DARK ALLIES HELPER IS BUGGED

Allies aren't showing up in dark battles!

Replies

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Are you sure your allies have leaders that aren't currently in your team?
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    How does that work you pick an ally before your team...
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    Options
    thats broken, user should be able to select any available ally, and then organize the group with their own characters
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    rotam wrote: »
    thats broken, user should be able to select any available ally, and then organize the group with their own characters

It happens to work that way over in challenges, but for some reason not elsewhere. You have to spend energy to run a battle without someone, then see if your allies happen to have them. Not ideal, but that's how it works. We think. (Never been any Dev input on the system.)
  • Options
    Chewy popups up in my light dark battle and we all own Chewy. So why does it not work like that in dark battles? I only see leaders whose characters I do not own. Tremendous flaw since everyone uses Sideous or Phasma unless they are a whale
  • rotam
    120 posts Member
    Options
    is not about what you own, is about what characters are selected by default. If you see chewie is because is not a starter in your team
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Kesiss wrote: »
    Chewy popups up in my light dark battle and we all own Chewy. So why does it not work like that in dark battles? I only see leaders whose characters I do not own. Tremendous flaw since everyone uses Sideous or Phasma unless they are a whale

We all own chewie, yes. But are you running him on your light team? I never see him as any ally choice since I use him.
  • Options
    FYI - This post belongs in the Bugs section.

However, I'm not clear on what the problem is that you're seeing. I just tried it and I had a full set of allies to choose from, and the one I selected appeared on the Squad screen and also in Battle.

Where is it breaking down for you?
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options

However, I'm not clear on what the problem is that you're seeing. I just tried it and I had a full set of allies to choose from, and the one I selected appeared on the Squad screen and also in Battle.

Dark side allies, I normally have 0 or 1 while other game modes I often have 6. I sometimes have 5 Phasma in cantina and no heroes at all for DS.
  • Options
    Randall wrote: »

Dark side allies, I normally have 0 or 1 while other game modes I often have 6. I sometimes have 5 Phasma in cantina and no heroes at all for DS.

glad to see I am not only one with this problem. I have 35 allies yet I have only 3-5 allies to choose from. Yet my entire list is mainly dark leaders.
  • Options
    Having the same problem all options are many levels below my own
  • Options
    most people have Sid or Phasma as leaders in DS. Assuming both of those guys are already in your squad, they won't show as ally options in your ally page. Maybe that is it?
  • MaceMazer
    126 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I agree. DS allies are defiantly broken. In training challenges I get many options to lend Phasma's , talia's , Daka's etc and in my DS battles I don't actually have any options to lend a toon from Ally. Always have to choose some random cruddy Gear V dude
  • Options
    @CG_JohnSalera

Did you guys really not know this is an issue? It is complained about daily...not as much as GW, but at least once daily a new thread pops up.

Here is a very detailed explanation of the problem:

People have 35/35 allies.
    When doing CHALLENGES - awesome allies show up. Level 63 Daka with 4K power, Level 64 Phasma with 4K power

When doing missions - junk shows up. Maybe 1-4 allies that net us 20 ally points, but nothing good. ANNNDDD, then...5+ junk. Level 40 lobot with 1500 power that we are not really allies with so it only nets us 10 ally points instead of 20.

What is the formula that enables allies to show up? Why do good allies ONLY show up when doing challenges. Why do crap allies show up during LS and DS missions?
  • Options
    By the looks of it, you only get character helpers who are NOT on your default team. Your default team is essentially your top 5 power characters. Is it planned because it was a pretty stupid plan. Punish players for having more characters? What a joke.

Actually, the bigger joke is that you are not aware of it.
  • Options
    Can anyone explain why the AI provides players (us) with ally characters that your real (player) ally doesn't have? I have 3 accounts with which I've allied together and I repeatedly am given an ally character I don't have. Ex: the other day one of my names popped up with a 2* Kylo Ren! Not only do I not have him (I wish... I've spent a couple hundred dollars and the more I spend, the worse the Chromium card rewards get...) but 2* Kylo doesn't exist!! I was very disappointed because now I know that fake characters pop up all the time... .
  • Seanb003
    15 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    And btw, I have gotten allies from my third row. So oddly, it seems a bit random. But I usually get allies from my top 5..