Anyone else cringe at all the "Z" character names

12346Next

Replies

• I get Chaze, Krooper and Chirpatine... but wt* is Zidader?

Zeta Darth Sidious + Darth Vader. Put them in a shaker and you have Zidader.
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    I guess when all characters have Zetas the game is called Star Wars: Galaxy of Zeroes :D
  • It is lazy and stupid. Star Wars characters have their names. Use them. They are great names. If you are unable to focus on typing letters then don't type them at all.
  • It's a bit annoying, but not terribly so for me (not like people using 'prolly' ;) ).
    ThunderGun wrote: »
    I don't know what's wrong with zVader, zBoba, zMaul. It's literally one extra letter just looks better imo.

If someone doesn't write it with the 'Z'ader paradigm, rest assured someone will respond with the correction.

This! I definitely prefer to use a lower case 'z' in front of the characters name. It does look better and you're not botching the character's name like the other way.

I'm on board with this idea personally. Best of both worlds. Probably too late to change though. The proverbial cat is out of the bag.
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Surovi wrote: »
    It is lazy and ****. Star Wars characters have their names. Use them. They are great names. If you are unable to focus on typing letters then don't type them at all.

Then do NOT use don't! Hypocrites abound!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    I get Chaze, Krooper and Chirpatine... but wt* is Zidader?

Zeta Darth Sidious + Darth Vader. Put them in a shaker and you have Zidader.

All credit due to muah. I won't forget all the little people when I get rich! :D

SnakesOnAPlane
  • The z prefix is the best way because it will also allow for someone to talk about a double-zeta character (Yoda and Jyn, I think, have two zetas? and Palpatine has spots for two, right?) by saying zzYoda. You don't have to pronounce it, of course. You're just reading. You can just comprehend and not say to yourself. "ZZ-yo-dah!" or "zzzzzuh-YO-dah" or anything.
  • Cashicus wrote: »
    The z prefix is the best way because it will also allow for someone to talk about a double-zeta character (Yoda and Jyn, I think, have two zetas? and Palpatine has spots for two, right?) by saying zzYoda. You don't have to pronounce it, of course. You're just reading. You can just comprehend and not say to yourself. "ZZ-yo-dah!" or "zzzzzuh-YO-dah" or anything.

Exception for Asajj, she has 2 zetas: Asazz or Ventrezz. But if you put only one it should be Asajz if you put it on Rampage or Asazj if you put it on Nightsister Swiftness.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    Cashicus wrote: »
    The z prefix is the best way because it will also allow for someone to talk about a double-zeta character (Yoda and Jyn, I think, have two zetas? and Palpatine has spots for two, right?) by saying zzYoda. You don't have to pronounce it, of course. You're just reading. You can just comprehend and not say to yourself. "ZZ-yo-dah!" or "zzzzzuh-YO-dah" or anything.

Exception for Asajj, she has 2 zetas: Asazz or Ventrezz. But if you put only one it should be Asajz if you put it on Rampage or Asazj if you put it on Nightsister Swiftness.

What?
  • I think it is awesome. It is a good sign for a game, when a community creates such game specific words. It shows how people are attached to the game.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    latest?cb=20100422191602
    + zeta
    =
    92414d2ccbe975e049634c084f0d6.jpg

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Carbonari
    676 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    leef wrote: »
    latest?cb=20100422191602
    + zeta
    =

+1
    MissPiggy-ViewMasterPortrait.png

+ zeta

=

Ziggy-stardust-david-bowie.jpg

• I find more cringe when people write in different colors.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Naw wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »
    Z-Vader, Z-Maul, Z-Barris, Z-Yoda. Much better in my opinion.

Until you have typed each of those ten times on a mobile device during an hour...?

Then type zVader, or Zmaul if you can't handle the extra half a second it takes to type 2 extra keys on your mobile... 1 more key surely won't hurt you...
  • Or just say Vader and Maul.

We don't have special names for characters with abilities rank 1-7 or Omega. In almost every case an upgraded version of an ability is strictly better (some are bugged, and the AI uses RG's buff too often to want its -1 cooldown) so just assume people are talking about the most upgraded version of a character.

Don't be silly, people. You're overthinking all of this.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I can understand why people mention Zeta, but not Omega since it is kind of assumed any arena team has Omegas that is maxed level. Plus, Zetas unlike Omegas tend to change how the character operates a fair bit, so warrants an extra tag in my opinion.
  • I find more cringe when people write in different colors.

or slash their words in half
  • How zare you zisrespect ze Motherland! Ve ze people of Russia stand zogether!
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Leef wins! Rofl
  • How bout ZadeL, ZobL, ZauL, or ZgL for zeta and leader?
  • Sorry for kinda necromancing a month old post..but I'm also starting to find these "Z" really ridiculous. I mean come on Zooku? His name is Dooku. Zavage..nope I don't think so. Most people have at least one character zeta by now. When someone says they are running a DarthMaul(L), we can pretty much all assume DM has a zeta.

If anything I'd prefer to see people do zDooku, zMaul, zVader, etc.

Just for the love of StarWars please people stop with Zooku, Zavage, Zader etc....it just doesn't sound right.

I don't ever complain on these forums about petty things but these Z name changes are just awful.
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    New Character added:

latest?cb=20130519202020

Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander

Z's already applied
  • SikrouDeco wrote: »
    New Character added:

latest?cb=20130519202020

Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander

Z's already applied
    +1

Love it! Never watched the show though. Read the books as they were released.
  • SikrouDeco
    338 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Carbonari wrote: »
    SikrouDeco wrote: »
    New Character added:

latest?cb=20130519202020

Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander

Z's already applied
    +1

Love it! Never watched the show though. Read the books as they were released.

I saw the show, haven't read the books, yet. There was the usual flack about canon etc, but I liked it. :)
    leef wrote: »
    latest?cb=20100422191602
    + zeta
    =

+1 for Zappa! "Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow"

• I had Zex with Zasma once. Pretty awesome.