Anyone else cringe at all the "Z" character names

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    I think it's just odd

I don't remeber hearing about Zader, but I do remember a Vader

Maybe the devs can replace all first letters with a Z: Znakin, Zoruscant Underworld Police, Zate Gunray, Zeneral Kenobi

Not too hard I bet

Edir: I know it stands for a character that has a zeta, but is zeta maul that time consuming to type?

the only thing odd about this whole thread is that you chose "zate gunray" when you could have said "Nute Zunray".
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Yeah the internet is full of lazy people unwilling to spell out whole words. Zeta is such a hard word to type in front of a character's name... Children and Adults alike needlessly shortening words due to lack of patience.
  • Mihai29 wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D
    The worst is Zoba, I can't stand that.

Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba
    Zoba

is it because I'm a clone
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    All hello breaks loose when Zam Wessell gets a zeta

a9018968c018a2503a94d5c8b844871c.gif
  • Winstar wrote: »
    All hello breaks loose when Zam Wessell gets a zeta

I've already seen people refer to her as zam zessel...
  • Good. Good. Everything is going well as I have foreseen.
  • And to anyone calling me out on the "lazy" remark I'm lazy too I'll type zvader instead of zeta vader, but I agree with the op the zader, zaul and so on is pretty annoying, but that's just my opinion, we'll and the opinion of at least a few others.
  • Zarmonkey likes
  • Oh dang, it's World War Z ::Que Muse soundtrack, que Brad pitt, aircraft carriers, QUE THE TWELFTH MAN!::

Also, things have been mispronounced, spelled differently, and converted to fit modern use forever. Jebus, it's not like all the languages in our world just dropped from the sky. Unless... indeed, you do believe that, but then this isn't the conspiracy web forum for you ::Hand gesture::
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    I think it's just odd

I don't remeber hearing about Zader, but I do remember a Vader

Maybe the devs can replace all first letters with a Z: Znakin, Zoruscant Underworld Police, Zate Gunray, Zeneral Kenobi

Not too hard I bet

Edir: I know it stands for a character that has a zeta, but is zeta maul that time consuming to type?

Not at all ZKhaleesi.

• Makes my think of the horrible Zima commercials.
  • "zomething different"
  • easy fix, simply include a LOWERCASE "z" in front of their names. zVader, zDooku, zSid, zETc. zEtc. zEtc.

I don't know who came up with "Krooper", that's just plain dumb. Dirper is much better, props to @Darth_Vanquis for Director Krennic and Death Trooper mashup.
    Krooper is the lamest thing. Just type DT and Krennic.

Zowever, za z's zone zeem zoo bothzer me.
    I love Krennic and the Deathtroopers but am so happy they didn't become meta so I don't have to hear "krooper" all the time

But yes I cringe everytime I see a "z" in front
  • Haha, I was explaining Zeta names to my boys (9 and 6) and it cracked them up.

Though I prefer Zett Man to Zoba.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    And here's a big surprise
    I find absolutely nothing wrong with substituting the first letter with Z
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Carbonari wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I think it's dumb. But equally dumb--no, I take that back--even dumber is blaming it on a lazy generation. Portmanteaus have been around for centuries.

^This.

I have been denoting zeta characters by a little "z" before their name. For example: zVader, zMaul. Takes me back to my formal logic classes.

That's a good way of doing it.

Personally, though, I just say Vader. Like, if we're talking about really good leaders and Vader comes up, obviously we're talking about a zeta upgrade =P

But, hey, so long as people get the idea I don't care!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • DarthLucaz wrote: »
    Yeah the internet is full of lazy people unwilling to spell out whole words. Zeta is such a hard word to type in front of a character's name... Children and Adults alike needlessly shortening words due to lack of patience.
    Did you post this using your personal computer or your cellular telephone?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Drax_77 wrote: »
    For a generation that is too lazy to type the word "and" and use either "n" or "nd" yes it's too much work for them to type out zeta, or even zmaul. I find it very annoying but try to just ignore it, saw one a minute ago that made me roll my eyes "zarth zihilus" ugh...

Well Nihilus has two different Zetas, so we're going to have Zarth Nihilus, Darth Zihilus, and Zarth Zihilus ;)
  • Brek
    60 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I thought it was so noobs have to ask 'what's a zader?'
    Krooper is the lamest thing. Just type DT and Krennic.

Zowever, za z's zone zeem zoo bothzer me.

I'm actually a fan of abbreviations like that. "DT and Krennic" is five syllables, while Krooper is only two. It implies their strong synergy as well - makes it easy to remember that they go together.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    This is not nearly as bad as people thinking apostrophes are used to pluralize.
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    Supercat wrote: »
    Some body doesn't want the typing meta to change...

Hahaha this made my day! :D

To be honest though I would prefer people putting "z" in front of the character name
    (Ex. zVader) or something similar. When new zeta toons come out or ones that are less frequently used are said, I often find myself wasting time to figure out what the toon is (not that long probably a few seconds, but still...)
  • crzydroid wrote: »

I c wht u did thr.
  • Snake2 wrote: »
    Not as annoying as Hayden Christensen

Haha!!

Well you could argue that it's condensed because we're all just trying to shorten the typing of team comps, which isn't bad, but if your personal taste finds it rough, yeah I don't know what to tell you. I just remember their real names don't start with a Z. Some of them are funny.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • I don't care so long as we all know what the abbreviations mean.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Brek wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

I c wht u did thr.

I didn't do anything. I made a comment. While the abbreviations in your response may seem annoying to some, at least there's a clear reason for them. Adding an apostrophe to create a plural form of a word introduces an unnecessary character, and a special character at that. It creates more work. There is no logical reason for it.
  • While laziness is likely, I will certainly admit laziness of not having to ask a person "Are you talking about Vader with or without a zeta?" If a person posts Zader, I avoid typing that follow up question. Their laziness compliments my laziness, I suppose.