To anyone undecided on Kylo's Command Shuttle

Xuichichi
75 posts Member
edited February 2017
I went for it, and I think it was worth it. It is going to take me some getting used to, but I did win my first 2 battles using it. They got much closer to timing out than I normally do since I had to switch my heavy hitters to the back and I don't know how it will hold up on defense but I finish top 10 each day in fleet usually (8th at the moment) so I think I'll get a good test. I ran it with starting 5 of FO TIE, TIE, Shuttle, Jedi Starfighter and Biggs. IMO, the best "tip" I can give is to use the special to grant 100% TM on the TIE fighter since he has no protection to lose. I do not have Vader's TIE ( 70/80 :neutral: ) but I imagine a line up of his TIE, both the normal one and FO, the Command Shuttle and literally whatever would be a pretty brutal start. (probably Biggs)

The combo of the shuttle and FO Tie is really quite remarkable too if you ask me. This may go higher, but if both are present the TIE gets 25% TM every time the command shuttle is attacked. With it also gaining a nice chunk of TM every time someone attacks someone with target lock, he goes quite a lot.

My Kylo and Phasma are both 7*, Phasma is G10, Kylo is G9 and then my FOST is 6* and G8. FOTP is only 4* and G8 so the synergy between the ships is only going to go up from there.

Hopefully this helps someone and if anyone has any questions ask away!

Edit: Oh forgot to include that my FO Tie is also only 4* at the moment so it isn't like any of my synergy here is coming from the fact that one ship is geared to the teeth and carrying the other or anything.

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I only have Phasma geared up and on T9, but I bought the ship as I really need the 4* dark ships so I can unlock Executrix, and then do the ability mats, but can use light side ships for that one.

I am currently spending my cantina energy on Kylo, and probably just going to ignore the stormtrooper. Is it worth it if I do that?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    I only have Phasma geared up and on T9, but I bought the ship as I really need the 4* dark ships so I can unlock Executrix, and then do the ability mats, but can use light side ships for that one.

I am currently spending my cantina energy on Kylo, and probably just going to ignore the stormtrooper. Is it worth it if I do that?

Sounds like you already answered your question if all you wanted was a 4* ship to help get the Executrix to 5 stars.

Mine as well work on FOST since you have the ship though, seems like a waste if you don't, and want to stay ahead of the competition.
  • Options
    If FO tie gets tm every time shuttle is attacked you should run mace or PLO to make shuttle taunt and let FOTie do some work
  • Options
    Drop Slip Through on it, and watch it gain Protection even as it loses it by countering, like Ackbar leading scemitar.
  • Options
    If FO tie gets tm every time shuttle is attacked you should run mace or PLO to make shuttle taunt and let FOTie do some work

That is a good strategy, the Scimitar could also help since Kylo's ship gains protection from it's basic
  • Options
    I went to press with other info lol https://swgohindepth.net/2017/02/18/psa-regarding-new-ships/

Is the AI destroying Kylo's ship off the bat not an issue for you? Want to be correct in what we put out there
  • Options
    Is it good?
  • Options
    I was hearing no until this post. Would love some discussion to hash it out :)
  • Options
    So I noticed when I had it in my initial 5 it did get attacked more often than my other ships by the AI. I actually dropped a good bit further than I normally do over night, so I'm guessing that is a result of people curious how it fares up and attacking me more maybe? Or maybe it is awful on defense for AI. Maybe it was my FO Tie too, I dunno. That was definitely the weak link.
    HQFireBall wrote: »
    Is it good?

I think that is really relative to what you want it to do exactly. Some people had good ideas with Plo, Mace or the Scimitar but I don't have any of those really at a solid point to swap in to try. I am happy with it.

I did a battle and took the FO Tie out so we'll see if that can hold my rank a little better.