Beware, Sith Assassin indeed bugged

Prev1
Durrun
1019 posts Member
As many suspected at her release sith assassins stealth mechanic is indeed bugged under zeta maul lead. Upon using her special "dark shroud" she gains stealth for 2! Turns and foresight. If the enemy then uses an aoe attack it will remove the foresight and grant TM as expected, but then at the start of her next turn she will lose stealth and gain advantage thus rendering both her basic attack and more importantly her "electrocute" basically useless as it won't bypass protection or deal extra damage. This is a very serious bug as it renders her almost useless under a maul lead and ruins the characters ability interactions.
Due to how much it messes with her usage I felt it was necessary to post here in addition to the bug report section. I encourage anyone hoping to use her under maul lead to drop a quick "bump" in the bug report post. Let's see if we can get this resolved quickly so we can enjoy the new character to her fullest!! Thank you.

Replies

• #FixTeeboFirst

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • Seems they can't get the stealth problem resolved.
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    We all knew this was coming .. It's the same issue as Teebo .. If they fix it it will fix both

It's a simple fix and I'm sure it happens with other buffs as well it is just not noticed.

The problem is when a non-stacking buff is applied to a toon it overwrites the existing buff, even if the buff is for less rounds than the one that is already applied.

What happens is she does a guaranteed evade because of foresight, therefore stealth is applied for one turn, even though she already had stealth for 2 turns.

simple code change to look at existing buff and if the current buff lasts longer than the new one, don't apply it.

Edit: I know they have said it isn't an easy fix, I just don't understand why it wouldn't be easy
    Post edited by Tromedlov13 on
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Why it would not be easy: because you have states, and they use a query type language to define their action xD
  • This would be such an obvious issue to consider when designing and implementing a mechanic like this, it's amazing it made it to release.

Either the testing must've been really poor, or they're aware of it and just decided to release (and sell) a bugged character anyway.
  • MackemSLAM wrote: »
    This would be such an obvious issue to consider when designing and implementing a mechanic like this, it's amazing it made it to release.

Either the testing must've been really poor, or they're aware of it and just decided to release (and sell) a bugged character anyway.

Looking at their track record i dont think there is any testing whatsoever ha
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    So lame for releasing bug/broken characters. And they are going to charge $1000 to 7* her.
    Greedy people that DO NOT CARE about the consumer. Get the money and run
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Grpeephole303
    1076 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Jetlife wrote: »
    So lame for releasing bug/broken characters. And they are going to charge $1000 to 7* her.

Technically.... its Maul thats bugged not her all they have to add is if ally is already stealthed gain like 1% evade
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I can's say anything dramatic because I already have a warning on me but you all know how I feel about this sith assassin matter.

giphy.gif
  • Jetlife wrote: »
    So STU=PID for releasing bug/broken characters. And they are going to charge $1000 to 7* her.

Technically.... its Maul thats bugged not her all they have to add is if ally is already stealthed gain like 1% evade

They released a character that has a bug. Saying that it's maul who bugged her is wrong because EA released this character obviously without much testing. Maul is the most used top end arena lead for siths. Remeber each sith has a lead and EVERY solid sith squad has zaul lead.

If they have already known about this bug for 10+ months(same bug teebo has) why would they release this character; it's because they don't care about the consumer like I said.

They knew people were going to use her under zaul and yet they still didn't care and released a broken character.
    There is no "but it's zauls fault". EA knew this would happen but still did it.

If they can't fix a bug from 10+ months. Change the dang abilities. Quit this false advertising.they need to change teebos/sith assassin abilities to actually work if they aren't smart enough to fix it.

EA employee: but it's too haaard to fix it.
    EA boss: oh it's okay than. We will still make bank off of it and who cares about the consumer
  • It's not Maul who is bugged, it's how the assassin interacts with Mauls (works fine) ability. This really needs to be fixed for both her and Teebo.
  • A fix on Teebo would be like the start of a new era. A day to start looking forward again, and restore our faith that in the end, things get fixed.

So it obviously will never happen.
  • They plan ahead, so in 6 months time, they gonna release the perfect teebo and assassin, at 2,999 crystals per shard lol
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Gents let's try to keep this from being an attack on the devs directly. Discuss but don't be overly insulting please it's more likely to be fixed if threads like this aren't closed for TOS breach. Thank you.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    From my understanding if sith assasin operates on the same mechanics as teebo then good luck with a fix for assasin if that's the case.

They haven't fixed teebo for months and months which makes me think there is a game program coding problem as a road block.
  • We all knew this was coming .. It's the same issue as Teebo .. If they fix it it will fix both

It's a simple fix and I'm sure it happens with other buffs as well it is just not noticed.

The problem is when a non-stacking buff is applied to a toon it overwrites the existing buff, even if the buff is for less rounds than the one that is already applied.

What happens is she does a guaranteed evade because of foresight, therefore stealth is applied for one turn, even though she already had stealth for 2 turns.

simple code change to look at existing buff and if the current buff lasts longer than the new one, don't apply it.

Edit: I know they have said it isn't an easy fix, I just don't understand why it wouldn't be easy

It's because they don't write their own code.
  • I really just do think the initial implementation of the game was just really poorly written code and the people writing it just aren't experienced enough, good enough, or care enough to fix it.
  • They fix stuff for us all the nurfs all the buffs new content....and if it was an easy fix it would be fixed. Like momma used to say" quit crying or I'll give yenns a reason to cry!" Go on reddit and gripe. Don't rune MY game with it.
  • Disappointing
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Why it would not be easy: because you have states, and they use a query type language to define their action xD

@Neo2551 exactly, which is why it is easy, they already have routines that check for the existence of a buff for attacks and other buffs (just look at how Assassin already works) so just check to see if stealth already exists and don't overwrite it with a buff that lasts less time, or as previously stated, change Maul (and Teebo lead) to be if they already have stealth give them evasion up or defense up or something for a turn instead.

There are about 8 different ways to fix this unless it is as stated below
    Olddumper wrote: »
    We all knew this was coming .. It's the same issue as Teebo .. If they fix it it will fix both

It's because they don't write their own code.

if that is true then there is little hope they can fix this

P.S. former/current coder that works for a software company. This should be an easy, fifteen minute fix if the software was developed with any 'framework' to it
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Nikka488
    277 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you for bringing this to light. I was ready to move on gearing up sith assassin but will hold now. I was so ready yesterday to spend to get her geared up & then buy some packs for her. But if I understand correctly the bug actually negates her viability on my arena team.
  • Jetlife wrote: »

Oh they'll definitely fix her because it'll her their bottom line otherwise, Teebo on the other hand..
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Yes fix teebo and yub nub
    Look into the eyes of the dragon and despair....
  • scuba
    14040 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I find it surprising that anyone would have thought it would have worked differently.

100% expected the same problems. The dev team would be all over it if they had a fix for teebo (much rejoicing I'm the forum would have been had) , which if sith Assassin worked correctly under Maul lead that means there would also be a fix for teebo.
  • Pretty sure the devs have already stated that to fix the teebo issue stealth mechanic would need a complete rework which also means to fix this issue the solution is the same as above, can anybody confirm?
    Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Ya that's what they said way back in the day
  • At least it makes a cool noise now...
    Look into the eyes of the dragon and despair....
  • Skrotez
    71 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    They've got a few days to get it fixed before the $$. Let's see if it happens.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    This has been flagged as a bug and sent up to our dev team for review. We're hoping to nudge this in alongside our future Quality of Life update. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon thank you kozi really appreciate the response and timeliness of addressing this good to know we're listened to.
This discussion has been closed.