Some questions about new Sith powers

So, a couple of questions if anyone knows.

Sidious - on a debuffed enemy he has a 100% chance to bypass defense. So...does that mean if an enemy has defense up, he completely passes it by? What does "bypass defense" actually mean?

Savage - Savage will "steal" the debuffs on a random Sith team member, and dispose of them in one turn, or if he's critically hit. But what about "Zader" DOT effects? How does that work? If Savage steals Zader-inflicted DOT debuffs from a team mate, is he stuck with them (i.e., the keep coming back to him after he dispells them), or do they re-appear on the original target?

Anyone know about these yet?

Replies

• Defense up is not a debuff, so it will not bypass that. They would need defense down, DoT, etc. I would assume that if they had Dup, AND a DoT, that the attack would bypass the defense up bonus as well as the based defense. That is only based on wording though.

Savage I'm not sure of. My concern would be that Savage steals the DoT for himself, but then under a Zader lead the other Sith would regain DoT because they lost them. So now Savage has DoT that will respawn after they expire, AND the random Sith also has DoTs respawn because they just lost them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    On savage- he would end up with the dots and so would the toon he took them from. Zader dots don't go away even when cleansed.
  • Treadhead2017
    516 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Defense up is not a debuff, so it will not bypass that.

But what if they have both? Say a Jedi squad with Plo Koon as lead has defense up. They also have DOT debuffs. Sid's attack say sit will ignore defense if they have a debuff; so, will that include ignoring defense up? If so, man...that's nasty for teams that depend on high defense for longevity (mostly Jedi, of course).

I have the same concern about Zader; want to know more about how that works. Because if Savage can take those dots away and they don't return except on him, that's a big advantage.
    Zader dots don't go away even when cleansed.

But these aren't cleansed; they're taken from one toon and given to another, which is a totally new mechanic. You're probably right, but I wish it was clearer.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Defense up doesn't matter just raises the amount of armor/resistance a character has.
    Sid gets 100% defense penetration when the ignore armor triggers.
  • But these aren't cleansed; they're taken from one toon and given to another, which is a totally new mechanic. You're probably right, but I wish it was clearer.

According to the in game ability description, savage first dispels the debuff from the target toon and then gains those debuffs... so yes it's a cleanse

• NicolBolas wrote: »
    But these aren't cleansed; they're taken from one toon and given to another, which is a totally new mechanic. You're probably right, but I wish it was clearer.

According to the in game ability description, savage first dispels the debuff from the target toon and then gains those debuffs... so yes it's a cleanse

He'll just end up stacking DoTs on himself lol.