchases.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    They have been used for a while now, typically with some nice artwork and a description of what is available. I think the last one was for the Kylo Ren's command ship pack?
  • No... I'm talking about ads that are not game related... It doesn't happen often, but I've seen it twice in the last few days...
  • Haven't had that happen for me...curious. At the risk of being impolite, what sort of ads are being displayed?
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    No... I'm talking about ads that are not game related... It doesn't happen often, but I've seen it twice in the last few days...

Nope never seen anything not in game related
  • JPBrunel wrote: »
    No... I'm talking about ads that are not game related... It doesn't happen often, but I've seen it twice in the last few days...

It might not be swgoh doing that and some other app instead, but I can't say that for certain
  • Like I said, it doesn't happen often and when it does happen, you can tell it's a bug... And it's nothing improper, I believe the one I saw yesterday was for some kind of insurance?
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    JPBrunel wrote: »

It might not be swgoh doing that and some other app instead, but I can't say that for certain

You might be right, I'll pay more attention next time... Hopefully doesn't happen again...