Mod shop

I didn't get any replies yesterday, so I'll try again. Perhaps I worded my question wrong. Does anybody know if you significantly increase your odds of 5 dot mods showing up in the shop after eating tier three of the defensive mod challenge? I'm debating staring up my 5th Jedi, or spending the cantina currency 6 starring my QGJ as he is in my arena squad. I have a conflict because Ashoka is my 5th Jedi.

Replies

• I recently completed the 3rd tier of the defensive mod challenge and got a note that said the rate would be higher, I haven't really noticed that it has changed much but supposedly yes the chance is increased.
  • I've gotten two five dot speed arrows in the last two days from the mod shop. The increase isn't huge, but it makes a difference, and sometimes you get lucky.
  • Red_Madness
    367 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I suppose it should increase the chance but I see 5* mods often enough without having done the 3rd tier of defense mod challengues.
    This is a signature.
  • Thanks for the feedback guys. My current mods are horrible, but I think an extra star for an arena member outweighs completing the third tier. I fall in and out of the top 50, so anything to help a top 50 finish is priority. I've just been using Ashoka a lot in GW lately and could use the help there too.
  • You need to do T3 of at least 2 challenges for 5 dot mods to show up at all in the shop. If you haven't done any other than defense, do T3 of defense. 5 dot mods >>>> QGJ, mods are the most important part of the game.
  • I have done t3 of health and tenacity and have never seen a single 5 star mod. I heard the defense plays a role, but I thought you only needed tier II? Someone who knows please step in.
  • I have done t3 of health and tenacity and have never seen a single 5 star mod. I heard the defense plays a role, but I thought you only needed tier II? Someone who knows please step in.

In order to get good mods, one needs to beat all three tiers of health, and, realistically, all three of defense. Yes, you may see one occasionally after the first two tiers of defense, but beating all three makes the biggest difference.

Unfortunately, it's not any mod tier. It's specifically health and defense.
  • Well, I guess 5 star Asoka it is then. My mods are so terrible.
  • I think you're goal should be to 3* all mod challeneges at some point. Defense mods are pretty weak but it's a good starting point, especially since Jedi are easy to farm