Marquee events need to chill.

Prev13
Seriously. Some of the things about these events I've got a bone to pick with, even though they don't always effect me. To start off: Tier IV. Why the hell are you making it mission impossible to get those last shards? Why? The required level between III and IV is too **** high, as the meme goes. Not to mention, what's the payoff? A 3* character. If it isn't Nihilus, or more accurately a new counter to the metas, who is going to use those characters, that can acquire them, in arena (Let's face it, that's the real point of ever trying to get a character from these events)? Probably the same people who get tricked into thinking they're OP, because on the last two tiers they're fully starred. Which makes no sense, why would you show off the end level, and then give out a serving sample of what the character would ACTUALLY look like? Is it to sell packs at the end of the event? Which bring me back to my first point: If people don't have the character to star up to begin with, what makes you think they'll bother, especially with the drop rate being 5, potentially 10, shards for each character. There's no problem making money through these packs, that's not the problem, it's the event itself, which also drags on for so. Long. Especially when if play through it, it either takes you five minutes to get done, or a day and then you stop trying. Why are we waiting a week for content that you've clearly already made? The quicker the event, the quicker packs can be sold, and the longer as well.

This stuff isn't that mind blowing to comprehend, it's just common sense. I really hope they fix this when [insert generically popular character loved throughout fandom] shows up, since we all know we're not getting any more tourneys.

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    You unlock the character after tier 3. Tier 4 has been a bonus tier of sorts for extra shards that don't take you to the next star level, just a head start if you're going to buy the packs or wait for other means to obtain.
  • character cadence...whale's get the 7 star for the price of a vacation, small used car, the rest of us wait till june for the sith's and nihilus... to be put at a farmable place...... rogue one characters will be released on an impossible node within 3-6 weeks...

• AimingForGaming
    334 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Aero wrote: »
    You unlock the character after tier 3. Tier 4 has been a bonus tier of sorts for extra shards that don't take you to the next star level, just a head start if you're going to buy the packs or wait for other means to obtain.

That was only with this recent Marquee event. Take Death Trooper, for example. If you didn't do the entire event, you were stuck with now no longer a 3* character, but a 2* character. He synergizes too well with Krennic, and you need him if you want Krennic to be at least semi comfortable, but how is anyone supposed to use a 2* character in arena?

On a the other end of the spectrum, why would you receive 2/3rd of the shards you need for a promo, and not the other ten? It wouldn't be rocket science to just add five to the first two tiers.
  • Duza wrote: »
    character cadence...whale's get the 7 star for the price of a vacation, small used car, the rest of us wait till june for the sith's and nihilus... to be put at a farmable place...... rogue one characters will be released on an impossible node within 3-6 weeks...

I don't think that'll happen. Just look at Shoretrooper. He got out on obviously the easiest node aside from A-1.
  • Just consider the toons to be released three months after the event. A few weeks before that, you can pay to get them. Immediately following the event, you can pay a much higher amount to get them. Rather, you have the option to pay for early access to these new characters. I'd rather have 50-70 shards of a farm gifted to me and then get a farm method in two or three months than have to start from scratch.
  • another lets complain about anything and everything thread.
  • What are you talking about OP? Tier 4 is just a bonus for people who are at max level. You can unlock the character at tier 3. These events are well balanced and people who don't have end game content shouldn't complain when they can't do end game stuff.

They are letting you see how the character plays and you can determine if it fits your needs. If you don't like the character then simply ignore it or wait for it to become farmable. If you're f2p you have to wait and if you're p2w you can simply get the character through the special packs or chromium packs. Unfortunately that's how this game works.

I'm not knocking you and respect everyone's opinions but it's pretty annoying to see the same posts all the time of people whining for absolutely every little thing. This game's primary purpose is to make all the money it can. Fun for players comes second. The sooner people engrave this in their minds, the easier it is to move on and determine how you wanna play this game.
  • Pretty sure you just need to chill, bruh. Marquee events are fine you get to see what the character does and then just hit auto and get free shards and credits. No reason to complain about free things, better than just releasing a character into a random hard node and putting them into packs.
  • I think the event is ok.
  • TS, I want you to know I fully auto'd tier 4 today with an ewok team, and they barely got through my protection (when fully auto, my guys wouldn't focus fire giving the enemy more time to do damage ;) )
  • Complain threads need to chill. The events are good. They let us get characters for free. Last year all the best toons were P2P until 6-8 months (or more). Tier IV is a reward for P2P and long time players. If you can't get it, well, sorry. Wait 8-12 weeks and then you'll definitely be able to farm it for free.
    People would still complain even if they could get a 7* toon for free:
    "This character sucks, I liked it better when we had to pay for good characters instead of getting bad ones."
    "Why give us more characters when we want more events."
    "Stop releasing that many characters if you're not going to do something about the gear/mod drop rates."
    "You should fix the characters we already have instead of releasing new ones."
  • I can agree that the character you get isn't very useful. It's not going to be able to compete in Arena at the low star level, and it's barred from Challenges and Raids as well. That pretty much leaves me going through GW with it, and for most people that's such a chore they'd rather just use their A team and mow through it as quickly as possible. So for most, yes, it's effectively a useless character in your roster.

However, I'd personally MUCH rather have a useless character in my roster than not have it at all! That being said, I think these events are great because getting the character for free is fantastic, even if I never use it, and I'm sure (as with characters of the past) it'll be possible to get the character up to where it needs to be and when that time comes, I'll already have it sitting in my roster, waiting to go. (or I could be gearing it up in the meantime, if I'm one of those people who just has too much gear laying around...Those people exist right?)

I do also agree that the events are too far apart. I'd like to just get the whole thing presented to me for the duration of the time it would be available regularly and just let people go through it at their own pace. Of course that's just my impatience talking. If they did that, we'd complete the entire event, have the latest character unlocked and be on here complaining about how there's nothing going on.

My advice to your complaints is probably the best advice anyone can give anyone when it comes to this game: Have patience.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    At least you can get the character geared up while u wait to be able to farm it
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • What are you talking about OP? Tier 4 is just a bonus for people who are at max level. You can unlock the character at tier 3. These events are well balanced and people who don't have end game content shouldn't complain when they can't do end game stuff.

They are letting you see how the character plays and you can determine if it fits your needs. If you don't like the character then simply ignore it or wait for it to become farmable. If you're f2p you have to wait and if you're p2w you can simply get the character through the special packs or chromium packs. Unfortunately that's how this game works.

I'm not knocking you and respect everyone's opinions but it's pretty annoying to see the same posts all the time of people whining for absolutely every little thing. This game's primary purpose is to make all the money it can. Fun for players comes second. The sooner people engrave this in their minds, the easier it is to move on and determine how you wanna play this game.

First: There's nothing that says Tier IV is a bonus, all it does is give another description of the character you're using.
    Second: You can't truly see how the character would play at 3*. If I used a three starred Maul, I can guarantee my results as well as everyone else's would be much more different. You can't just hinder a character's power like that and expect it to be what they're trying to sell through the Marquee event and on packs. "You liked a fully starred, gear 12 character and thought it was good? Well now it can have the same star rating as your Bistan that you'll do nothing with!"
    Third: I respect your opinion as well, and there's nothing wrong with making money, but they aren't even using any common sense about it. I'm saying something on the (very minimal, I know, I've seen the Nerf Wiggs threads and look how that worked out) off chance that someone will read this and at least fix it a little bit. Just a little.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    The marquee events are boring, way too easy, and pretty lame tbh.

All these unlocked heroes are all going to sit at their 3-4* level 1 collecting dust until they can be reasonably farmed that isn't from overpriced gamble packs.

Just the way it is, no complaints from me, and I'm sure it's awesome for those itching to spend.

Not surprised tournament haters are finding things to complain about.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Give us more free stuff! We want everything handed on a platter regardless of our level or quality of our roster! Nerf Wiggs!
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Pretty sure you just need to chill, bruh. Marquee events are fine you get to see what the character does and then just hit auto and get free shards and credits. No reason to complain about free things, better than just releasing a character into a random hard node and putting them into packs.

I mean that's what EA will probably do anyway, but I get your point. My point is, however, that this could all be done quicker, they could give more (not the entire character, and nothing massive, but at least the last ten shards), and they'd still make a profit at the end of the day. It's pretty simple.
  • Tactyou wrote: »
    I think the event is ok.

I respect your opinion.
  • Complain threads need to chill. The events are good. They let us get characters for free. Last year all the best toons were P2P until 6-8 months (or more). Tier IV is a reward for P2P and long time players. If you can't get it, well, sorry. Wait 8-12 weeks and then you'll definitely be able to farm it for free.
    People would still complain even if they could get a 7* toon for free:
    "This character sucks, I liked it better when we had to pay for good characters instead of getting bad ones."
    "Why give us more characters when we want more events."
    "Stop releasing that many characters if you're not going to do something about the gear/mod drop rates."
    "You should fix the characters we already have instead of releasing new ones."

The events are... well I've already explained myself, no point making a block for no reason. While the best characters might've been P2P last year, the old method of packs and nodes would have worked perfectly fine, these three characters didn't need to be a week long **** tease for something that takes five minutes on auto.

As for the issues you give as examples, they're not my problem, and back on your beginning note, if you don't like these threads, why did you click on it, read through what I had to say, then leave a comment?
  • TS, I want you to know I fully auto'd tier 4 today with an ewok team, and they barely got through my protection (when fully auto, my guys wouldn't focus fire giving the enemy more time to do damage ;) )

Yub Nub.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    another lets complain about anything and everything thread.

If you don't like these threads, stop clicking on them, reading them, then leaving comments on them.
    Pretty sure you just need to chill, bruh. Marquee events are fine you get to see what the character does and then just hit auto and get free shards and credits. No reason to complain about free things, better than just releasing a character into a random hard node and putting them into packs.

I mean that's what EA will probably do anyway, but I get your point. My point is, however, that this could all be done quicker, they could give more (not the entire character, and nothing massive, but at least the last ten shards), and they'd still make a profit at the end of the day. It's pretty simple.

You get the character at exactly 3* (with no extrashards), not many people will buy packs to get the 4th star
    You get the character at 4* with no extra, even less will buy packs to get the 5th star
    You get the character at 3* +20 shards with 10 missing to 4*, quite a lot of people will at least think about getting the remaining 10 shards...

At the end of the day, they make more money this way...

And yes, trooper & assassin are both arena viable at 3*s (same as chirrut, shore, baze, krennic, deathtrooper are and nihilus most likely will be)
  • I can agree that the character you get isn't very useful. It's not going to be able to compete in Arena at the low star level, and it's barred from Challenges and Raids as well. That pretty much leaves me going through GW with it, and for most people that's such a chore they'd rather just use their A team and mow through it as quickly as possible. So for most, yes, it's effectively a useless character in your roster.

However, I'd personally MUCH rather have a useless character in my roster than not have it at all! That being said, I think these events are great because getting the character for free is fantastic, even if I never use it, and I'm sure (as with characters of the past) it'll be possible to get the character up to where it needs to be and when that time comes, I'll already have it sitting in my roster, waiting to go. (or I could be gearing it up in the meantime, if I'm one of those people who just has too much gear laying around...Those people exist right?)

I do also agree that the events are too far apart. I'd like to just get the whole thing presented to me for the duration of the time it would be available regularly and just let people go through it at their own pace. Of course that's just my impatience talking. If they did that, we'd complete the entire event, have the latest character unlocked and be on here complaining about how there's nothing going on.

My advice to your complaints is probably the best advice anyone can give anyone when it comes to this game: Have patience.

I appreciate the advice, it works good in most scenarios :smile:

As for your point, I agree, having little is better than having none. I just wish they'd actually give enough to make it semi-viable, so when we had the character geared, he wasn't just a bench warmer, we all have enough of those :tongue:
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Give us more free stuff! We want everything handed on a platter regardless of our level or quality of our roster! Nerf Wiggs!

Buff Wiggs pls?

As for your point, I agree, having little is better than having none. I just wish they'd actually give enough to make it semi-viable, so when we had the character geared, he wasn't just a bench warmer, we all have enough of those :tongue:

They are arena viable at low stars... At top lvls of arena
  • J0K3R wrote: »
    At least you can get the character geared up while u wait to be able to farm it

That's true, but then they do nothing until packs re-emerge and they're given nodes.
  • Winstar wrote: »
    The marquee events are boring, way too easy, and pretty lame tbh.

All these unlocked heroes are all going to sit at their 3-4* level 1 collecting dust until they can be reasonably farmed that isn't from overpriced gamble packs.

Just the way it is, no complaints from me, and I'm sure it's awesome for those itching to spend.

Not surprised tournament haters are finding things to complain about.

I actually liked Tourneys, they gave me something to burn ally points with.

That's because they have synergies to hell and back. Chirrut has Baze to cover him. Krooper revives and heals each other, as well as there's a pack out that you can farm them with.

That's because they have synergies to hell and back. Chirrut has Baze to cover him. Krooper revives and heals each other, as well as there's a pack out that you can farm them with.

Point being... You can use them at their respective stars

You get the character at exactly 3* (with no extrashards), not many people will buy packs to get the 4th star
    You get the character at 4* with no extra, even less will buy packs to get the 5th star
    You get the character at 3* +20 shards with 10 missing to 4*, quite a lot of people will at least think about getting the remaining 10 shards...

At the end of the day, they make more money this way...

And yes, trooper & assassin are both arena viable at 3*s (same as chirrut, shore, baze, krennic, deathtrooper are and nihilus most likely will be)

If there was a four star character, quite a lot of people would consider going the rest of the way. You're already over halfway to getting them maxed.

Also, what team at the top 5 have you seen use her and him in arena? Or the top 10? Top 50, even?