Current "Ships Meta"? - Strongest fleet combination and admiral

Prev13
Bendak
59 posts Member
edited February 2017
This is really only directed at people who focus on fleet battles a lot and are near the top of or otherwise dominating their Fleet Arena shard. I am curious about what is the strongest combination and layout of ships for the Fleet Arena. What are good stand-alone ships, and what are strong synergies?

From what I have been able to gather, Ackbar is currently the strongest all-around Fleet Commander, but what are his best ships and synergies? Interested to hear everyone's thoughts, thanks!

Edit: Please specify between strength on Offense and strength on Defense, if there is any difference that you are aware of, it's possible the best ships are just best in all contexts.

Replies

• Eyi
    209 posts Member
    I hate to fight against teams that lock on every turn and biggs keeps gettin protection and protection .... drives me crazyyyyyyy
  • Bendak wrote: »
    This is really only directed at people who focus on fleet battles a lot and are near the top of or otherwise dominating their Fleet Arena shard. I am curious about what is the strongest combination and layout of ships for the Fleet Arena. What are good stand-alone ships, and what are strong synergies?

From what I have been able to gather, Ackbar is currently the strongest all-around Fleet Commander, but what are his best ships and synergies? Interested to hear everyone's thoughts, thanks!

Ackbar is probably the weakest if you ask me.

Tarkin or mace with target lockers are by far the best current comp currently
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    Maraxus wrote: »
    Bendak wrote: »

Agree.
  • Which target lockers is he strong with, specifically? I assume the two farmable TIE fighters of course, any others that stand out?
  • Maraxus wrote: »

Ackbar is easiest to use on offense to start off with, but once your ships become more powerful he's not as good, and he's probably the worst one defensively in high end fleet arena.

Mace + republic ships (Plo, fives, JC, Clone Sarge, Rex, Ahsoka and then some tankier ships) is a great defensive fleet. They toss around taunts and heal protection left and right making them very hard to kill and very hard to kill in 7.5 minutes. Tarkin + FOTF, Imp TIE, and Boba and some more dark side ships works very well. They can do a lot of damage and FOTF is a huge pita to fight when theres a bunch of target locks being tossed around.
  • scuba wrote: »

Agree.

Disagree ..

What I've seen work very well is AA command

Tie, FoTie, Boba, Biggs, Shore/DT ship

The two ties and Boba lock all the time - AA keeps Biggs alive

Scimitar as primary reinforcement .. His special with AA command continuously healwith retribution

Then have consular and others as to finish off the squad
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Personally I run mace with vader tie, biggs, fives, fotf, and rex as my starting five. Maul is primary reinforce followed by JC and boba. Been top 5 in fleet since they launched.
  • I run Ackbar but that's only because my Mace and Tarkin are both garbage. Mace is super good on defense and offense, and target lock ships are really good with him. I currently run a target lock/healing hybrid. FOTP, Slave I, Biggs, Ashoka and Jedi Consular. GS and TFP for backup. The first three ships mentioned are really good for inflicting target lock, and once the target lock goes up Biggs can taunt, plus every time a target lock is inflicted he recovers protection. Then JC can help heal Biggs so e continues to taunt while the rest of my team does damage and Ashoka dispels any taunts
  • I'm around top 10 in my arena despite having a massive power disadvantage. I'm at around 83,000 power, rest of the people in the top 30ish are 100,00. I can handle myself on offense but defense not too good. I'd recommend focusing on Mace and some good target locking ships. They have great synergies
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Ackbar is flexible and works with any and all ships. I run Ackbar as commander but I think its the worst. Mace and Tarkin are better. Mace outclasses Ackbar by miles with the right team composition which is something a lot of people lack. Mace needs a lot of tankier ships like the clones which not a lot of people have and run. You can regenerate the large protection pool and keep switching the taunt around and leave Ackbar-led ships into a stalemate or beat them. Mace does really good in defense so its easier to hold rank.

The most hardest and best capital ship would be Tarkin. Empire ships have amazing synergy with Tarkin and they just keep going forever with the TM manipulation with FOTP and TIE fighter while hitting hard as hell. You can throw in a few other republic ships or a third affiliation / synergy with Tarkin-lead and still do good. I think Tarkin and Mace are pretty evenly match when it comes to which is better.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    scuba wrote: »

Agree.

Disagree ..

Scimitar as primary reinforcement .. His special with AA command continuously healwith retribution

Everytime I battle a AA fleet the capital ship gets very few turns, and when it does it is sending a reinforcement so it might get 1 heal or 1 attack in. I have not seen AA use its ultimate in battle in a long time.

Example. AA took 2 turns 1st was to renforce second was a heal.
    My endurance had 4 turns.
    rSSyd6Z.jpg

On offense he can of course win without problems.
  • Eyi
    209 posts Member
    Yung_Hen wrote: »
    I'm around top 10 in my arena despite having a massive power disadvantage. I'm at around 83,000 power, rest of the people in the top 30ish are 100,00. I can handle myself on offense but defense not too good. I'd recommend focusing on Mace and some good target locking ships. They have great synergies

10th with 83k??????

My god ... wt* my arena :(

Im around 135k and im generally 50th

First one is around 160k
  • I use akbar now. Switched from mace. Vader Biggs 5s maul jc. Target locks across the board, mauls special on Biggs, hit auto and watch. Easy wins as by the time 5s special comes back it clears whatever is left. Worst case Biggs dies slave 1 comes in and mops up with its special. Not sure how it holds up on defense, guess it depends who maul uses his special on.
  • I run the following at 167k, regularly #1 but some folks have started buying packs so Falcon , Slave 1, Tie Reaper etc have started showing up alot

Akbar
    Poe
    Vader
    Biggs
    TFP
    Fives

Maul on the bench with 2 others. Might go back to JC being on the frontline. Had him in the main lineup before along with Ahsoka
  • WhiskeyPug
    338 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I use AA with Biggs, vader, geo spy, scimitar, and boba. Reinforcements are fives, sun fac and Jc. I have two options usually, stack target lock and hit with boba/fives for mass damage or use scimitar stealth and geo spy to one shot someone. Scimitar + Biggs is also huge with AA lead. I finish 1st almost daily, farthest I fall is 6th. Everyone is maxed.

For me it comes down to who I have geared the most, character wise, and AA allows for decent synergy with a bunch of scrubs. If I had both tie pilots I'd probably run tarkin but I don't, and not worth it to gear them up so that I fall to 2/3 instead of 6th max. I tear up the "perfect" mace team daily but a large part to the two stray options mentioned above
  • My ships aren't very well developed, but I finish top 10 with the occasional top 5 running:

G11 AA, 6* home one

G11 5* Biggs x wing
    G11 4* Tie X1
    G9 6*JC star fighter
    G11 5* Imp Tie
    G11 5* Slave One

G10 5* Umbarran
    G11 6* Wedges Xwing
    G11 5* Sun Fac

All of the fleets I face are nothing but 7* ships, with the odd sub-7* Vader.

The strategy is to spread out target locks and damage, then call in 5's for the grand slam.
    Doesn't hold up on D but it's allowed me to Zeta 4 toons so far.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/siskin/
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • HeWhoWanders
    155 posts Member
    edited February 2017

IDK I've held second since the start of my leader board with AA.

• You know why Mace isn't the best, because once you have Tano is Ultimate is no longer as threatening. There are no Moffs in my leaderboard top 10 so I cannot really judge him.
  • Maraxus wrote: »

IDK I've held second since the start of my leader board with AA.

I'm gonna guess that your fleet leader board isn't full of old whales? Ackbar is great to start, but once your ships start getting more powerful he loses his value. It's a fairly easy win on offense, but the AI plays ackbar pretty poorly.
  • I also feel ships are more open. I don't think there is an unbeatable lineup.
  • The best fleet ship is going to be tarkin then mace. Ackbar is the worst at the high end.

Fotp, Tie, boba, Biggs and Vader is my starting 5 but Bistan is a good option too with maul, fives and Rex or sun fac as my next 3. Rarely fall out of top 5...for a while it was not beatable by the ackbar leads on my shard.
  • Flamethrow
    335 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I am still top 3 with ackbar lead,

TFP g11 lvl 80 7 star
    Ashoka g10 lvl 80 6 star (91/100)
    Biggs g10 lvl 82 7 star
    Wiggs g10 lvl 80 6 star
    TIE advanced g11 lvl 78 4 star

Reinforcement is:

Darth maul g10 lvl 75 6 star
    Fives g9 lvl 75 5 star
    Sun fact g10 lvl 75 6 star

• While people say, that Endurance is defensive ship (which I agree), I use it more offensively. My starting 5 is Biggs b/c of his taunt, JC (assist with Slave I target locks), Ashoka, Slave I and fives. Endurance basic gives target lock, Biggs taunts, Slave I target locks, umbaran starfighter target locks and damages other target locked ships, and after that it's just Endurance AoE every turn. My reserves are imperial tie (for target lock), Sun Fac as second tank and Wedge just for damage if I haven't already wiped out opponents fleet.

I'm always top 20, usually top 10.
  • E00N
    147 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I am running Tarkins Executrix and i am standing with 115k power in top 6 .

I have some problems with defense with heavy target lock fleet - AI using my fleet very badly.

My Ships :

Vaders TIE, IMP TIE, Boba, SunFac, Biggs , Wedge, Fives, Ashoka

Maybe i need any change for beat brutal Mace Defense posts.

P.S. i am only Tarkin on top 30 positions.
  • its0v3r9000
    7 posts Member
    edited March 2017

Agree.

Disagree ..

This is what I run. I find its very effective. But I don't have the shore ship super high yet, so I run wedge or JC instead.

Boba blasting with lots of target locks is just gross.

I find Tarkin really, really wants Vader ship, so it puts him out of reach for me. Mace is just the best for holding rank IMO.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    People who are saying tarkins ship is good have never used him..
  • I use AA with Biggs, Wedge, Ahsoka, 5's, and JC as my starters. My reinforcements are Maul, Boba, and CS. All are at least G8 7* and go up to G10. Ships range from 4*- 6*. With this team I rank 3-5 in my leaderboard
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member

Agree.

Disagree ..

Everytime I battle a AA fleet the capital ship gets very few turns, and when it does it is sending a reinforcement so it might get 1 heal or 1 attack in. I have not seen AA use its ultimate in battle in a long time.

Example. AA took 2 turns 1st was to renforce second was a heal.
    My endurance had 4 turns.
    rSSyd6Z.jpg

On offense he can of course win without problems.

Yup AA is easily the worst. Maybe he's easiest to start off ships with, but at the high level, I lol when I see AA ships because they get a maximum of 2 turns.

I prefer Mace with a team of target lockers, and some like tarkin as well, but at least offensively, I can't see how you could lose running Mace with 3 Ties, Biggs, and +1 with max ships/pilots.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • I run vader, tie fighter, fotf, boba, biggs in main squad under mace windu with 145 k power, also Maul ship is first reinforcement. I absolutely dominate on offense usually. If I get 2 TLs in first turn (which is almost guaranteed with my setup) before their biggs taunt it's utter domination from there. I spam AOE with mace ship over and over combined with the boba TL aoe it almost doesn't even seem fair and I'm beating fleets with 5-10k more power. Even if I dont get the intial TL's off the bat its still pretty easy to win. Also I only fall to 6th-7th place on defence at worst.

With my setup all logic seems to point to using tarkins ship but mace's ship just works so good with this setup. I'm working on getting my tarkin crew power and ship power up now (g9 tarkin ship is lvl 65 compared to my g10 mace and lvl 80 ship) however, everytime I test tarkins ship out I can't quite beat the teams that I can dominate using windus ship, obviously my windu ship is much stronger but I was still beating these same teams easily with mace when he was where my tarkin ship is now. So honestly idk if tarkins ship will ever be any better. I feel like my fleet right now is borderline OP on the offensive side.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Is there a ship meta? I pretty much battle the same team all of the time. Everyone on my shard runs either Mace or Akbar. Then everyone runs Biggs.

Not enough ships to have a different variety of teams imo. What I run is probably the most unique team. Executrix(only one in the top 50 that does), no Biggs. Nothing but darkside ships. Tie advanced, both tie fighters, sun fac, Slave 1, Scimitar. I have a few light side ships as reinforcements. Finish top 5.
This discussion has been closed.