How Much You Wanna Bet

That the zKylo Ren soloing P1 HAAT's will be announced as a bug (the skill that resets the cooldown of escape), and they will say in Bug notes: Fixed Kylo Ren being able to escape more times than he should due to his unique resetting the cool down of escape!
I'm calling it :)

Replies

• It wouldn't if people didn't keep coming to the official forums and announce it over and over for the devs to see :D
  • I'd be more surprised if they didn't do it
  • It's almost 100% a bug that needs to be fixed anyway
  • I think Resistance Trooper has a similar bug. During the Ground Assault his special that resets its cooldown by 2 if the enemy was debuffed also resets the cooldown of the event special ability.

This is more of a bug than the Kylo thing because it says specifically that it reduces only its cooldown. But since Resistance Trooper has no other abilities, they seemed to have just coded reset "all" cooldowns.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    does it matter though? It's not like p1 is particularly hard and it won't affect zkylo outside of raids.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Roadburn12 wrote: »
    It's almost 100% a bug that needs to be fixed anyway

That's what I think as well, more to the point tho who has that kind of time to "solo" p1 like that, not even close to be worth it.
  • Yeah, if people out there want to spend that hour and a half to two hours doing that, let 'em. That's not what I would call a quick exploit. I'm sure it's a bug, but there's bigger fixes out there worth doing.

How? It gives you the retreat ability. And since it reduces cooldowns on abilities, it reduces the retreat cooldown.
    All of your characters gain the following ability within the raid
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Roadburn12
    542 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Supercat wrote: »
    Roadburn12 wrote: »

How? It gives you the retreat ability. And since it reduces cooldowns on abilities, it reduces the retreat cooldown.
    Because it's not a ability associated with kylo himself it's an outside bonus ability granted by the raid.

Kylo's unique says it resets HIS abilities not all abilities

Edit: spelling
  • Then Kylo can be the next "Refund my Zeta because you fixed a bug Character"
  • Fixing that is the right thing to do

Because it's not a ability associated with kylo himself it's an outside bonus ability granted by the raid.

When you give a gift, do you still own it?

What your answer is according to what you say is "yes".
  • Supercat wrote: »

Less of a gift, and more of a "I just super modded your car, but now you're getting speeding tickets so I'm going to tone it down a bit so you don't cause an accident and hurt someone else"
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    AB blocks escape, so absolutely his unique should reset it. Escape also triggers Tactical Genius. So IMO, WAI.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    AB blocks escape, so absolutely his unique should reset it. Escape also triggers Tactical Genius. So IMO, WAI.

The only true way to figure out if it is WAI is to ask a Dev :P. I'm honestly unsure of what they think of it

In the raid Kylo (along with everyone else) gains the ability to escape, so yes that would be one of HIS abilities.

crzydroid wrote: »
    Mullato wrote: »

In the raid Kylo (along with everyone else) gains the ability to escape, so yes that would be one of HIS abilities.

Well if it does in fact count as their own ability (which I doubt) then things that reduce cooldown (zeta Finn lead) should also be reducing the cooldowns of escape for the entire resistance squad which from what I've seen so far doesn't happen. Now I don't have zeta Finn to test so someone will have to confirm whether that is the case or not
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Less of a gift, and more of a "I just super modded your car, but now you're getting speeding tickets so I'm going to tone it down a bit so you don't cause an accident and hurt someone else"

Somebody doesn't know what the "give" means...
    Vertigo wrote: »

Somebody doesn't know what the "give" means...

I mean, it wasn't really a gift though, that's the problem with the analogy...

Well if it does in fact count as their own ability (which I doubt) then things that reduce cooldown (zeta Finn lead) should also be reducing the cooldowns of escape for the entire resistance squad which from what I've seen so far doesn't happen. Now I don't have zeta Finn to test so someone will have to confirm whether that is the case or not

But why would you wanna escape a resistance squad. You would need to escape the whole squad, and if someone misses the escape it messes the momentum up
  • Mullato wrote: »

But why would you wanna escape a resistance squad. You would need to escape the whole squad, and if someone misses the escape it messes the momentum up

He's not saying he wants to, he's just saying someone should double check to see if Finn's Zeta lead reduces the cooldown of escape by 1 or not.

That's not the point, it's just a test to see how the cooldown lowering interacts with the escape ability. If it lowers the cooldown that supports kylos unique being WAI if it doesn't then kylo is almost certainly a bug
  • Man you guys are too much. Who cares if it's a bug. Let the homie Kylo shine. Dude been on the bench for almost a year. Let the devs do thier job.
  • Tjbear02 wrote: »
    That the zKylo Ren soloing P1 HAAT's will be announced as a bug (the skill that resets the cooldown of escape), and they will say in Bug notes: Fixed Kylo Ren being able to escape more times than he should due to his unique resetting the cool down of escape!
    I'm calling it :)

That's worth some extra interweb points!
    Man you guys are too much. Who cares if it's a bug. Let the homie Kylo shine. Dude been on the bench for almost a year. Let the devs do thier job.

I mean, I don't really think it needs to change honestly, it does count as an ability so refreshing the cooldowns of his abilities is working as described. I do think that someone should see if the Resistance Squad does the same thing though.
    Man you guys are too much. Who cares if it's a bug. Let the homie Kylo shine. Dude been on the bench for almost a year. Let the devs do thier job.

I'm pretty sure fixing bugs is part of what the devs job is ;)

Ok, if it's a bug let them figure it out and fix it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited February 2017

it is, but is it a bug? Even if it is a bug, it shouldn't be high on the priority list imo.
    Save water, drink champagne!