Possible Solution to Speed

Prev1
Ok so we all know that speed essentially rules this game.

It's not too much fun playing against speed 250+ TFPs / Bobas / EPs / etc.

Yes you can try and just spend some money but that still won't help you when it is a complete gamble to get a 20+ secondary speed mod.

Wouldn't the game be more balanced if each stat only allowed a maximum total increase e.g. speed on a toon could only increase by a max of 50, potency could only be increased by a max of 40%, etc. etc.

Some might say they don't want this because then all their hard-earned mods will go to waste but this isn't the case as you could simply have 2 speed secondary mods on a toon with +20 and then concentrate on other stats while other people will need more mods with +10 secondary stats, etc.

What you think?

Replies

• IMO make speed mods a %, not a solid number. that way fast toons stay fast, and slow toons cant become too op
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    They can't change the way mods work currently, end of discussion. They can however add 6* and 7* mods eventually that shake up the meta.
  • IMO make speed mods a %, not a solid number. that way fast toons stay fast, and slow toons cant become too op

Then why even allow speed mods? The intention is to allow for customization.
  • Zooey wrote: »
    They can't change the way mods work currently, end of discussion.

I'm glad you're the authority on this.

Why exactly can't they change how it works?
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Zooey wrote: »

For reasons that are against the forum policy to say. You are welcome to go on Reddit however.
  • I disagree
  • Why don't they limit the number of mods with speed secondaries you can fit to a character?
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Why though?
  • You have a limit of each mods: 29 speed secondaries... And concerning %speed that would be the most **** idea, you would have a clear concentration of extremely fast toon at the beginning: TFP, DS, Dooku Rey Leia, Sith Assassin.
  • Darth Nihilus could be a counter to fast enemies with his zeta unique and an EP lead if only he could gain health from it outside of his turn
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    setting a max speed does nothing execpt for letting RNG decide who goes first in nearly every match. Where's the fun in that? I'd rather continue mod farming tbh.
    Save water, drink champagne!

IMO make speed mods a %, not a solid number. that way fast toons stay fast, and slow toons cant become too op

doesnt that make fast toons op af.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Why should they nerf speed because other people had better rng when farming mods than you?
  • This week, I spent over 1,000 crystals refreshing the mod shipments. I only saw one MK-V A mod with a speed secondary. I bought it. I upgraded it. Every single increase went to the defense secondary. It started with +5 speed, and it ended with 5 speed.
  • The "easy" fix is to make it so the faster a character is, the less damage they deal per hit. This is what they were supposed to do but not every toon follows that rule.
  • Here's what I don't get... my EP has a base speed of 138, with secondary mods adding 16. Every other toon I check out has base speed above 170.... I've never faced another squad with EP and had mine go first. What did I do wrong? The only difference from one to the next should be mods right?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Here's what I don't get... my EP has a base speed of 138, with secondary mods adding 16. Every other toon I check out has base speed above 170.... I've never faced another squad with EP and had mine go first. What did I do wrong? The only difference from one to the next should be mods right?

EP has a base speed of 122. The blue number is already added to the white number, it only shows how much of the white number is added by mods. Subtract the blue number from the white number and you'll know the "base speed" of your character. This could be lower than 122 for EP if he isn't maxed out on gear.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • jackTHErandom
    1195 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Zooey wrote: »

Cause a lot of people spent (and still spend) a lot of money on them... Change how mods work and the income this game generates will go down a lot by rage quits & already earned income will be requested back by a lot of users (and these requests will most likely be granted by both app stores)

Cause a lot of people spent (and still spend) a lot of money on them... Change how mods work and the income this game generates will go down a lot by rage quits & already earned income will be requested back by a lot of users (and these requests will most likely be granted by both app stores)

Pretty much. At the end of the day this game is basically a slot machine/money generator. It's not about fairness, enjoyment, or doing anything ground breaking. Whatever makes the most money regardless of what we think trumps all.

• EP has a base speed of 122. The blue number is already added to the white number, it only shows how much of the white number is added by mods. Subtract the blue number from the white number and you'll know the "base speed" of your character. This could be lower than 122 for EP if he isn't maxed out on gear.[/quote]

Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure how that worked.was never sure if the white number is before or after the mod addition. Im still confused where others are getting the speed though, my Palp is maxed gear 7* and the speed added by secondary mods adds up, I just dont see where other's speed is coming from. Often times they have a mod number through the roof without even having speed primaries... i dont see where all the secondary is coming from
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I think it is unfortunate speed is so overpowered, but it is what it is. Hopefully, a solution can be found that balances it better with other stats, but I don't think the developers would put their effort into that over other things...
  • Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure how that worked.was never sure if the white number is before or after the mod addition. Im still confused where others are getting the speed though, my Palp is maxed gear 7* and the speed added by secondary mods adds up, I just dont see where other's speed is coming from. Often times they have a mod number through the roof without even having speed primaries... i dont see where all the secondary is coming from

A speed primary is only possible on the arrow. A level 15 five-dot speed arrow will give +30 speed. For all other spots, speed can be a secondary with starting values ranging from 1 to 5. If a level 1 mod has any secondaries on it already, one of them at random will be boosted during level-up. If there were multiple secondaries, the same one can be chosen more than once. When you see a mod with an insanely high speed secondary, it's because it started off as a purple or gold and landed the speed boost 2+ times. It's possible to get upwards of 70 or 80 extra speed this way if you get lucky. And if you're really lucky, you'll get this on a speed set, which will give another 10-15 speed, depending on the toon.

Getting these mods is difficult, though. Your best bet is to find them in the mod shipments and whales will constantly refresh those shipments until they find ones they like.
  • I eventually just try not to care, if 50+ more people decide to spend more money on getting 15+ Speed secondaries go figure, I'll just do with what I've spent on and not really care anymore lol that's how these games work, they are made so you gotta spend on RNG to compete. Truth being said you don't honestly need to keep trying your hardest (money wise) to compete if you don't want to, that's what free to play is for.
  • WhiskeyPug
    338 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    There is a huge advantage in you vs AI. If you are blame your losses on one toon going first then chances are you don't deserve the win anyways. They have made more and more toons in favor of long battles with zetas so.... if you dedicate your loss to one toon going first then you will complain about anything as long as you are a loser. L2p
  • The whiskeypug has spoken!!

This. Most of people on that forum are so proud of their speed secondary and their 270+ TFP that everytime you speak about speed, the only answer that you have is that you don't know how to play like the answer above.

Speed is meta and it has been said several times among several threads. Nevertheless, the same guys saying that are also the same guys saying that you only lose because you don't know how to play ...
  • Today I changed out 2 characters with speed 240+ for 2 characters with under 200 speed to win a battle. Team composition matters.

If they changed it to 30% max speed buff then it would be the same problem that the game had pre mods. (fastest toons will be fastest no matter what). And you would have mirror match ups determined by luck who goes first my han or your Han
  • WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    There is a huge advantage in you vs AI. If you are blame your losses on one toon going first then chances are you don't deserve the win anyways. They have made more and more toons in favor of long battles with zetas so.... if you dedicate your loss to one toon going first then you will complain about anything as long as you are a loser. L2p

Sorry? What if whenever one toons goes first, all the opponent team can follow? Poe, STH, FOO, Phasma, Sith Assassin, TFP (Zader), JE.

Going first gives you a tremendous advantage, that is why Droids were so powerful: you had to rely on RNG and AI incompetency to win (premod and Han time).

Your statement is a bit aggressive against many able players. You can build a strong team and farm correctly the right gear and mods. Let's say you farm: Zader EP TFP Shore Boba and you get decent mods on your TFP (+80) (and he is the fastest).

You will however lose to AI if the opponent has insane mods on a weaker team: EP TFP STH RG Boba. If their STH is at 251 speed, the battle will be much tougher and the player might lose. Did he deserve to lose?

There is no certain wins when the opponent goes first (unless you plan for it with Rex lead for example).
  • Make tenacity mods more relevant might help negate some of the speed power. I've upgraded my RG with tenacity and don't see a noticeable difference.

Right now there is no customization at all, tt's all just about speed secondaries. It's way better to have 6 different mods with 10+ speed secondaries than having full set mods with "normal" speed secondaries. And in the end, arena is all about speed, so customization is completely dead with these secondaries.